Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,455

Dezner

The ending to Zero 4 still gives me chills. It was just that...awesome.

Never has a Mega Man series...ended!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

Wow, you guys have been busy since my last post!

@WaveBoy: Nice to see most of us have the same basic opinion about Mega Man 5 now. I agree with everything you said (at least what I can remember from that wall of Mega-text ) And it's funny you should mention an 8-bit remake of Mega Man 8...

The final version of the game is done and free to download if you're interested. I haven't played the Rockman 8 8-bit remake, but I have played the Rockman 7 8-bit remake and it is excellent. To download it, go here: http://www7.atwiki.jp/wakuwakusuru/pages/13.html and click where it says "ver.final2". I highly recommend checking it out.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki

@MegaStoneSmash91: I totally forgot about that one going to download it right now. Just one question do you use the keyboard to control the action or can you use an Xbox 360 controller?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Retro_on_theGo

WaveBoy wrote:

But it is ZX after all, so it has to be different. Zero has a tiny bit of exploration in that hub-like area which i honetly didn't care for...And selecting missions from a text list was kind of lame...They could of at least had pictures in a MM-like selection screen.lol

Megaman Zero 2 and onward uses pictures for the select screen.

MegaStoneSmash91

@Tasuki: I'm not sure if you can use gamepads normally with it. As far as I know it's only keyboard compatible. To get around this, I use a program called JoyToKey, which lets you program the functions of keys onto the buttons of a controller of some sort. I also use a controller converter that has ports for PS2, GameCube, and XBox controllers, but I could only get the PS2 pad working properly for most of the games I use it for (it has something to do with the layout of the sticks and buttons I think). Anywho, it sure beats using the keyboard, but you can use it if you want.

Please note that I'm not very technologically skilled, and I've explained to the best of my ability. Would a 360 controller work for it? I don't really know, especially since I don't know how a 360 controller works on PC anyway. I know it can be done but I don't know how. I don't even know if plugging a PC gamepad into a USB port would work, but I'm sure you'll figure out something.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

StuffyStuff

There seems to be a bit of a debate regarding the GB Mega Man titles. This thread has been going forever so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've really discussed in detail why many feel the GB titles are "inferior ports" as being discussed on the Wily's Revenge update from today.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

@StuffStuff: While not bad games mind you they do seem inferior ports more than likely due to the limitation size of the GB carts. Take Mega Man In Dr. Wily's Revenge for example. The levels are reused components from the NES game and to top it off you only have 4 robot masters Iceman, Fireman, Elecman, and Cutman and thats it. After that its off to Wilys castle where you face off four robot masters from Megaman 2, who dont even have stages of their own but instead are bosses in Wilys castle. The formula is repeated for Megaman 2 through 4 on GB. 4 Robot masters from one game 4 from the other. As I said they are not bad they just seem like rush jobs made to capitalize the popularity of Megaman at the time.

However Megaman V (thats a Roman numeral for 5 not the letter V) on GB is a completely original game from any of the other Megaman games NES or GB. The main group of enemies are called Stardroids or something of that line and they arent Wily Robot masters. Heck I dont even think Wily is in the game. I dont know the whole story line since I never played that game I just saw it in reviews of Nintendo Power back in the day, but that is one game I definitely want to play. I might just break down one of these days and get if from Ebay.

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

MMV is great, Tasuki. I lucked out and got it for $5 a few years back on Ebay. It's certainly different and there are hidden items and the bosses are creative, and no Wily indeed.

I see your point on Wily's Revenge, but MMIII and IV don't follow that mold exactly. They do split characters up between two NES titles, but they have their own levels unlike WR. It's not like they take Stone Man's stage and cut out a third of the level and carbon copy the NES version so I wouldn't call it a port but maybe a re-interpretation? haha I don't know.

Imo, Wily's Revenge is a frusrtatingly difficult, boring game. MMII is awful. It's so bad that I only played through it once and didn't enjoy it at all. I'd say it's the worst Mega Man game I've played, aside from the DOS MM3. III-V are really good and the graphics keep up with the NES and doesn't feel like I'm playing a cheap GB game.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

@StuffyStuff: Ah see I never played the later MM games on Gameboy I had the first one cause I ran out and bought it when if first came out cause I enjoyed the MM games on the NES I though a portable version would be just as great, boy was I disappointed. I ended up trading that game in years ago lol.

Damn I am half tempted now to check Ebay or a few retro stores in my area for MMV.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

@StuffyStuff: Ah see I never played the later MM games on Gameboy I had the first one cause I ran out and bought it when if first came out cause I enjoyed the MM games on the NES I though a portable version would be just as great, boy was I disappointed. I ended up trading that game in years ago lol.

Damn I am half tempted now to check Ebay or a few retro stores in my area for MMV.

Don't or else the expensive pricing will cause your heart to stop. Just wait for it to come to the 3DS VH.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Don't or else the expensive pricing will cause your heart to stop. Just wait for it to come to the 3DS VH.

IF it does. Look how long its taking them to release the NES Megaman games. I have pretty much lost faith in Nintendos VC Besides I dont have a 3DS anyway.

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

IF it does. Look how long its taking them to release the NES Megaman games. I have pretty much lost faith in Nintendos VC Besides I dont have a 3DS anyway.

Still, you can get a good condition console for what it costs to get Mega Man V. It's worth the wait, trust me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Still, you can get a good condition console for what it costs to get Mega Man V. It's worth the wait, trust me.

I dont know we will see its not like I am running out to buy it now. But I probably will end up getting the cart as I said I have lost faith in Nintendos VC system.

My Backlog

EvilRegal

Please don't die, Mega Man! We love you!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

StuffyStuff

Remember when Mega Man Mania was announced, allegedly containing all five of the GB games? The conspiracy theory behind it was that Capcom lost all of the coding or something lame like that and that's why it never came out because they would have had to redesign all of the games. How then, is WR available on the 3DS VC? I'm not a techie so I may be missing something...

The Mega Man Mania box art looked awesome too.

FYI on the MMV prices on Ebay, the cheapest is 47 bucks, but the Japanese version is 30. My GBA plays JP games, but I believe that's not the case for all GBA consoles. Tasuki, you should really consider MMIV also. Critics generally believe it's just a half step behind V.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

@StuffyStuff: Lol I do remember that and that brings up a good question. I believe that Capcom just didnt think it was going to be a good seller so they pulled the plug. Either that or I am thinking that putting all those games on one GBA cartridge was too hard due to the limited space. Oh well we will probably never know.

Yeah I checked the prices on Ebay I also have a few retro stores in my area might check the prices out there. Might look into MMIV as well. I can use some more portable games lol.

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

I got MMIV for 8 bucks :- P but I'm a lucky second-hand purchaser. Check out some youtube videos, see if it's a game you may be interested in. You should also check out MMII and see how different it is from the other games, like entering gates and the invincibility mechanics when you get hit. It's pretty funny.

StuffyStuff

Kingbuilder

I've lost so much respect for Capcom in this year alone and this isn't helping their case at all.

Untitled

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

cheetahman91

I think Capcom needs to stop using Twitter for a while.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Kingbuilder

@Waveboy

Not to mention their lack of plans to release any more Phoenix Wright games to the United States (which is the most upsetting to me) and the permanent save files on Mercenaries 3D. I just don't know what's been up with Capcom lately.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Sorry, this topic has been locked.