Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 12,088

Socar

Geonjaha wrote:

Strange leap in logic there. Emulation is not illegal in all countries, but more importantly, piracy cannot be prevented completely. The best way to prevent piracy is to offer a better service than you get from pirating a game. These old roms are not significantly affecting sales of decade old games; that's just a stupid assumption, and even if they were, it's probably because the ones Nintendo do offer are on an overpriced limited platform that people don't want to bother with.

Actually, piracy can be prevented IF Microsoft made the Xbox one policies happen in the first place. Thing is though, piracy affects lots of companies big time and it is a huge problem. I don't know how anyone could pirate playstation games except 1 and 2. If anything were to go for digital, I don't think piracy can work anymore. And for the record, prices really don't matter that much because really, you're paying lower than the actual cost of the old game itself and plus, emulation on consoles isn't really an easy thing to do. I can't understand the complain that gamers have for a game on genesis that costs like what? 3.00$ than something like Super Mario Bros that costs 5.00$. Its just two bucks extra and the fact that the SEGA compilations cost the same as the retail games which is odd considering that the games themselves should be cheaper than that.

If this game came out first, technically Super Mario Maker ripped it off, but you wouldn't want to admit that now. You know what's really sad is the fact that this "hack" game is somehow more appealing than Nintendo's own version of it. Somehow what they provide just doesn't hold up. Sounds like their problem once again. If only Nintendo actually tried to improve itself rather than try to hide everyone who shows them up, eh?

Funny because they made level editors for games like Warioware so they would most likely get inspired from those games instead.

Oh, so the action is justified when some people didn't like an official game? That's some level of hypocrisy there. Here's also the problem with this logic; if Nintendo delivered quality, why would people go for the fan made game anyway? Why would they need to bother removing this little thing?

Because the fan made games technically can make companies lose money. So many fan made games actually make huge losses one way or another. Pokemon Online is far better than the main Pokemon games because battling is so much easier. That means that Game Freak has the right to remove it because its ruining potential sales of the Pokemon brand.

So, everyone is wrong because you've found one YouTuber who might agree with your point of view on this? Lol, how deep into the sand is your head right now? That's even assuming that he thinks the system is right; he might just upload them anyway because he makes enough money through his other videos or because he still really enjoys making Nintendo videos.

And yet the fact that gamers like don't mind using the system further proves why no one should even bother criticizing Nintendo because of it.

"I think a whole website should disappear because I don't like that people can make videos. Also because the name encourages egomania!"

You're defending Nintendo, because you like them as a company, and you're rationalizing to yourself their actions to make them seem like the right choice. Nintendo are the only company that police Youtube content based on their work to the degree that they do. They have a legal right to do what they are doing - that doesn't mean that it's the right decision. Believe it or not, Nintendo is a company; they don't work on principle, they work based on what works from a business standpoint. Their actions on Youtube just happened to be a terrible business decision made by people who are out of touch from the system. Again; there's a reason that they're the only company stupid enough to pull something like this, and no, it isn't because they're the only company with the integrity to 'protect' their products. These decisions with Youtube will cost Nintendo. Not in terms of the fans that will follow them to the ends of the earth, but in terms of people who realise what they're doing is petty, unnecessary, and pretty damn greedy for the most part.

Because its you on a tube. It treats you like you are the one that matters most. Also, please do some research and observe who else besides Nintendo removes videos because quite frankly, you only mentioned Nintendo and nothing else. If they were so greedy, they would charge fines for every video that's removed which would be far worse than simply just removing them. Videos are made for educational and entertainment purposes, not something like advertising illegal use of roms etc. I'll admit that I used to do it but that's because I couldn't understand the logic behind it till I realized it and from then on, I have never done any level of piracy and the only time I do it is when getting games which no longer affect business because of those companies that have been bankrupt.

I love them because they do what they always do and that's making games fun and engaging something which you have to look very hard to find games that do that when going for third party games. Quite frankly, Nintendo doesn't need youtube for marketing. They just need commercials to air on TV and license their games to TV shows and such like Pokemon and they will do fine without youtube, The only reason why they would need youtube is for people like you or everyone out ther who thinks that youtube is the greatest community site in the world and since they can't abandon youtube because of this fact, they are forced to make use of it. Also if they work on what works as a business standpoint, then why do they do things that people don't want them to do to begin with? Many hate the idea of the Wii and yet, people still buy it. Many hate the Wii U and people still buy it. Many hate even Nintendo and yet still buy their products regardless.

Companies exist because of the communities that are loyal to them and to consumers who are eager to try out their products. I feel that using rom hacks and advertising them isn't the right thing to do no matter how old it is. As silly as it sounds, it is the best way to do it. You say that Nintendo has lost touch to its fanbase when in reality, lots of companies have lost greater value than Nintendo.......Konami for instance.

I love them because they have the heart of gamers. To give gamers the trill of the games they give out and put a smile and sense of joy to my face. Everytime I play a third party game, most of the time, its just half baked with nothing interesting. And while this is only my opinion, that opinion is the same for many that seem to realize that many companies have lost their touch in gaming.

Encouraging gamers to use rom hacks for speed runs isn't something I would leave. Come to think of it, why would you use a rom hack to make glitches that the real rom can't?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

Emulators are not only good, they may be necessary down the line. Why?
If I want to read a book from the year 1300 B.C., I can just search "[insert book title here]".
If I want to listen to a song from the same year I can just google search"[insert song title here]".
If I want to see "A trip to the moon" , I can just google search "A Trip To The Moon".
If I want to see a the Mona Lisa . I can just google search "Mona Lisa Images".
If I want to play SwordQuest: EarthWorld from 1982 A.D. I need
1. A copy of the game
2. A working Atari 2600
3. A proper resolution TV
That's a lot of work just to play 1 game. OR I could use an emulator and get it running with ease. You could argue that there are also game collections like Rare Replay and Intellivision lives, but even now, those kinds of things are hard to come by (unless you own an XBOX ONE.).

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Geonjaha

Artwark wrote:

So, everyone is wrong because you've found one YouTuber who might agree with your point of view on this? Lol, how deep into the sand is your head right now? That's even assuming that he thinks the system is right; he might just upload them anyway because he makes enough money through his other videos or because he still really enjoys making Nintendo videos.

And yet the fact that gamers like don't mind using the system further proves why no one should even bother criticizing Nintendo because of it.

Yeah...I'm not even going to bother continuing to debate this with you. You think that because some people use something then no one should bother criticizing it. There is always someone who is willing to use or do something. That doesn't mean that it's a good idea or that it can't be criticised. I wouldn't have thought this was a concept that warranted explanation.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CaviarMeths

I get the feeling that Artwark missed out on the early 90s Sega vs Nintendo console wars, feels sad about that, and is really just trying to make up for all the missed "boo Sega, yay Nintendo" hype, but in a more modern context.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@Tubalcain: Yeah.....I guess you're right. Opinions are opinions that don't really mean much. But in my opinion, I don't see some of the criticism that Nintendo gets like the rom thing I mentioned.

CM30

Meh, I think copyright in cases like this should be competition based. The company or individual who makes the better product or service gets the IP, not specifically the one who created it in the first place. Harsh? Yes. But if someone's work sucks, and someone's rip off is better... I prefer the latter. People always talk of the 'free market', lets have that decide who gets ownership too.

That said, ROM hacks don't really compete with Mario Maker, at least to much of a degree. There are things you can do with say, Lunar Magic that aren't possible in Mario Maker and vice versa. The appeal of the former is more like custom games than individual levels.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

For as much as I hate Mirror's Edge, I will admit that it was creative to create a futuristic setting that wasn't a dystopia. After all how did we go from every future looking like this
Untitled
To every future looking like this
Untitled

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Peek-a-boo

@MrMario02: Any reason(s) why you 'hate' Mirror's Edge?

I thought it was one of the most original and refrshing games last generation, and apart from the slightly wayward last third of the game, the whole experience was a rush. I even completed it a second time to try out a 'no gun' play through!

The vibrantly colourful visuals - if simple - made it all the more enjoyable to play.

Peek-a-boo

Whydoievenbother

@Peek-a-boo: I've already went over this, but mainly because of
1. The control is cumbersome
2. The combat is useless
3. Platforming in a first person perspective is a terrible idea
4. The game was incredibly linear almost to the point of being a paint-by-numbers exercise
5. The "Look" and Runner vision functions glitch out a lot
6. The story was awful
7. I couldn't care less about Faith (or any of the other characters, for that matter)
8. There are so many moves that you'll never use until the end, and by that time, you've forgotten them all
9. There's too much of a focus on set-pieces for a fast-paced platformer.
10. It's never explained why the government in Mirror's Edge is evil.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Tiefseemiez

I don't get why everyone is so focused on games having "post-game-content". I prefer when games finish with a boom. When the story is building up to one specific climax and the game finishes afterwards it feels concluded and this feels very satisfying or even emotional, normally. In those cases "post-game-content" feels like when you ate something really delicious, let's say your mum's best christmas roast, and you proceed immediately to smoke and eat some bread.
Though I admit that I did like the PGC in Omega Ruby, but that's only because Pokemon stories usually aren't emotional and the Top 4 are not that much of a conclusive highlight anyway.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

iKhan

Tiefseemiez wrote:

I don't get why everyone is so focused on games having "post-game-content". I prefer when games finish with a boom. When the story is building up to one specific climax and the game finishes afterwards it feels concluded and this feels very satisfying or even emotional, normally. In those cases "post-game-content" feels like when you ate something really delicious, let's say your mum's best christmas roast, and you proceed immediately to smoke and eat some bread.
Though I admit that I did like the PGC in Omega Ruby, but that's only because Pokemon stories usually aren't emotional and the Top 4 are not that much of a conclusive highlight anyway.

I think it depends on the game. In a game with a grand story, yeah post game content is kind of pointless. But in a game all about the adventure and journey like Pokemon, it has a night and day difference.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Socar

Professor Layton is a Nintendo franchise and not something of a third party simple as that. If it isn't, then how come neither the title or the credits say "Licensed by Nintendo" Instead of putting "Copyright Nintendo"?

kkslider5552000

Kinan wrote:

/throws 2 cents in the machine

FF7 blows and Sephiroth is the worst character ever conceived.

this isn't an unpopular opinion (entirely), but it sure is a boring one

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

@BinaryFragger: Means nothing. And like I said, anything that isn't under Nintendo's ownership always mentioned licensed by Nintendo. Games like Scribblenauts have mentioned that its licensed by Nintendo and that's that. Where does it mention in the box or in the game as a game licensed by Nintendo. Its like ranting that Pokemon ownership all over again. If it doesn't mention licensed by Nintendo, then its clearly something that Nintendo does have access to. Atleast Meteos is understandable because Bandai Namco published it halfway just as Nintendo did.

That would simply mean that anything Intelligent Systems make isn't soley owned by Nintendo one bit. That means that Golden Sun isn't something Nintendo owns even though clearly, its a franchise that Nintendo both funded and helped co-develop.

Socar

@BinaryFragger: What.....have you done......you made me spoil the story of the last game in the second trilogy! >:<

gcunit

Watch_Dogs, even the Wii U version, is a really great game.

I'm only about 5 hours into it but I'm beginning to think I may prefer it to GTA (though I've not played GTA5 yet). Everything feels a bit less over-the-top and caricaturey compared to GTA and I prefer the way the game is setup and progresses, and the overall tone of the game. Driving is fun, gun fights are fun, evading the police is more enjoyable.

It seems like a lot of people have judged Watch_Dogs and Ubisoft, and especially the Wii U version, without giving it a fair chance.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SuperWiiU

gcunit wrote:

Watch_Dogs, even the Wii U version, is a really great game.

I'm only about 5 hours into it but I'm beginning to think I may prefer it to GTA (though I've not played GTA5 yet). Everything feels a bit less over-the-top and caricaturey compared to GTA and I prefer the way the game is setup and progresses, and the overall tone of the game. Driving is fun, gun fights are fun, evading the police is more enjoyable.

It seems like a lot of people have judged Watch_Dogs and Ubisoft, and especially the Wii U version, without giving it a fair chance.

The Wii U version is factually the worst version, so that people judge it is fair. For people like me who have a choice in platform, there is no good reason to go for the Wii U version. And Ubisoft should also be judged for taking so long to bring us the worst version of their game. But we all know Ubisoft loves releasing unoptimised games.

Socar

I feel the DS is more creative than the 3DS.

3DS games barely make use of the touch screen as means of gameplay. Sure, some games like Uprising make use of it but its not as major as the original DS. One of the reasons why is because the main gameplay is at the top screen and the only thing the touch screen does the majority of the times is for simple interface actions like menus.

Whydoievenbother

@Artwark: I agree, but at the end of the day that was kind of a given. DS games focused more on the touch screen because that was the new thing on DS. Not so much on 3DS, where the new feature/gimmick was 3D.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic