General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,570

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

561. Posted:

Yikes, Napahlm man's track really does suck, but the same thing could be said about most of the other generic 'spacey' high pitched tunes in MM5. It's a mediocre score for sure.....However i kind of like Gyro, maybe Wave's, Star(especially), Concrete and charge man's tracks, they're just not classic worthy imo or reach the awesomeness of MM2 and MM9's soundtrack. 5's score completely lacks diversity and variety, a lot of it sounds the same with it's high pitched melow beats. Hell most of the music sounds fitting for a space themed stage.

Napahlms track in NO way sounds fitting for a jungle stage....
Wood man's however nailed it out of the freakin' ball park....Concrete's was pretty solid as well.

Sounds like somebodies about to take off in a Space Shuttle, the rest just sounds spacey.

Freaking awesome! It totaly capture's that hard hitting wilderness jungle-like vibe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

562. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

5 definitly felt the most intune with 2 out of the 6 nes titles even though that's kind of stretching things a bit. Anyways, I'm dieeeeinggggg for MM5 to get a release date announcement already.

WaveBoy wrote:

Yikes, Napahlm man's track really does suck, but the same thing could be said about most of the other generic 'spacey' high pitched tunes in MM5. It's a mediocre score for sure..... 5's score completely lacks diversity and variety, a lot of it sounds the same with it's high pitched melow beats. Hell most of the music sounds fitting for a space themed stage.

Napahlms track in NO way sounds fitting for a jungle stage....
Wood man's however nailed it out of the freakin' ball park....Concrete's was pretty solid as well.

Sounds like somebodies about to take off in a Space Shuttle, the rest just sounds spacey.

Are these 2 completely different people or something? One of them is praising MM5 and claiming how in tune it is, while stating how much they want it released for the VC whereas the other is bashing it to oblivion calling it's music score spacey and saying it's not 'classic' enough for their standards.

If you're going to attempt to portray your opinion at least try to do it in the least contradictory way possible and try not to bash other's opinions while you're doing it... kthxbai

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

563. Posted:

When I said more 'in tune' with MM2, i wasn't refering to the music dude, but the overall up beat fun vibe regarding the colorful and organic stages, hence Gyro man's sky stage, Napahlm Man's jungle stage and Wave's...er Wave resort thingy? I enjoyed MM5 more than 4 and even 3 growing up, but the soundtrack imo isn't exactly up to MM standards. Is that even a big suprise to you? MM5 isn't exactly praised for it's music, it's actually considered to have the worst of the NES MM games.....While i somewhat disagree, i feel that 6 is the weakest overall.

However 5's ranges from mediocre to decent if you ask me, but since when did the videogames score make the game automatically crappy? it's just one piece of the puzzle that obviously matters alot, but that aside MM5 was still my favorite Nes sequal growing up and i can't wait to revisit it on the VC....It's been too long B-)

MM 2, 9 and 5 are my favorites in the Nes franchise.
3, 1 and 10 are middle ground for me.
While 4 imo is thee worst. yet I've never had the chance to play 6 so I can't say.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

564. Posted:

I agree with WaveBoy about Mega Man 5 having a weak soundtrack. There are some tunes that are somewhat hard to remember and they sound very similar, such as these:

(And WaveBoy, I can't help but think that you were confusing Concrete Man with Stone Man in your previous posts)

They all seem to use the same chiptune sound as the main instrument, and they don't really seem to fit with their stage (except maybe Charge Man's, but not much). Naplam Man and Gyro Man are also guilty of having similar sounding themes when compared with the others, but Gyro's fits with his stage more than Napalm's does. Even the Complete Works remixes of the songs don't seem to sound very different, and, for the most part, share the same blandness as the 8-bit tunes. Most of the music from Mega Man 5 also seems to be very slow in speed, and is therefore not as fun to listen to as the speedier, more catchy songs from Mega Man 2. The music in 5 just seems like background noise that is there because there has to be music in the stages, and I tend to focus on the game a lot more than the music. Mega Man 6 on the other hand, has a diverse soundtrack with very appropriate sounding tunes for the stages. It almost feels like Mega Man 2 in a way, which also has very appropriate themes for it's stages.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

565. Posted:

I was always a fan of Charge Man's song. Actually, I think I liked his stage in general.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

566. Posted:

Yeah, Charge Man's song isn't too bad, but like I said, it sounds too much like the other songs. It is one of the more appropriate themes in terms of its sound in relation to the stage, but not by a lot.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

567. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

X is a great game, Kingbuilder. It flows so much differently than the NES games. There's no stiff transitioning from one section of the level to the next. The levels are huge as well. The Storm Eagle and Launch Octopus stages are good examples of how massive X is compared to MM. Super Mario World took what worked well on the NES and upgraded everything, and MMX does the same thing.

Just got it. Mind = Blown! This game is soooo good. The grittier, edgier, hipster-tastic view on the Mega Man franchise is right up my alley and makes me regret not having played it sooner. :

Also...

Best song and most eargasm-inducing song in the game imo.

Oh, and to everyone dissing on my opinions of MM5; you guys can gtfo. Why don't we drop the whole elitist perspective on the series since they are all pretty fantastic and have their own merits and faults respectively.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

irken004

568. Posted:

Untitled

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

569. Posted:

@Kingbuilder

No one's "dissing" your opinion, man. We just don't agree with you is all. No need to be so touchy, sheesh.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

570. Posted:

What do you Mega-Fans think about the other X games? I just got the original and I'm loving it so much. Just need to know some of the other great games in the series. :D

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

571. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

What do you Mega-Fans think about the other X games? I just got the original and I'm loving it so much. Just need to know some of the other great games in the series. :D

There are none. The first was the only truly great one. The rest range from good to horrible. Some people seem to think X2 was great, but I don't see how.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

572. Posted:

I've played the other SNES Megaman X games, but I still like the original best. The only non-SNES Megaman X game I've played was Megaman X4 for the Playstation, and...well...I loved it. n_n Although I still like the original best, and to this day I still play it over and over and love it each and every time.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

573. Posted:

I personally think X3 is great. I like all of the different mech armors and the bosses are pretty difficult. I haven't played X7 and X8 so I have nothing to say about them, but X6 is probably the worst one of the group. The level design is frustrating and the names of the bosses are beyond weird. I've played the game about five times and couldn't tell you any of the boss names. I think X6 is the game where there's a dung beetle for a boss.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

574. Posted:

So are you guys stoked about the news of the Gameboy Megaman series coming to the 3DS VC? Personally I never liked the GB versions except for Megaman V cause to me they just seemed like water down versions of the NES games. I might pick them up though just to say I have them once I get a 3DS after all it will be nice to say I have all the original series Megaman games. :D

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

575. Posted:

Ya I really liked the original X, the rest I didn't really care for.
X2 seemed solid but I got tired of it back in the day, while X4 on the other hand was pretty enjoyable. Yet I hated X5 and the oh so irritable, rushed piece of crap that was X6 especially. But eh, I'm just not a big fan of the X series, i like my MM 8-bit and in tune with MM2, and MM9.

MMZero was a damn fine game as well, will be playing Zero 2 later this month after Super Mario Galaxy 2. B-)
As for now, I'm playing MMX on the VC....I put 2 hours into it, but i decided to restart my game since i forgot to witch the dashing to R instead of it being automaticly set to A which just works terribly.....Pretty annoyed right now! :p

Also Storm Eagle has the best RM track thus far, but the stage itself isn't too hot......Pretty repetitive and completely lacks imagination for a Sky Based level. AIR Man is still king when it comes to sky based stages. And holy hell is Launch Octopus giving me trouble. But i find that the biggest problem with X is that once you get the X armor which reduces damage by 50% the game becomes a bit too easy....I found myself just jumping into situations with out thinking because i knew i could take the damage.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

576. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Also Storm Eagle has the best RM track thus far

Come at me, bro.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

577. Posted:

I'll come at you with this. It's best bro, it's best.

The sweet beat kicks in at 0:16

But yup! I just finished MMX Last night....4 hours straight....ugh, after the 2 hour mark my eyes went gooey, and i forced myself to finish it in one sitting. Never will i game for 4 hours again, and no more than 2 1/2. :p I don't know how people do it, mind you i never took a break. My eyes went into a goopy altered megafied state. B-)

Anyways, great game obviously. But be warned, don't try and get X's Armor early on in the game....As it makes the 8 robot masters ridiculousl easy to finish off with your buster, not to mention it makes the stages a pure breeze. Having that armor which reduces 50 percent damage makes you careless, makes the game easier, less intense and defeats the purpose of mastering patterns. My advice? Get it once you beat the 8 robot masters. I got it after beating 7, leaving me with Launch Octopus which imo is the hardest RM in the game. But I wish i would of gotten it after beating him, because with the armo the fight felt ridiculously easy and careless. X is just too strong with it....But It is needed when you hit up Sigma's stages. The bosses do more damage so be prepared.

But ya....what was the deal with X's helmot upgrade? I never even used it.....I saw a couple of rocks in one stage that were covering a heart upgrade, but you can just use your boomerang weapon to snatch it. lol So what's the point is what I'm saying?
Also, i never got that one heart in Sting Chameleions stage, you know that one in that wide pit where you have to make some crazy leap to get it which is impossible....How in the hell were you supposed to get that one!?

Anyways, again not a fan of the X series but the original is an exception. Brings back some crazy memories, but i still totaly prefer MM2 and MM9.

and what else.... Oh ya, I couldn't believe how much of a wuss Vile was once he was out of his War Machine. You'd think he'd put up a better fight. I mean he's pretty quick, but weak.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

578. Posted:

Oh and I'm really looking forward to X2, it just looks more colorful, weird and daring. I mean seriously? Wire Sponge? That's insane.lol :p

Also, which stages and Robot Masters are your favorite in MMX? Hands down, I'd have to go with Sting Camelian(totaly spelt that wrong) and his stage.

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

579. Posted:

Hey Waveboy, did you know you can cut off Launch Octopus' arms with 3 shots of the boomerang? And his weakness is the rolling shield, if that helps. Also:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/159550

I'd have to say my favorite boss is Storm Eagle, just because he's cool like that. And my favorite stage is Spark Mandrill's stage. I love the blackouts, the mini boss, and those enemies that zip at you in the darkness.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

580. Posted:

Wire Sponge is actually a pretty annoying boss.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~