Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 12,088

CanisWolfred

Birthday_Boy wrote:

It's not exactly that retail should be 4x better, but it should be 4x more impressive which in several cases, they are.

I have yet to find a retail game released in the last 5 years that was 4X as impressive as VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, or Shovel Knight, gameplay wise. I mean, there are plenty of games that are longer, but do they actually make good use of its time? Does every level, every challenge, every step of the way just blow me away like these games do, with hardly a hint of filler? To me, that is a much more important accomplishment than sheer volume or graphical fidelity.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gerbwmu

Super Mario Galaxy is my least favorite Mario, Awakening is my least favorite FE game, I love the N64 controller and GamePad and I'm not a fan of the GC Controller.

Too each his own I suppose

Gerbwmu

Nintendo Network ID: TheGerbers

Whydoievenbother

All EA sports games are stupid. Because what's better than playing sports? Playing video game versions of sports!!! Obvious Sarcasm is obvious.
Also Splatoon is nintendo getting jealous of C.O.D.'S success.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

iKhan

MrMario02 wrote:

All EA sports games are stupid. Because what's better than playing sports? Playing video game versions of sports!!! Obvious Sarcasm is obvious.

You are missing the point of sports video games. The point is to be able to play and manage your favorite team with your favorite players. It's not to simulate playing a football or baseball game with your friends. Because it's a team sport, being able to control every member of the team with the click of a button can be really fun.

That said, FIFA is boring, I'd much rather play any other sports game.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dave24

MrMario02 wrote:

All EA sports games are stupid. Because what's better than playing sports? Playing video game versions of sports!!! Obvious Sarcasm is obvious

All RPGs are stupid. Because what's better than LARP and D&D? Playing video game versions of RPG!!!
All tycoon games are stupid. Because what's better than having your own enterprise/firm? Playing video game version of it!!!
All shooter games are stupid. Because what's better than going to shooting range or military? Playing video game versions of it!!!
All sim games are stupid. Because what's better than live your life? Playing vidego game version of life!!!

Dave24

LaserdiscGal

@Dave24 because if someone doesn't think the way you do, they're dumb right?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LzWinky

MrMario02 wrote:

I don't know if this is an opinion or a BS statement

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

You know, Sports games are just a fancy version of Fantasy [insert sport here]...I don't understand the appeal of those, either, unless you're putting real money down on them, but hey, people like it, and at least Video games aren't gambling.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

You know, Sports games are just a fancy version of Fantasy [insert sport here]...I don't understand the appeal of those, either, unless you're putting real money down on them, but hey, people like it, and at least Video games aren't gambling.

I don't put money on it, but it's still fun the same way playing Poker without money is still fun. Having all your predictions pay off just feels so awesome.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ThePirateCaptain

@CanisWolfred
I didn't really understand the appeal of fantasy sports either until I tried it out this year. Surprisingly, it's a lot of fun because of the management involved, plus it brings meaning to games you wouldn't otherwise care about. I don't think it's something you're going to enjoy unless you're a big fan of the sport however.

I did forget one other thing on my last list.....

• The Gamecube controller is pretty bad aside from the ergonomic design and shoulder buttons. Why this controller gets so much praise I'll never know. Sure, it's very comfortable to hold, but the weird button layout makes playing third-party games more challenging than they should be. I might have been able to forgive the awkward button layout and lack of 4 shoulder buttons if the C-stick wasn't so terrible. If you're going to put a second analog stick on the controller, put a second analog stick on, not some stupid little nub.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

iKhan

CapnPancakes wrote:

I didn't really understand the appeal of fantasy sports either until I tried it out this year. Surprisingly, it's a lot of fun because of the management involved, plus it brings meaning to games you wouldn't otherwise care about. I don't think it's something you're going to enjoy unless you're a big fan of the sport however.

I did forget one other thing on my last list.....

• The Gamecube controller is pretty bad aside from the ergonomic design and shoulder buttons. Why this controller gets so much praise I'll never know. Sure, it's very comfortable to hold, but the weird button layout makes playing third-party games more challenging than they should be. I might have been able to forgive the awkward button layout and lack of 4 shoulder buttons if the C-stick wasn't so terrible. If you're going to put a second analog stick on the controller, put a second analog stick on, not some stupid little nub.

My GCN collection is mostly third party games, and I have difficulty going from the GCN layout to other controller layouts because I like it so much. It just makes sense, with the main action button being front and center, and all other buttons surrounding it in close proximity.

Edited on by iKhan

shaneoh

WaLzgi wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

If you were to ask 10 people if they liked The Avengers, statistically, 9 of them would say yes.

Well if we're going on statistics; statistically 9 out of 10 people have a poor taste in movies.

But yeah wasn't a fan of watchmen

And 9 out of 10 people would say you have a poor taste in movies. Your point?

Those 9 in 10 are wrong

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Jaz007

CapnPancakes wrote:

Agreed, it's a bad design outside of Smash, Custom Robo, and few others. The C-stick is a killer. The button layout also doesn't make sense compared to other controllers. The shoulder buttons are big for a shooter, and the button layout is weird. If you don't have a main face button, it makes it weird since they're supposed to be equally important. It's comfortable, but a generally poorly designed controller for playing most games. Now the layout might not be as better on other platformers as I think it is, but I think the GC controller caused me a lot of problems with Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

Jaz007

iKhan

Jaz007 wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Agreed, it's a bad design outside of Smash, Custom Robo, and few others. The C-stick is a killer. The button layout also doesn't make sense compared to other controllers. The shoulder buttons are big for a shooter, and the button layout is weird. If you don't have a main face button, it makes it weird since they're supposed to be equally important. It's comfortable, but a generally poorly designed controller for playing most games. Now the layout might not be as better on other platformers as I think it is, but I think the GC controller caused me a lot of problems with Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

I can't think of many games where there wasn't a single primary face button. Most games have a particular function that is used most often. I played lots of Madden and MVP baseball on that thing, and it was perfect with that controller. Same with Spider-Man 2 and Tales of Symphonia.

I thought the triggers were perfect. Your fingers just slotted right in, and pretty much couldn't slip off.

CaviarMeths

shaneoh wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

If you were to ask 10 people if they liked The Avengers, statistically, 9 of them would say yes.

Well if we're going on statistics; statistically 9 out of 10 people have a poor taste in movies.

But yeah wasn't a fan of watchmen

And 9 out of 10 people would say you have a poor taste in movies. Your point?

Those 9 in 10 are wrong

10 out of 10 people who didn't like The Avengers consider their tastes more refined and euphoric.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

But there were only 9 people who didn't like the Avengers

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

I don't like hate GameStop. Is that an unpopular gaming opinion?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

shingi_70

Mobas area pretty boring genre of games, to play and watch.

Xenoblade was the 2nd based Final Fantasy sequel last gen.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

I don't like hate GameStop. Is that an unpopular gaming opinion?

Other than questionable corporate decisions, Gamestop is really not that bad

Kyloctopus

CanisWolfred wrote:

Birthday_Boy wrote:

It's not exactly that retail should be 4x better, but it should be 4x more impressive which in several cases, they are.

I have yet to find a retail game released in the last 5 years that was 4X as impressive as VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, or Shovel Knight, gameplay wise. I mean, there are plenty of games that are longer, but do they actually make good use of its time? Does every level, every challenge, every step of the way just blow me away like these games do, with hardly a hint of filler? To me, that is a much more important accomplishment than sheer volume or graphical fidelity.

Shovel Knight has filler. A good amount too. Like the entire hard mode, or a fair amount of their achievements. The fact that every time you set a cheat code, you always have to go through the first level. That's all filler to me

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic