General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,563

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

401. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

What makes the button swap bad is when you try jumping and holding down a charged shot. My thumb doesn't work properly.

Thats why I use my pointer and middle finger. ;P My middle finger holds down the mega buster and my pointer presses the jump.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

402. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

What makes the button swap bad is when you try jumping and holding down a charged shot. My thumb doesn't work properly.

Thats why I use my pointer and middle finger. ;P My middle finger holds down the mega buster and my pointer presses the jump.

That's pretty awkward with the Gamecube controller, though.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

403. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

That's pretty awkward with the Gamecube controller, though.

Hmmm maybe I am gifted or something ;p

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

404. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I wasn't too impressed with the three extra levels in MM10, but for a buck a piece it's a nice addition. I like having the extra weapons in the Endless Level. I agree with WaveBoy that Solar Man's song is the best in the game. One of the best in the series in my opinion. I know a lot of people miss the slide in 9 and 10 and at first I didn't really mind, but the slide adds an extra element to the gameplay I think will be necessary to keep things fresh. I think if they add the slide in the next game, the bosses should move faster. Nitro Man was the only one who's speed gets tricky and that's only in the hard mode. I'd like to see more alternate paths like in Commando and Pump Man's stages.

I definitly think they should throw in the Slide for MM11, it's about time after all. If anything, it makes fighting Bosses alot more fun, intense and adds more skill to the game. You at least get a taste of it in MM10 when playing as Proto man. And I gotta say, I had a much better time fighting the Bosses 'because' of the slide...Even though Proto Man is a total weakling. :p Yet playing the game as Bass makes you feel like you're cheating.lol

Anyways, I'm soooo extremely pissed off right now. I was on my last life against the 2nd time you're up against King, I had him down to one spec of life, and i was about to take my last shot but he quickly chopped me with his freakin' axe! ugh! I was sooo bloody close!

Now, I know I'll beat him the ext time I play the game since I've got a much bigger taste based on his patterns and move set...It's just the biggest problem is fighting that giant flying Robot in King's 2nd Stage. He's insanely tricky and frusturating....Ohhh how I hate him! :p I'm just going to stock up on extra lives at the shop, if King manages to kill me again, there's no way I'm starting back from the beginning of Stage 2 again and fighting that robo bastard again. Capcom makes you work alittle too hard with that Boss, he's killed me one too many times and it's because of those damn flying fists.

I'm calling it, the 2nd hardest MM game I've ever played....MM10 takes the number 1 spot.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

405. Posted:

Mwa ha, challenging indeed! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

406. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Mwa ha, challenging indeed! :o

Yep! But that's how I love my games! :p
And have you finished MM & Bass with Mega Man?
And I think I"m going to pass on beating the game with Bass.....I've just got too many games to play, and I honestly found the experience in MM10 boring playing as Bass, if it's even simular to the way he plays in this game. Then again, he's gotta double jump muhaha.

Edited on by theblackdragon

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

407. Posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I beat MM&B with each character once.

You really should play with Bass though, the game is so ridiculously awesome and broken to dash AND double jump, you can cover so much in just one jump! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

408. Posted:

I wish Bass had the double jump in MM10. I'm surprised to hear someone say 10 is the hardest game in the series. Usually that goes to 1 or 9.

@Tasuki - You are gifted if you can play with your index and middle fingers.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

409. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I wish Bass had the double jump in MM10. I'm surprised to hear someone say 10 is the hardest game in the series. Usually that goes to 1 or 9.

Lol. I actually picked that up from playing the Tekken games on the Playstation. For some reason I also found it easier to pull of the special moves using the index and middle fingers on my right hand rather than my thumbs. Its strange really since thats the only fighting game I did that with. From there I just transferred it to other games, although I do mostly use my thumbs except for the rare occasion like MM AC on the Gamecube.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

410. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I find 10 to actually be harder than 9, and the biggest reason for that is the Boss battles. In the beginning a few of them became down right irritating. Like Solar, Strike and Nitro for example, and they weren't as fun as MM9's. Even Wily's Castle in MM10 was more challenging in ways.

As for MM1...bluh, It's not THAT hard. The levels are pretty damn easy to skim through aside from Ice man's. The only trouble that game gives me now is Wily's Castle. But back in the day MM kicked my when I was 5 years old, I could never for the life of me get to Ice man. MM3 is another toughy....Well, when it comes to those Dr.Wily return stages....And having to fight those MM2 Androids was a huge pain in the , and it felt sloppy too.lol

As far as difficulty goes, for me at least.

MM10 > MM & Bass > MM9

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

411. Posted:

I never saw how Mega Man 9 was so difficult. Aside from a few rough spots here and there, it's really not that bad. Clever use of your weapons nerf the difficulty in most stages. Mega Man 3 and Mega Man 4 are much harder, let alone Mega Man 1.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

412. Posted:

What made 9 difficult for me was that I was expecting the difficulty. 5 and 6 are pretty tame so this kinda came out of nowhere. I think the bosses are fairly easy now, but Magma Man can be irritating. I do find the bosses more difficult in 10, especially Nitro Man. He's one of the hardest in the whole series to beat with the buster. I think this discussion shows why Mega Man is great. We all have different and strong opinions about each game, but we all agree the series is awesome.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

413. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I never saw how Mega Man 9 was so difficult. Aside from a few rough spots here and there, it's really not that bad. Clever use of your weapons nerf the difficulty in most stages. Mega Man 3 and Mega Man 4 are much harder, let alone Mega Man 1.

Mega Man 4 is harder than 9?! Wow. I mean, we all have our opinions, but this is evidence--as if we needed any more!--that there's never going to be any agreement. Mega Man 4 gets my vote for easiest Mega Man game, by quite a wide margin!

9 is tough as nails until you recognize certain patterns within the game, and acclimatize yourself to the nature of whatever bombardment you're running into next. And, yes, once you learn to manage your weapons effectively, most of the game becomes a breeze...but that's where Endless Mode comes in, and jacks the difficulty sky-high again.

Have I gushed enough about MM9's Endless Mode? Because I. Adore. MM9's Endless Mode.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

414. Posted:

@Chicken_Brutus: I agree with you MM4 is pretty easy. I think the two easiest are MM4 and MM2. MM3 was pretty easy too it just was long with the Doc Robot stages but just cause it was a longer game doesnt mean it was harder. But as you said Chicken there is never going to be an agreement to each their own in this matter.

Speaking of Megaman 4 one of favorite themes in the game its Toadman.

And heres the complete works version

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

415. Posted:

Chicken Brutus wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mega Man 4 is harder than 9?! Wow. I mean, we all have our opinions, but this is evidence--as if we needed any more!--that there's never going to be any agreement. Mega Man 4 gets my vote for easiest Mega Man game, by quite a wide margin!

9 is tough as nails until you recognize certain patterns within the game, and acclimatize yourself to the nature of whatever bombardment you're running into next. And, yes, once you learn to manage your weapons effectively, most of the game becomes a breeze...but that's where Endless Mode comes in, and jacks the difficulty sky-high again.

Have I gushed enough about MM9's Endless Mode? Because I. Adore. MM9's Endless Mode.

I dunno, I never had much trouble in Mega Man 9 asside from that one spot in every stage. I'll only die at the one spot, otherwise, it's pretty easy for a Mega Man game. Mega Man 4 is more consistant in its difficulty and relies more on frequent tricky jumps that take a lot of practice to get down. Mega Man 3 can be hard just because its cheap at times wih the enemy placements and a few weird patterns, otherwise it's pretty easy.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

416. Posted:

For me, MM4 had an average difficulty. Yet everybody autimaticly thinks of that panzy Toad Man and say it's the easiest in the series aside from MM2.lol As for MM3, those 4 Dr.Wily Return Stages and those troublesome MM2 Androids were pretty damn difficult, those levels used to kick my left and right. And those Androids, ugh! Then there's Needle Man, what a pain in the .

I still think MM10 has the edge over MM9 regarding difficulty, but it takes it to a more irritating level. I managed to beat the game on difficult, and OMG Wily's Stage 2 was ridicously insane! Those snowmen who throw their heads that shoot out bullets will wan't to make you hurl your controller through the TV screen. And I gotta give it to Capcom, because the enemy placement was devilishly brilliant.

And god, MM1 wasn't THAT hard. Dr.Wily's Castle gave me trouble, along with Ice man's stage along with the fight against that majar Fire Man. But the rest? breezy! Then again, my 5 year old self would be saying the complete opposite!

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

417. Posted:

The endless stage in MM9 is brutal. I've broken 100 screens twice. I consistently get triple digits on the MM10 endless stage. MM4 is probably the most balanced game as far as difficulty is concerned, but MM3 is by far the easiest for me. I rarely die and it's usually because of a cheap jump or those damn parachuters in Shadow Man's stages.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

418. Posted:

Honestly, the only stages in MM3 that I like Are Snake and Shadow Man's. And maybe I'd throw in Top and Spark man's. But what can easily kill the experience in MM3 is the annoying slowdown which plagues the game here and there.

Needle and Hard(especially) man are also candidates for the WORST robot design in MM history. And blue and orange is drenched in the Robot selection menu. :p Nice choice of bland colors Capcom, a least MM4 spiced it up afterwords.
And I tried giving MM & Bass a go yesterday night, but i was too tired. And I don't know how many times I've played Kings first 2 stages now, i can't get Kings stage's music out of my head.lol It's even blurring the line between my memories on the actual robot master stages.lol

And I'm calling it, the worst robot masters in the game go to Magic and Cold man. I wasn't crazy over Magic Man's stage either....Very annoying! He's also the trickiest Robot master to beat in the game based on my experience. Yet Dynamo, Burner and Pirate man are awesome! :p I wish Capcom would release a new toy line based on every character and robot master in the classic MM franchise.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

419. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

For me, MM4 had an average difficulty. Yet everybody autimaticly thinks of that panzy Toad Man and say it's the easiest in the series aside from MM2.lol As for MM3, those 4 Dr.Wily Return Stages and those troublesome MM2 Androids were pretty damn difficult, those levels used to kick my left and right. And those Androids, ugh! Then there's Needle Man, what a pain in the .

And god, MM1 wasn't THAT hard. Dr.Wily's Castle gave me trouble, along with Ice man's stage along with the fight against that majar Fire Man. But the rest? breezy! Then again, my 5 year old self would be saying the complete opposite!

Actually I never heard anyone say MM4 was easily just because of Toadman, in fact I think Brightman and Ringmans stage make up for Toadman. Just like any MM game the trick is knowing which order to take the robot masters on. I will say yeah each MM game has its moments, The footholders in Icemans stage, the freakin laser beams in Quickman's stage the paracutes in Shadowman's stage etc. but I wouldnt say that any of the MMs are overly difficult. It just takes patients and timing thats all.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

420. Posted:

Well one thing's for sure, none of the Mega Man games were as hard as Castlevania III: Dracula's curse....or better yet, Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom. Which all of course take patience and timing, but those 2 are much more punishing. Ninja Gaiden III kicked my from left to right, but I had the patience to actually finish it, and wow the final battle insanely intense! Castlevania III made me want to rip my hair out in spots, hardest castlevania game evAARRRR. :p