Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 12,088

AlliMeadow

grumblebuzzz wrote:

Super Mario 3D World is the worst 3D Mario game and is highly overrated.

3D World is my favorite 3D Mario game, and I think people wouldn't be so critical to it if we got a more "traditional" 3D Mario game as well. To me 3D World is the perfect mix of what makes the 2D and 3D games fun.

Edited on by AlliMeadow

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

TylerTheCreator

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I definitely agree with this statement. They didn't try to do any big concept with this game - it was just Super Mario 3D Land with better graphics and multiplayer. I mean, the multiplayer aspect is cool, but it's not a big change that wow'd me. The reason why I like 3D Land better (much better) than 3D World is because the game had an actual new concept - a Mario game in 3D. The 3D had an actual point because it added to the gameplay with solving puzzles and finding things - and it was just plain cool. Though, the game was a bit easy. I need to play Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I've been looking for a good challenge.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Jaz007

@MrMario02: I don't agree a general level, but karma was definitely better in the first one.

Jaz007

-Green-

I think the best over all 2015 E3 presentation was done by Microsoft. I found Sony's presentation to be exciting but on closer analysis it appeared to be a lot of smoke and mirrors. Almost like slight of hand, with them announcing a great deal of desired games, but not even clarifying or saying their release dates. Bethesda did great, but I found their presentation to be rather small, with them focusing almost entirely on Fallout 4. All the other presentations were kind of average.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Jacob717

The Water Temple in Ocarina of Time isn't hard. I just played in on the VC for the first time, and it felt more straight forward than the Forest Temple.

Jacob717

Haruki_NLI

Megaman is easy. There I said it

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

CrazyOtto

I'm actually glad Nintendo limits how many times you can play demos on 3DS and Wii U.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

LzWinky

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I said the same thing about Super Mario 64. It's grossly overrated and was only good in 1996.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haruki_NLI

I don't like the PS4 library in terms of genre diversity (Kill me, I know) and sadly the games I want, within this or next generation, will be gone. -.-

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

CrazyOtto

ekreig wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

I'm actually glad Nintendo limits how many times you can play demos on 3DS and Wii U.

Could you explain why?

So they don't use demos as their game library instead of actual games that you purchase.

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

LztheQuack wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I said the same thing about Super Mario 64. It's grossly overrated and was only good in 1996.

I'm that way with Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, they were good during the days of the Dreamcast and Gamecube but they both aged badly in my opinion.

CrazyOtto

DefHalan

LztheQuack wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I like Yoshi but I felt Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the worst 3D Mario

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AtomiCartridge

@LaVelle: We already have a 3D open world Donkey Kong game with Donkey Kong 64. And the reason why there isn't a second one is because Donkey Kong 64 was overly slow, complicated, and generic. Which is especially sad when you consider that on the same console, we got the fantastic Mario 64 and Banjo games. If you really want some crazy story like that though, you're better off on fanfiction. There's no way Nintendo would due something so dark in a series so kiddie it could easily tie with Nintendo's most lighthearted franchise, Yoshi.

Twilight Symphony. Enough Said.

My cat Ivory approves of your posts. Please continue to make more of them so that she does not consume my soul.

AtomiCartridge

@AlternateButtons: Super Paper Mario really is a truly good game! It stinks that so many people hate on it. I actually wish that Nintendo would do more games like that, a side-scroller with a proper narrative and RPG elements. What really amazes me is how much polish the game has, even though, it's really the first of its kind. Most people just don't like it because it's not turn-based like the first 2 games were. And now look what happened, we got STINKer Star as our sequel.

Twilight Symphony. Enough Said.

My cat Ivory approves of your posts. Please continue to make more of them so that she does not consume my soul.

LaVelle

@AtomiCartridge: I don't see why there can't be another 3D Donkey Kong that's a little less frustrating, with better pacing and improved controls. I also don't see what has to be 'kiddie' about playing an ape - unless you're making a pun based on the Kong family. As far as I'm concerned Rare gave DK a very interesting look that was far from the storybook Yoshi aesthetic. I'm not after fanfic or complicated narratives. In fact, I want a simple story like all the others with Donkey smashing reptiles intruding on his territory. But I honestly think a game where you play a powerful ape barrelling through a jungle with a gorgeous visual style - 'spider-man' style swinging around vines etc. with a massive world and real time weather effects and a sea with tides etc. would be awesome and I want it.

LaVelle

Peek-a-boo

I have got far more enjoyment out of playing those 'little games' more so than the big (retail) games on the Wii U.

Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8, I preferred my time with Art of Balance, Child of Light, Pullblox (or Pushmo) World, Guacamelee!, NES Remix 1 & 2, OlliOlli, Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Shovel Knight, Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones, SteamWorld Dig, The Swapper and Thomas Was Alone (I especially like this one!).

The only two that I kind of regret buying is Knytt Underground and Trine 2, mainly because they are 'not for me'.

I feel exactly the same way with my PlayStation 4!

I have only bought Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Bloodborne and as much as I enjoyed those five, I too preferred playing those 'little games' such as Contrast, flOw, Flower, Hohokum, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Life is Strange, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood, Pix the Cat, Resogun, Transistor, The Unfinished Swan and Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

TL;DR - those 'little games' are arguably more enjoyable than today's big (retail) games.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Hendesu

Super Mario Galaxy is the most horrible, overrated game all time. Why? Because the controls are terrible, even for Wii game. (Sonic Colors has better controls than Mario Galaxy.) The minigames are frustrating and unimaginative. (The part were you were forced to move the star ball by tilting the Wii remote. Why is this a thing in games?) The graphics are too jarring and lots of edges. Sunshine had better graphics. And it was on Gamecube! (Ultimate proof that Gamecube is better than the Wii.) The soundtrack was also repetitive. In most levels, you'll just hear the average bee world theme. Other times it's just a orchestra version of songs, which it's annoyingly repetitive when facing Bowser numerous times. The story of Rosalina is pathetic and overrated. Her orign and story is terrible and no thoughts were put into it. "Oh, I wanna go home! I miss my mommy! I'll take care of these star shaped creatures from now on and be their mommy!" How unoriginal. Sonic 06 and Kill la Kill has a better story than Rosalina story. And Sonic 06 and Kill la Kill is already terrible! It's bad enough that her story is terrible, but that people actually like the story and praised it. (Game theory is fan of Rosalina, unfortunately.) They think it's the SADDEST NINTENDO STORY EVER. Clearly they never heard of Lucas or Mother 3. What's worse? Never being able to return home or your Mother getting killled? Most smart people pick the second option, but sadly, some people pick the first option. I don't see why people think Rosalina a unique character. She's basically a Daisy/Peach clone with a lame origin. Not only that, Nintendo is getting money off Rosalina fans. Rosalina 3ds theme is the most currently popular and bought theme for the 3DS. Also, her Ambiios are quite rare. (Since everyone is always buying one.) Getting back to topic, Super Mario Galaxy shouldn't exist. It's a terrible game with no reason to purchase. The only good thing about Super Mario Galaxy is the levels that were based of Sunshine and Thomp fortress from SM64. Other else, it's not worth it to get for those levels.
Nintendo should have made Sunshine 2 for the Wii instead. Would have been a seller.
EDIT: I deleted the spoiler of Mother 3. Happy now?

Edited on by Hendesu

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Screenshot

NightmareEater wrote:

Clearly they never heard of Lucas or Mother 3. What's worse? Never being able to return home or your Mother getting killled and being forced to kill your brother.

You.... You do realise you just spoiled the ending of Mother 3, right?

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

CaviarMeths

NightmareEater wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy is the most horrible, overrated game all time.

I love how you change your avatar constantly, but we can still tell instantly that it's you.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

KO-Cub

SlicingScyther wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Clearly they never heard of Lucas or Mother 3. What's worse? Never being able to return home or your Mother getting killled and being forced to kill your brother.

You.... You do realise you just spoiled the ending of Mother 3, right?

Really? NO Delete post!!

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic