Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 12,088

Tubalcain

@Cyber-BLP--: thats to bad mate, some sort of color blindness? I read a while back that theres a certain kind of glasses that corrects that. Goes arond 200-300$ i think

Edit: I found it: http://enchroma.com/

Edited on by Tubalcain

Tubalcain

Haruki_NLI

@Tubalcain: It's a form of colour blindness that doesn't result in actual blindness to colour. It just gets mixed up, or some colours look the same. The most common for me is dark green and brown often look identical. I would, but I also have my regular glasses and its so severe I don't think I want to waste my time. I just have to acknowledge that it's a technical disability that people will have a hard time understanding because many don't know they have it. I didn't for 19 years!

It does limit my games though. It's why I have an instinctive preference for bright and colourful and cartoony (Apart from it being a personal stylistic preference).

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SuperWiiU

Cyber-BLP-- wrote:

@Tubalcain: It's a form of colour blindness that doesn't result in actual blindness to colour. It just gets mixed up, or some colours look the same. The most common for me is dark green and brown often look identical. I would, but I also have my regular glasses and its so severe I don't think I want to waste my time. I just have to acknowledge that it's a technical disability that people will have a hard time understanding because many don't know they have it. I didn't for 19 years!

It does limit my games though. It's why I have an instinctive preference for bright and colourful and cartoony (Apart from it being a personal stylistic preference).

Doesn't ramming up the contrast in-game and on your TV help?

Haruki_NLI

@SuperWiiU:

Not really. Ramming those up makes everything pop more yes. Increasing the contrast in the colours doesn't make the colours change. It just makes it more clear that two colours are in fact separate.

I can tell you one thing is red (Ish) and something is blue. I cant tell you what shade (Unless it's blue, which I have no issues with) however as soon as red shades or green shades become involved, it's a mess.

It's hard to explain. It's not that I cant see the colour, technically I can. It just looks identical to another colour. Two distinct shades of dark red look the same to me. You'd have a hard time convincing me that something is dark green and not brown, and so on. And in modern games, where those darker colours are prominent, it means that it appears more visually dull, because while yes, those colour ranges are obvious to you, I just see one or two colours and nothing more.

Untitled

This explains it pretty well. I can make out 25, but I cant see any other numbers in those images, save for 56 in the middle right circle, and I'm going to assume that's not right. The other circles are just colours I either interpret wrong, like browns and greens, or simply haven't got the capability to see apart from another colour in the spectrum.

DefHalan

Not sure how unpopular this opinion actually is but:

I don't understand the gameplay draw of Five Nights at Freddy's but I am totally addicted to the lore

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Drowsy

Just because a game is better with mods doesn't excuse the fact that the game is full of glitches that make the game feel like a broken mess. Case in point: Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, etc.

LaserdiscGal

DefHalan wrote:

Not sure how unpopular this opinion actually is but:

I don't understand the gameplay draw of Five Nights at Freddy's but I am totally addicted to the lore

Exactly.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

Anyone who claims that Nintendo isn't going to the times is someone who really is a bit odd to understand.

They tried doing online in NES but they couldn't. They tried doing 3-D effect in GameCube but they decided not too and yet they tried doing it for GBA SP but failed. They even tried to link GBA with the phone to get access to more stuff. When the Wii and DS showed up, people starting this whole "Nintendo needs to go to modern times" thing.

Sure, maybe Nintendo could make it easier to offer free games like how Sony and Microsoft do it, but honestly, I don't think that helps much. The way eshop works isn't like PSN or XBLA but it works for what it does. And you get free online play......how is that not great?

Powerful graphics isn't going to lure third parties into their systems really. They are just better off doing things on their own. The fact that the Gamecube was far powerful than the PS2 but failed because of the lack of DVD? Really? Out of all the features that gamers could criticize on, its no DVD?

Then there's that "Kiddie" issue that so many tend to say when playing Nintendo games? Does a game like Bayonetta 2 look Kiddie? What about Uprising and Star Fox?

And when it comes to the price of the games being expensive, Nintendo is the one to blame on that. If its gimmicky motion controls, Nintendo is to blame. If gamers threaten that if Nintendo doesn't make a basic controller for their games, that's bad because the west are so stubborn to try out new things in gaming.

I feel that gamers are worried that if the so called "gimmicks" are a way to play games in the future, these gamers will have to force themselves to adapt into such controls instead of doing the old controls. I mean what activity do you do here simply pressing buttons? Atleast when playing Majora's Mask 3D, I can just use the touch screen and place my items and such rather than doing it manually as it was originally.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Tubalcain

@Artwark: they have a "kiddie" image because Nintedo itself propagate that image. they always stress that they must a a family friendly environment which permeates to their games up to their advertising, even in Miiverse, look at their commercials. and to it that most of their games are cartoony. basically they MARKETED themselves to such stereotype.

with regard to the games you mentioned, well starfox has a cartoony premis which my be viewed as kiddie, bayonetta and all other mature games on nintendo are not really marketed as much plus it only compromise a minority of games in nintendo systems(not including indies).

In conclusion, Nintendo itself is to blame with their "kiddie" image. they marketed themselves kiddie, they got a kiddie image. honestly, i dont really have a problem with that

Tubalcain

Whydoievenbother

I've said this before, but Anyone who says that Free to Play is evil because Free to Play games aren't really "free" is being super entitled. Games cost millions of dollars to make these days, and expecting that the developer just give that away is just crazy. That's not to say that there aren't any bad free to play games that want to suck every dollar out of your wallet, (cough Dungeon Keeper Mobile cough) but still, dismissing the entire idea of Free to Play games isn't a very good idea.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: There's nothing wrong with the free to start program. The problem is how they charge the game items in them instead of doing something sensible like how Nintendo did with Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Once I buy that level pack, I don't have to buy anything else required for it. That's it. Simple as that.

Also, the fact that these games are being sponsored with commercials and whatnot further proves that they shouldn't charge cash since the commercials themselves are giving them cash to begin with.

@Tubalcain: I understand that if they want to focus on family oriented games, there's nothing wrong in that. But there's Fire Emblem, Metroid and what not that have matured themes in them.

Also, I'd like to argue with your previous post that when SEGA made new IP in favor of getting rid of most of their other IP's, they lost a LOT of their fans and losing audience is a bad sign for someone like SEGA. Sure, you can argue that Nintendo has lost its audience as soon as the Wii was out, but that audience doesn't even compare to the amount that SEGA lost.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

I've said this before, but Anyone who says that Free to Play...

Yes you have, 3 pages ago.

Aug 23, 2015

Mario02 wrote:

People need to stop thinking of Free-to-Play games as free. I have no problem with paying 5 or 10 dollars on a game. I 'm fine with paying $60 on a game, so long as it's good.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LordPieFace

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is a true, hardcore dungeon crawler. It's the truth!

Laidback Layabout
Mouthy Madman
Alliterate Altruist

Zanark

TheDavyStar wrote:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is a true, hardcore dungeon crawler. It's the truth!

I'll back you up on this one even though i am not quite if this is unpopular.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

World

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I genuinely don't understand how the Sega 3D Classics score so highly in reviews. I really wanted to get into them, but they just don't seem as accessible to me as other older games. Is this one of those "you had to be there" kind of things?

World

Haruki_NLI

@DiscoGentleman: Not unpopular as more as it is accurate. We should have an accurate opinions thread.

@World Kinda. It's partly to do with genres that don't exist much if at all these days, and just the ports being so damn good.

LaserdiscGal

Cyber-BLP-- wrote:

@DiscoGentleman: Not unpopular as more as it is accurate. We should have an accurate opinions thread.

@World Kinda. It's partly to do with genres that don't exist much if at all these days, and just the ports being so damn good.

I think accurate opinions are called facts lol, and a thread like that would derail faster than a shoddy carnival rollercoaster.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Haruki_NLI

I've got a seemingly unpopular opinion: I like amiibo

Now what is it the kids say...oh right. Come at me bro?

LaserdiscGal

How is liking Amiibo unpopular? I have 28, and I love em all.

LaserdiscGal

Haruki_NLI

@Darth_Vader: Well my soon to be good friend. Let me tell you a story.

Me and some friends here, have a running gag. As comments flood in, usually negative or arguing with each other, I start drinking. Usually Jack Daniels, today Budweiser. And from what I gather because the planets aren't aligned and the wind isn't blowing towards the god forsaken floorboards, people don't like amiibo.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic