Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,461 to 2,480 of 12,088

Hendesu

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy is the most horrible, overrated game all time.

I love how you change your avatar constantly, but we can still tell instantly that it's you.

What do you mean? I change my avatar constantly because I'm trying to find a avatar that fits my style. I don't know how it involves my opinion.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Peek-a-boo

Thank you Nightmare Eater for spoiling Mother 3 for me, especially after recently finishing Earthbound too, seeing as it could potentially be released one day due to the game being fully translated (into English).

[shaking my head]

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the best game of the last generation, 'waggle' controls or not. Super Mario Sunshine already looks quite 'dated' in places whereas Super Mario Galaxy looks perfectly fine to this very day.

I see that Nightmare Eater STILL hasn't edited his post; what a monumental knob.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I have got far more enjoyment out of playing those 'little games' more so than the big (retail) games on the Wii U.

Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8, I preferred my time with Art of Balance, Child of Light, Pullblox (or Pushmo) World, Guacamelee!, NES Remix 1 & 2, OlliOlli, Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Shovel Knight, Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones, SteamWorld Dig, The Swapper and Thomas Was Alone (I especially like this one!).

The only two that I kind of regret buying is Knytt Underground and Trine 2, mainly because they are 'not for me'.

I feel exactly the same way with my PlayStation 4!

I have only bought Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Bloodborne and as much as I enjoyed those five, I too preferred playing those 'little games' such as Contrast, flOw, Flower, Hohokum, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Life is Strange, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood, Pix the Cat, Resogun, Transistor, The Unfinished Swan and Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

TL;DR - those 'little games' are arguably more enjoyable than today's big (retail) games.

You have a PS4 but not Axiom Verge? That's surprising especially as Nintendo hasn't released a good Metroid game for just under 8 years now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

NightmareEater wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy is the most horrible, overrated game all time. Why? Because the controls are terrible, even for Wii game. (Sonic Colors has better controls than Mario Galaxy.) The minigames are frustrating and unimaginative. (The part were you were forced to move the star ball by tilting the Wii remote. Why is this a thing in games?) The graphics are too jarring and lots of edges. Sunshine had better graphics. And it was on Gamecube! (Ultimate proof that Gamecube is better than the Wii.) The soundtrack was also repetitive. In most levels, you'll just hear the average bee world theme. Other times it's just a orchestra version of songs, which it's annoyingly repetitive when facing Bowser numerous times. The story of Rosalina is pathetic and overrated. Her orign and story is terrible and no thoughts were put into it. "Oh, I wanna go home! I miss my mommy! I'll take care of these star shaped creatures from now on and be their mommy!" How unoriginal. Sonic 06 and Kill la Kill has a better story than Rosalina story. And Sonic 06 and Kill la Kill is already terrible! It's bad enough that her story is terrible, but that people actually like the story and praised it. (Game theory is fan of Rosalina, unfortunately.) They think it's the SADDEST NINTENDO STORY EVER. Clearly they never heard of Lucas or Mother 3. What's worse? Never being able to return home or your Mother getting killled and being forced to kill your brother. Most smart people pick the second option, but sadly, some people pick the first option. I don't see why people think Rosalina a unique character. She's basically a Daisy/Peach clone with a lame origin. Not only that, Nintendo is getting money off Rosalina fans. Rosalina 3ds theme is the most currently popular and bought theme for the 3DS. Also, her Ambiios are quite rare. (Since everyone is always buying one.) Getting back to topic, Super Mario Galaxy shouldn't exist. It's a terrible game with no reason to purchase. The only good thing about Super Mario Galaxy is the levels that were based of Sunshine and Thomp fortress from SM64. Other else, it's not worth it to get for those levels.
Nintendo should have made Sunshine 2 for the Wii instead. Would have been a seller.

A lot of this is straight up untrue. Graphics are objectively better than sunshine. The Wii is a more powerful machine, and Galaxy had more polygons running at a higher FPS. The controls are extremely natural. Replacing the star but pointer with the right stick would just be awkward, as the analog stick was never designed for that type of precise input. I'm pretty sure Galaxy has more tracks than any other Mario game, and it's fully orchestrated. No one thinks Galaxy's story is a masterpiece, but it's MUCH better than the usual nothing. I agree Sunshine's story is better, but that's the only other Mario platformer with a story. The ball rolling mini games were extremely hard, but you can't say the controls didn't work. They worked fine. In fact, they were 100 times better than the lily pad controls in Sunshine.

Your entitled to an opinion. But at least say things that aren't true. There are plenty of things I could understand not liking about Galaxy. The linearity, the mechanics, the manta minigame, the poor overworld, etc. But you said none of them.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

NightmareEater wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

I love how you change your avatar constantly, but we can still tell instantly that it's you.

What do you mean? I change my avatar constantly because I'm trying to find a avatar that fits my style. I don't know how it involves my opinion.

Come now, we can be friendlier than that -Lz

Edited on by LzWinky

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Because your posts are so dumb that we can tell who it is without looking at the avatar.

That's not true. We recognize them because he's the only generic troll we have ever since Sakurai was banned (thanks for that, btw, @staff). Believe me, we've had worse in many ways over the years...this one will probably sort himself out like Sakurai did, especially if he keeps it up with those weird avatars.

Back on-topic:

Sliding Tile Puzzles suck.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

I love sliding tile puzzles.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shaneoh

CanisWolfred wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Because your posts are so dumb that we can tell who it is without looking at the avatar.

That's not true. We recognize them because he's the only generic troll we have ever since Sakurai was banned (thanks for that, btw, @staff).

But sakurai and nightmareeater are one and the same? I must be missing something.

On topic, match three (or whatever they're called) games, like candy crush and "puzzles and dragons" are so poor that I cannot justify calling them games. Puzzles and Dragons I will give credit to for at least trying, but the gameplay is beyond tedious (and where the hell are the actual puzzles? Because evolving my monsters with those "puzzle pieces" is as puzzling as breathing). These "games" are to gaming as fecal matter smeared on a piece of canvas is to art

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

CanisWolfred

So he is. Seriously, who let him back in? He obviously learned nothing. :/

Anyways, I'd say the opposite, Shaneon - Match 3 puzzles are as game-y as it gets. They're "simple to learn" and difficult to master, they can be played at their own pace, but only the best get the highest scores (especially with online leaderboards these days). They test your mind and your reflexes, without taxing either of them. Most of them don't have stories, overworlds, or any other articial motivator - it's just you and the game. That's why they do so well, and I highly doubt they'll ever lose relevency.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hendesu

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Oh wow, nice insult! That will keep me happy for my grandfather funeral tomorrow. Sarcasm (I actually have to go my grandfather funeral tomorrow.)
I don't see why my posts are dumb. This is the Unpopular gaming opinions. It means that I'm allowed to post my unpopular, or known as not positive opinions. Also to @Caniswolfred , this isn't my second account. I simply changed my name. You forgot that, didn't you? That you can actually change your name? My first username was Alucardthehero, then Sakurai, then currently now, Nightmare Eater. I find it quite hilarious that on Nintendo life, people gang up at you for a opinion in a unpopular opinion thread.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Shinion

@NightmareEater: I'll counteract your opinion with mine as it seems like we're opposite to each other
1. Don't think that is an opinion, the controls were not 'terrible' in any way. Analog stick to control moving? A to jump? Basic platforming controls there that the SMG games follow. You must be referring to the spin attack and/or pointer controls. The later is perfect and felt so gratifying for me, and is by far a better and more simplistic mechanic for increased length/height with a jump than F.L.U.D.D was in Sunshine. The pointer was meh but the default position in pointing the Wiimote at the TV anyway, it really wasn't a problem.

2. The 'mini-games' could be described as that to an extent, the loop-de-loop, rolling ball, pull-star and bubble ones, but I thought they were incredibly fun and a great change of pace. Even though they both involved tilting with the Wiimote, my favourites were the ball and manta-ray ones, the controls were excellent and I think that SMG2's use of the ball was even better. That purple coin one comes to mind as a great and challenging level.

3. Not even gonna humour that one, putt them side-by-side and it's clear which looks the better. Sunshine was great for its time but then again so wee the Galaxy games.

4. Wow you actually just listed the soundtrack as a negative of the Galaxy games. Is that even possible? I dunno if bad taste or what but they are both right up there with Chrono Trigger, Xenoblade and Ocarina of Time without a doubt.

5. OK I'm not a fan of Rosalina either. Her origin story is optional and she reall isn't all that special all in all. Doesn't take away from the game though, considering it's a platformer and not an RPG or a Sony game, the characters and story don't matter at all.

6. I think a return to Delfino Isle will happen sooner rather than later, then we'll see how much it sells and how good it is, but really Sunshine isn't what you make it out to be. Put a poll comparing it to either of the Galaxy games and asking which one is better or even which do people prefer on any game website and I'll be surprised if it isn't at least 65/35 in favour of the Galaxy game. Your opinion does define the title I suppose, but you do seem incredibly biased in the instance. The Galaxy games are undeniable masterpieces IMO.

Shinion

AtomiCartridge

@LaVelle: So basically Donkey Kong + Spider man + GTA? Geez that actually sounds really fun. I don't know if Nintendo would "approve" of that type of game, but who knows, if they ever decide to reboot King Kong again game developers might get really creative with the liscensing rights. And no, as far as kiddieness I wasn't talking about atmosphere or aesthetic but more along the lines of tone. After all, the worst thing that happens in Donkey Kong is someone gets kidnapped and bananas get stolen. Even in uber silly-looking Nintendo games there have been some darker themes, like Chibi-robo and Wind Waker.

Twilight Symphony. Enough Said.

My cat Ivory approves of your posts. Please continue to make more of them so that she does not consume my soul.

Socar

Considering the lack of controls inputs that RPG's have, I feel like these games fit well on phones even though having games on a phone doesn't sound great. As long as they run OFFLINE AND ARE PROGRAMMED OR EMULATED WELL, then yeah they can do well on phones.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AtomiCartridge

Oh yeah, is it just me or does the soundtrack for Splatoon suck? I like watching people play that game online but I end up muting the video every time because the music is so friggin' annoying.

Twilight Symphony. Enough Said.

My cat Ivory approves of your posts. Please continue to make more of them so that she does not consume my soul.

-Green-

AtomiCartridge wrote:

Oh yeah, is it just me or does the soundtrack for Splatoon suck? I like watching people play that game online but I end up muting the video every time because the music is so friggin' annoying.

The music seems to be a hit or miss for some people. I personally love it and feel like it represents the games character and charm perfectly.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano: I am waiting for Axiom Verge to drop in price. I believe it is £14.99/€17.99/$26.95 at the moment which is a fair bit of money to cough up for for a not-overly-long game like this.

I try to buy indie games for £10 or less as the way I perceive it, nothing for the Xbox Live Arcade (on the Xbox 360) was over £9.20 when you work out the official value of the Microsoft Points that they used to use.

I don't earn as much as most folks so, I try to conserve my budget when it comes to buying games.

Peek-a-boo

spizzamarozzi

AtomiCartridge wrote:

I mentioned this the day the game came out - it is not bad to the point of muting the video, c'mon that's just silly, but it's certainly a step back from the theme tune of the first trailer, which had a nice Weezer mid-Green Album tinge to it, you know, kids getting drunk in skate parks and all that crap.
People keep telling me the soundtrack is godlike because the sounds are totally new, but we have had these sounds at least since the 40s. If I were to do it I would have kept the teenage punk vibe a lot more pronounced instead of getting this bland fusion of 70s funk and cocktail music...it's certainly not bad but could have been really spectacular.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Whydoievenbother

VR is not going to change the industry.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CanisWolfred

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: I am waiting for Axiom Verge to drop in price. I believe it is £14.99/€17.99/$26.95 at the moment which is a fair bit of money to cough up for for a not-overly-long game like this.

I try to buy indie games for £10 or less as the way I perceive it, nothing for the Xbox Live Arcade (on the Xbox 360) was over £9.20 when you work out the official value of the Microsoft Points that they used to use.

I don't earn as much as most folks so, I try to conserve my budget when it comes to buying games.

That's a smart move. I personally thought Axiom Verge was worth full price, but then again, I have enough disposable income to have a choice on the matter...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic