Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 12,088

Socar

I'm worried if Nintendo decides to use patches as means of excuses of releasing their games on time. I don't want them to copy the method these evil corps out there force us to get used to it and get angry about it.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

I don't see why digital game releases can't be sooner than physical releases. Some claim it to be unfair, that some people get it sooner than others, but Age of Ultron is doing that and I haven't heard much of a uproar about it.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SuperWiiU

DefHalan wrote:

I don't see why digital game releases can't be sooner than physical releases. Some claim it to be unfair, that some people get it sooner than others, but Age of Ultron is doing that and I haven't heard much of a uproar about it.

It's not ideal for marketing. People read and hear the game is out, but then can't find it in stores or the hype might've died down once the physical release is finally out.

DefHalan

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

It's not ideal for marketing. People read and hear the game is out, but then can't find it in stores or the hype might've died down once the physical release is finally out.

That might be an issue, but I think it isn't a big issue. Like I said, Age of Ultron is doing that. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a large amount of time. What if it was only a week.

RR529

DefHalan wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That might be an issue, but I think it isn't a big issue. Like I said, Age of Ultron is doing that. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a large amount of time. What if it was only a week.

Purchasing movies day 1 probably isn't as big of a deal (in comparison to games), because they already had a theatrical release months before either the physical or digital release. Anyone who wanted to see a movie that badly has probably already seen it (maybe even multiple times) in theaters.

With games, their release date to store shelves (both physical & digital) is the very first chance the general public is able to experience them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Socar

So this opinion is about the "Romhacks being removed" that Nintendo recently announced and here's my opinion on that.

I wish Youtube were gone.....its because of youtube that we have a community that's alienated over the fact that simply posting gameplay footage of a game doesn't make YOU or ANYONE special that SAVED a corporate like Nintendo. If you upload a rom hack of a game, you're pretty much telling everyone to get the rom hack instead of the actual game.

Earlier before Super Mario Maker was made, Nintendo removed a fan based game which guess what? IS A RIP OFF OF MARIO MAKER ITSELF! It plays the actual Super Mario Bros and it also has a level edit option. How can a fan game that is a rip off of an actual game make any profit for the real game? Similarly, how does a hack game NOT make anyone recommend getting the hacked version instead of the original?

I can understand that if the game is of poor quality like Sonic Boom or something, then yeah, a hacked game would serve as means of punishment for someone like SEGA for not delivering a quality game.....but if Nintendo delivers quality, why argue over this little thing?

Its like using a product in the shop and then deciding not to buy it because it didn't work for you.....which is why we have bills and warranty's for that matter? Which is why Nintendo removes youtube videos simply because it doesn't need gamers to upload videos? Tell me one Nintendo game that requires youtube for Nintendo to sell their product like HUGE!

Also....come to think of it, didn't Jirard from the Completionist upload gameplay footages from various Nintendo games? How is it that he has no issues with it that everyone else does?

as stated......I wish youtube were gone. Its making the term "You Tube" More like you matter the most rather than something you want to express the most. If you're hacking roms, just don't use Mario but slap some cheap character in it and do it free and Nintendo won't catch you, simple as that. There are so many Sonic ripoffs that I can't think of one that SEGA caught hold off.

Whydoievenbother

@Artwark
1. That fan game existed before Mario Maker, and thusforth can't be a ripoff.
2. Just because Nintendo doesn't need youtuber support, that doesn't make it right to delete youtube videos.
3. Jirard from the completionist uses the nintendo creators program.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

MegaMari0

I'm sure it's already been mentioned before but....... Metroid: Other M was an awesome game. Story was iffy but still a great game. Super Mario Bros 2 needs a remake or sequel. An obscure but good PC game(for its time) called Armor Command needs a remake or sequel.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Socar

@MrMario02: So you're saying that the fan is a bigger genius than Nintendo? We don't even know if Nintendo thought of this earlier than the fan has. It is legal for them to remove videos that are corrupting their IP. And the fact that Jirad uses the program further proves the point of how popular he is on youtube.

Imagine that I have a false video about your creation and that video is FAR better than your creation and thus your creation loses value because of such videos. If law weren't strict, you're creation would be more of a laughing stock rather than something that means a lot to you. Sonic right now is a joke to the community and that's because of the fan stuff around it forgetting the one special thing about Sonic and that's his speed.

Really, you're defending youtubers if you think they are 10x better than a corporate running business.

DefHalan

RR529 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Purchasing movies day 1 probably isn't as big of a deal (in comparison to games), because they already had a theatrical release months before either the physical or digital release. Anyone who wanted to see a movie that badly has probably already seen it (maybe even multiple times) in theaters.

With games, their release date to store shelves (both physical & digital) is the very first chance the general public is able to experience them.

Fairly good point, but I did put this in the "Unpopular Gaming Opinions" section because I knew it was a unpopular opinion.

kkslider5552000

Link to the Past fanboys are the worst Zelda fanboys (barring the thankfully mostly dead anti-Wind Waker grafix crowd).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Link to the Past fanboys are the worst Zelda fanboys (barring the thankfully mostly dead anti-Wind Waker grafix crowd).

Are they? I haven't really noticed any vitriol from LttP fans. Most of the more vocal ones just seem to moan about how modern Zelda games are too hand-holdy. Sounds like every other "old thing is better than new thing" fan base sect.

Personally, I find the worst fanboys of any series to be the ones that latch onto the franchise's most grimdark entry and expect every future game to be like that, throwing around whatever derisive buzzword like "kiddie" and "otaku" they can.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Whydoievenbother

@Artwark:
1. No, i'm just saying that he's not ripping off nintendo if he did it first. The fan game was out years prior..
2. How does Jirard using the nintendo creators program prove how popular he is on youtube. After all, Pewdiepie has over 38 million subscribers, and he hates the creators program.
3. I never said that youtubers are better than corporate buisness. Stop putting words in my mouth.
4. Videos can't damage Intellectual Property. Poor use of intellectual property can damage intellectual property. Let's say the next Mario game turns out to be bad. Then the Intellectual property is damaged. It can't be damaged by videos made by fans.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

People like to say that there are too few female protagonists in games. Well that wasn't always true. There were plenty of female protagonists in games, but they were pushed out (as well as many other good things) by gaming's satan: Call of Duty!

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: 1. If that game wasn't removed, then sales of SMM would not be huge as its going to be now.
2. Pewdepie does this for fun and never thought of going to youtube as a career in the first place. Jirard on the other hand doesn't as he wants the world to prove that he is the completionist.
3.I assumed that you thought of it as such. I didn't say that you did. Still the fact that you're defending youtubers over this is just silly.
4. They of course can. If a reviewer uploads his videos, his review will affect the sales of the product. You can't use IP that don't belong to you so saying that rom hacks and roms that are ok in general because they increase the market for Nintendo, its not because they don't. Every youtuber claims that they are so better than Nintendo. And as long as Youtube exists, the community is corrupted because of its existence. Tell me one game by Nintendo that got the awareness because of youtubers. None and I can't think of any. If such a thing was known, then Nintendo would leave it as it is. They don't need youtube to sell their products as long as they do commercials and such. Sure, youtube is needed for directs but seeing as they are first broadcast live, it doesn't matter.

Whydoievenbother

@Artwark: 1. I wasn't trying to say that the Fan game didn't deserve to be removed.
2. True, but now youtube is pewdiepie's career.
3. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
4. Okay, maybe youtube can affect sales, but nintendo should be confident enough in their ability to make games that they shouldn't have to worry about review scores mitigating sales. If you're not confident in your product, you end up like Ubisoft trying to sell Watch_Dogs.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LzWinky

MrMario02 wrote:

People like to say that there are too few female protagonists in games. Well that wasn't always true. There were plenty of female protagonists in games, but they were pushed out (as well as many other good things) by gaming's satan: Call of Duty!

In all honesty, I prefer the male/female protagonist route that some games take. Pokemon, Mass Effect, and now Fire Emblem do this and it works fine.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Geonjaha

Artwark wrote:

If you upload a rom hack of a game, you're pretty much telling everyone to get the rom hack instead of the actual game.

Strange leap in logic there. Emulation is not illegal in all countries, but more importantly, piracy cannot be prevented completely. The best way to prevent piracy is to offer a better service than you get from pirating a game. These old roms are not significantly affecting sales of decade old games; that's just a stupid assumption, and even if they were, it's probably because the ones Nintendo do offer are on an overpriced limited platform that people don't want to bother with.

Earlier before Super Mario Maker was made, Nintendo removed a fan based game which guess what? IS A RIP OFF OF MARIO MAKER ITSELF! It plays the actual Super Mario Bros and it also has a level edit option. How can a fan game that is a rip off of an actual game make any profit for the real game? Similarly, how does a hack game NOT make anyone recommend getting the hacked version instead of the original?

If this game came out first, technically Super Mario Maker ripped it off, but you wouldn't want to admit that now. You know what's really sad is the fact that this "hack" game is somehow more appealing than Nintendo's own version of it. Somehow what they provide just doesn't hold up. Sounds like their problem once again. If only Nintendo actually tried to improve itself rather than try to hide everyone who shows them up, eh?

I can understand that if the game is of poor quality like Sonic Boom or something, then yeah, a hacked game would serve as means of punishment for someone like SEGA for not delivering a quality game.....but if Nintendo delivers quality, why argue over this little thing?

Oh, so the action is justified when some people didn't like an official game? That's some level of hypocrisy there. Here's also the problem with this logic; if Nintendo delivered quality, why would people go for the fan made game anyway? Why would they need to bother removing this little thing?

Also....come to think of it, didn't Jirard from the Completionist upload gameplay footages from various Nintendo games? How is it that he has no issues with it that everyone else does?

So, everyone is wrong because you've found one YouTuber who might agree with your point of view on this? Lol, that's even assuming that he thinks the system is right; he might just upload them anyway because he makes enough money through his other videos or because he still really enjoys making Nintendo videos.

as stated......I wish youtube were gone. Its making the term "You Tube" More like you matter the most rather than something you want to express the most.

"I think a whole website should disappear because I don't like that people can make videos. Also because the name encourages egomania!"

You're defending Nintendo, because you like them as a company, and you're rationalizing to yourself their actions to make them seem like the right choice. Nintendo are the only company that police Youtube content based on their work to the degree that they do. They have a legal right to do what they are doing - that doesn't mean that it's the right decision. Believe it or not, Nintendo is a company; they don't work on principle, they work based on what works from a business standpoint. Their actions on Youtube just happened to be a terrible business decision made by people who are out of touch from the system. Again; there's a reason that they're the only company stupid enough to pull something like this, and no, it isn't because they're the only company with the integrity to 'protect' their products. These decisions with Youtube will cost Nintendo. Not in terms of the fans that will follow them to the ends of the earth, but in terms of people who realise what they're doing is petty, unnecessary, and pretty damn greedy for the most part.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Geonjaha

LztheQuack wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

In all honesty, I prefer the male/female protagonist route that some games take. Pokemon, Mass Effect, and now Fire Emblem do this and it works fine.

For games where the main character is pretty much a blank slate like in the examples you mentioned, not allowing the choice of gender is just a lost oppertunity, but when they're actually an established character, there's not really any reason to force a gender choice in just for the sake of equality. Doing that doesn't help create better female characters.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

World

Geonjaha wrote:

For games where the main character is pretty much a blank slate like in the examples you mentioned, not allowing the choice of gender is just a lost oppertunity, but when they're actually an established character, there's not really any reason to force a gender choice in just for the sake of equality. Doing that doesn't help create better female characters.

I think Umihara Kawase is a good example of where to start. It sounds silly, but Umi is just there like Mario is. No story, just weird fish with legs and a fishing line. To me, it seems like the problem isn't that we need more female characters or to make Mario have a Maria counterpart, but that we need to stop seeing "male character" as default. Female characters can be "just there" too!

Okay so maybe that sounded better in my head, but Umihara Kawase is a great series?

World

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic