Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 12,088

LaserdiscGal

People don't like the locked co-op, which is stupid because everyone complaining will get the Amiibo anyways. Just stick to the forums mate.

Oh not to mention they just released (err about to release) a massive update for free, it seems as if most of the internet feels entitled.
But we already knew that, didn't we.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Haruki_NLI

@Darth_Vader: People don't like bloody anything. I shall take thy advice. I'm trying my best not to be noticed anyway, after all, my anti-comment crowd isn't around these parts.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

LaserdiscGal

Cyber-BLP-- wrote:

@Darth_Vader: People don't like bloody anything. I shall take thy advice. I'm trying my best not to be noticed anyway, after all, my anti-comment crowd isn't around these parts.

Trust me, if I had it my way comments would be disabled on the main page.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Haruki_NLI

@Darth_Vader: I don't mind them honestly. Lets be honest, most of the time it can be a good discussion where both sides are acknowledged and then go their separate ways. And then there are those increasingly common articles where comments should be cast into the depths of hell. And that is what is worrying. The site will, retroactively, become less....friendly.

Drowsy

MrMario02 wrote:

I've said this before, but Anyone who says that Free to Play is evil because Free to Play games aren't really "free" is being super entitled. Games cost millions of dollars to make these days, and expecting that the developer just give that away is just crazy. That's not to say that there aren't any bad free to play games that want to suck every dollar out of your wallet, (cough Dungeon Keeper Mobile cough) but still, dismissing the entire idea of Free to Play games isn't a very good idea.

Agreed. I also find it odd how some of these same people can be nostalgic about something like arcades, which I think was a worse business model than F2P is. I know arcades were social and fun, but it's just as anti-consumer as F2P games with micro-transactions are. Especially the extremely hard ones.

Edited on by Drowsy

LaserdiscGal

I'm just losing faith in humanity recently, everyone is always negative as if it's cool to hate everything.

Thank Nintendo that some people here like yourself @cyber-blp-- and others I've mentioned before can see both sides of an argument, and simply state an opinion, not a self entited ultimatum.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

Haruki_NLI

@Darth_Vader: It's a slippery slope. I have a few people here on Skype/Facebook just to dodge the bullets. And I mean bullets. I restructured my damn account!

It worked, mostly. I can state an opinion. One thing I don't stand for is the cultural insensitivity on sales charts, or the recent US entitlement regarding release dates for the most part (EU took 20 years for Earthbound and such...) and frankly the general negative attitude. I suffer from enough depression as is.

LaserdiscGal

@cyber-blp-- hit me up on th sometime then, or heck join Bezker99 and myself on Skype eventually.

LaserdiscGal

Haruki_NLI

@Darth_Vader: Done on Facebook

Tubalcain

@Artwark: with regard to SEGA, they may have lost some of their audience but sure did able di get new ones. The ones they lost is you and other fans who cling to their old IPs but do you know the clamor for a new daw of war game, the total war fans, the aliens fans, almost all of theirnew IPs sell millions. These games have followings. They dont really need the genesis fandom.

On another note, As is said, its not about the matter wether they have games with mature themes or not. My point earlier is they MARKETED themselves kiddie. When your not a nintendo fan and you see their marketing, their TV adverts, their focus on family, their highlights of big games. Naturally you will have the impression that they cater more to the YOUNGER demographic. Its their MARKETING which gave them the kiddie image. They can have a ton of R rated games but until they change their marketing, then all non nintendo fans will see is that Nintendo is for kids.

Edited on by Tubalcain

Tubalcain

LzWinky

Nintendo can be kiddy and still successful.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tubalcain

@LztheQuack: im not disputing that. I even said earlier theres nothing wrong with that. Im just answering his question why they have a kiddie image.

Tubalcain

Whydoievenbother

Drowsy wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

I've said this before, but Anyone who says that Free to Play is evil because Free to Play games aren't really "free" is being super entitled. Games cost millions of dollars to make these days, and expecting that the developer just give that away is just crazy. That's not to say that there aren't any bad free to play games that want to suck every dollar out of your wallet, (cough Dungeon Keeper Mobile cough) but still, dismissing the entire idea of Free to Play games isn't a very good idea.

Agreed. I also find it odd how some of these same people can be nostalgic about something like arcades, which I think was a worse business model than F2P is. I know arcades were social and fun, but it's just as anti-consumer as F2P games with micro-transactions are. Especially the extremely hard ones.

There were even some arcades that had a switch that made the games less fair.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

@LztheQuack: Nintendo couldn't abandon kiddieness because they built their business as a game company around being family friendly.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Geonjaha

Having features explicitly made solely for the sake of children is, at the same time, holding them back considerably. While they've gotten better at online they shut down every service that allows communication on their consoles for the safety of kids. If they introduced more age-restrictions then adults wouldn't need to be punished for buying a Nintendo console.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

-Green-

I don't really care for Amiibo, but I will say, I believe that the design and content for the Splatoon Amiibos was handled very well.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Socar

If it wasn't for the business managers in companies wanting more money, we would all be getting quality games from SEGA.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Open forums -> see new post in Unpopular Opinions thread -> it's Artwark

"Oh, I wonder what he thinks about Sega today."

Click thread -> today Sega has greedy management.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@CaviarMeths: Its not just SEGA in general. Every coporate that has a CEO desperate for money is bound to try and use microtransactions and on disc dlc like Capcom and Konami. I feel as though a creative director who becomes a CEO of the company rather than someone who isn't will definitely allow creative encourage creative freedom more than the latter.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic