Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

@Drowsy: If you look at Suda51's games this and last gen (No More Heroes, Sine Mora, Liberation Maiden, Black Knight Sword, Killer is Dead, Diabolical Pitch, etc.), You'll see that he wants to do to focus more on action games now.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Drowsy

MrMario02 wrote:

@Drowsy: If you look at Suda51's games this and last gen (No More Heroes, Sine Mora, Liberation Maiden, Black Knight Sword, Killer is Dead, Diabolical Pitch, etc.), You'll see that he wants to do to focus more on action games now.

I know, I was actually excited at the thought.

CaviarMeths

Speaking of Suda51, here's a potentially unpopular opinion:

He's never made a good game. His games are ugly, they have shoddy mechanics, and embarrassing storytelling.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Tubalcain

@Artwark

Anyways for my unpopular one, SEGA is done literally. They may still be around but they aren't. That game that they will announce next month will likely be a disappointment rather than excitement.... don't expect a Skies of Arcadia game or something. Yeah, its childish for me to hate them so much but after barely showing support for Nintendo, I'm downright outraged. If it weren't for their 3-D Classics or those Atlus games, you'd be just as mad as me honestly.

You do know that Sega has other upcoming games right? It seems that you only associate Sega with games developed by them or thier japanese subsidiaries. Sega has other western devs that churn out great games such as Company of heroes, Alien: Isolation, Total war series and the announced total warhammer game.

Edited on by Tubalcain

Tubalcain

kkslider5552000

CaviarMeths wrote:

His games are ugly, they have shoddy mechanics, and embarrassing storytelling.

This is bizarrely both the most and least wrong thing in this thread.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Megas75

Artwark wrote:

Sony is fine in the TV division and other brands so the Playstation while doing well isn't exactly important for Sony.

ummm...what? If anything Sony has been really struggling financially, constantly shutting down and selling off divisions and laying people off. The only thing keeping Sony alive at this rate is the Playstation brand. Speaking of which, don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, but Sony should consider downsizing and become a Gaming-only company, since I feel that's where their success really comes from since the mid-90s

Also Dynasty Warriors is nothing but mindless hack-n-slashing and button-mashing.....and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

SuperWiiU

Jaz007 wrote:

@SuperWiiU: Is that unpopular so much as it is unrealistic though?

That was in response to the three posts above it.

CaviarMeths wrote:

Speaking of Suda51, here's a potentially unpopular opinion:

He's never made a good game. His games are ugly, they have shoddy mechanics, and embarrassing storytelling.

I agree that his games can be ugly(or more accurately just not especially good looking), have shoddy mechanics and embarrassing storytelling, but I still think of the games as good. I've had a really fun experience with most of them.

NotASquid

Fallout 4 wont be that good but it will get praised and a month after release people will complain about it.

NotASquid

Socar

@Tubalcain: Like I said, if it weren't for the acquisition of so many devs, you wouldn't be just as mad as me.

But in all honesty, none of those games would interest me nor the ones who grew up with SEGA's IP. the IP that SEGA has is far more valuable compared to what those western studios have that it just doesn't matter how good SEGA is now.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Tubalcain

@Artwark: well i also grew up with segas IP. Honestly ill take the total wars series over any Sega's other old IP. may I ask on what platforms do you play? Because SEGA is very relevant in PC Gaming. If you only play consoles then i somewhat understand.

Tubalcain

Socar

@Tubalcain: I play PC and Nintendo consoles only. But in PC they still don't have the games that I want to play most of the time. While I admit that Valkyria Chronicles is good at best, its nowhere as solid as FE: A. I love the hell out of revenge of shinobi. Who can forget Yuzo Koshiro in that game? Its even mentioned in the title of the screen itself! Quite frankly, SEGA would make more profit if they just port Master System games on Steam. How is that hard to do when you see them do complications a LOT?

Edited on by Socar

Tubalcain

@Artwark: well it seems that its just your preferences thats limiting your perception of SEGA, going by your comments it looks like you just like japanese made games more. Anyway regardless of your opinion on their western franchises they are still very relevant to a vast number of PC gamers. Just the total war series alone makes them one of the big names in PC gaming. Lastly why the heck would they make more profit by porting their old games? You mean they should go the nintendo route and peddle nostalgia 5-10$ a pop? How do you know it will sell? Can those old games stand out with all those great cheap games on steam? In fact i respect them more since they develop new franchises instead of relying on nostalgia

Tubalcain

Socar

@Tubalcain: Any yet, all we see from them majority of the times is making Sonic games with little new games that barely have any quality in them.

Tubalcain

@Artwark: its like you have blinders with regard to their other franchises since all you care about are franchises that were developed during the genesis era. They have tons of games and not just sonic games, they made the dawn of war series(2 games), total war series(10 games) company of heroes series(3 games), yakuza series(5 games), alien: isolation, football manager series, warhammer: space marines, total warhammer and many more. Its not just Sonic sonic sonic. Most of these are high quality games, barring some odd ones, most of them are crtitically acclaimed.

Edited on by Tubalcain

Tubalcain

shaneoh

Tubalcain wrote:

You mean they should go the nintendo route and peddle nostalgia 5-10$ a pop? How do you know it will sell? Can those old games stand out with all those great cheap games on steam?

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4839/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6016/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6486/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7095/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Tubalcain

@shaneoh: wow, i didnt know they sold that. anyway its like 5$ for a bundle. that's around 10 games per bundle. Okay I will concede that the do sell classic games. atleast they dont resell it over and over every generation. My point is that SEGA does not rely on nostalgia to sell games. aside from sonic they don't really focus on franchises that existed during the genesis era.

Tubalcain

Haruki_NLI

I don't like modern, realistic games. It's more prevalent in western produced titles, but there is a commonly stated over-abundance or darker colours like browns and greens and greys. And people, when I say the game visually looks boring, tend to have a go at me.

Then in a discussion with some friends, we realised that due to my recently discovered colour-vision deficiency, I cant distinguish between various shades of red, green, orange, yellow, browns and greys. Most shades or red look identical, some greens look brown, and so on. So a key factor is, the games might not be totally visually lifeless as I say, but as far as I can see, there is very little on screen, because it all blends together and looks like the same colour.

Hell in some games it makes distinguishing between objects a nightmare. I cant play Call of Duty, and I have tried hard, because I cant distinguish between things due to it at times looking like one flat colour.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic