General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 421 to 440 of 1,477

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

421. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I wish Capcom would release a new toy line based on every character and robot master in the classic MM franchise.

I wish I could finish my collection of the original action figures. Snake Man goes for too much money. Last one I saw went for like 55 bucks. All I need are Snake Man and Proto Man

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

422. Posted:

Ahh, snake man. I'd love to have that figure. :p
But what I'd want the most would be Wood, Heat and Ice man.

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

423. Posted:

Ok, yikes! When I game I usually game for around 2 hours, or 3 at the most. But since progressing in MM & Bass is so god damn slow due to the game's tough as nails difficulty, I ended up playing it for 4 hours straight. :p

And I finally made it all the way up Dr. Wily's 2nd form. The problem is, making it up to that point is the challenge. Why? two words...BURNER MAN. And to extend the game, Capcom ditched the traditional 8-Robot Master Tube room, in favor of small level sections leading up one of the 8 robot masters. Dynamo, Magic and especially Burner are the only 3 that give me trouble here and there. And once I make it to Dr.Wily I'm always low on lives and health. And nope, I never bothered going to the shop to grab anything, because fo rme that feels like I'm cheating....It's the sissy and mega nooby way of playing :p It would just make things far less satisfying and no where near as intense.

But ahhh, I guess I'll try and finish it tomorrow. But the thing is I don't want to turn my DS off, because the game doesn't save at the 3rd Castle Stage, and there's no way I'm starting from the first and doing THAT all over again. So would it be ok to actually leave my DS Lite on with the top closed with the charger plugged in? I'm talking hours here. :p.But I'm worried if it might over heat or something, considering the DS Lite doesn't go into sleep mode if a GBA game is in it.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

424. Posted:

Nah, I'm sure it'd be fine to leave on....Nintendo systems are built to last! (Usually... :o )

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

425. Posted:

Ya it's fine, didn't heat up at all. I'm sure it would of been in self destruct mode by now if it were made by Sony.

Anyways, MM & Bass is just pissing me off to no end here. Wily's second form doesn't seem to have a weakness....And there's no way I can take him down with my pea Shooter with all of those projectiles he keeps firing at me, since his first form usually takes almost half my health down.

Oh MM & Bass, why do you have to be so difficult. I mean, I LOVE difficult and challenging games and I wouldn't have it any other way. But as far as MM difficulty goes, MM & Bass takes it alittle further than I'd like in certain spots, to the point where you die, die and die, while getting slightly better each time, perfecting patterns and learning different stragety's against the bosses ect ect. But not exactly in standard typical MM fashion. No MM & Bass is bloody frusturating in spots. Burner Man and Magic Man will have you screaming, and wait until you hit up Stage 2, the 2nd time you fight King's Robot is just irritating. He easily takes the number 1 spot for being the hardest Boss in MM history. :o Then again, I may change my tune once I face off against Wily in MM7.lol

Ugh! So, who here has beat it with Mega Man without going to the shop? :p
MegaStoneSmash? Anyone? :p hehe, and where is he by the way? He hasn't been posting in this thread for a while.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

426. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Ya it's fine, didn't heat up at all. I'm sure it would of been in self destruct mode by now if it were made by Sony.

Anyways, MM & Bass is just pissing me off to no end here. Wily's second form doesn't seem to have a weakness....And there's no way I can take him down with my pea Shooter with all of those projectiles he keeps firing at me, since his first form usually takes almost half my health down.

Oh MM & Bass, why do you have to be so difficult. I mean, I LOVE difficult and challenging games and I wouldn't have it any other way. But as far as MM difficulty goes, MM & Bass takes it alittle further than I'd like in certain spots, to the point where you die, die and die, while getting slightly better each time, perfecting patterns and learning different stragety's against the bosses ect ect.

Ugh! So, who here has beat it with Mega Man without going to the shop? :p
MegaStoneSmash? Anyone? :p hehe, and where is he by the way? He hasn't been posting in this thread for a while.

I have the game but its on a pile along with other games that I need to play lol. As for MegaStoneSmash I think hes been playing alot of Black Ops lately.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

427. Posted:

Well dig it up bud! :p
And yay me, I FINALLY beat Dr. Wily an hour or so ago! :D Damn did it feel good! I really enjoyed the ending as well, but the same goes for all of the cut scenes during the game. Especially when Proto man did his crazy super sonic blast against King during Stage 2. Easily some of the best stuff and dialogue of the franchise.

Anyways, I started a new game with Bass and played for around 30 minutes or so...And while he's different and obviously fun to play as, taking down bosses takes twice as long....or even longer due to his weaker shots, just as in MM10. But the double jump and dash jumping make up for it. Yet I doubt I'll try and beat the game as him, let alone collect those CD's. I doubt anyone on here would actually waste the time and try to collect all of them, it's just so not 'mega man' :p Nice feature, but It's just not for me....Although checking out the Robot Master Cards is purttty interesting.

Really though, beating the game once with Mega Man is enough for me. Tough as nails, easily the hardest MM of the franchise due to some of the crazy Boss battles. Yet the music is just alright, there are definitly a few solid tracks like Pirate, Tengue and King's Stage music along with King's Robot's theme, but most of it is just decent and kind of forgettable depending, and just doesn't match up with the amazing stuff as heard in MM2 and MM9. And It would of been much nicer to play this on the big screen since I"m not used to playing Mega Man on a portable, but the experience overall in my eyes is an 8/10. It's not exactly one of my favorite MM games and doesn't match up to the awesomeness that is MM2 and MM9, but it's a pretty solid sequal, and is one of the better classic MM games.

And finally, I didn't use ANY items from the Shop when completing the game either, so I'm kind of proud of that hehe. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

428. Posted:

Congratulations!!!!!

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

429. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Congratulations!!!!!

Thanks! No Autographs, please.lol
And god was the battle against King intense, one of the greatest MM battles period. :p

AuthorMessage

Dezner

430. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Yet I doubt I'll try and beat the game as him, let alone collect those CD's. I doubt anyone on here would actually waste the time and try to collect all of them, it's just so not 'mega man' :p

Too late! I wasted my time twice over years ago! It was fun! :D

Glad to see you at least tried Bass out. If I could Jedi mind trick you to beat the game with him and get all the CD's, I would. :o

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

431. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Yet I doubt I'll try and beat the game as him, let alone collect those CD's. I doubt anyone on here would actually waste the time and try to collect all of them, it's just so not 'mega man' :p

Too late! I wasted my time twice over years ago! It was fun! :D
Glad to see you at least tried Bass out. If I could Jedi mind trick you to beat the game with him and get all the CD's, I would. :o

Not happening my man! :p
I've got too many games to play hehe. But I will say, Bass is more fun to play in MM & Bass than he was in MM10, and that's because of the double jump he has in this game. yet I'm not too crazy over the double d-pad tap to perform his dash. Capcom should of used the R Shoulder button instead.

But hmmm, should I beat the game with Bass? Hmmm...I'm mildy tempted, but I kind of ruined it for myself by going online and checking out Bass's ending and cutscenes. :p It definitly seems easier because the double jump he has, and i know all of the Boss's weakness muhaha...But at the same time, I'm sick of the game. Why? Because I've constantly died and DIED too many times, to the point where I have most of the stages music and bosses embedded in my head.lol No....More....lol Playing as Mega Man was enough. But somehow I feel like the experience is incomplete....Maybe I should finish it as Bass and try and collect the CD's.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Dezner

432. Posted:

waves hand Yes, you shall...

But yeah, Bass' dashing in the SFC version was great since it was like X's dashing with the A button. But, since I was more used to double-tapping with X, when the GBA version of MM&B came around I was used to double-tapping for the most part. Bass not being able to charge was probably the big reason, really. (I'm Pro-Charge, Pro-Slide if you can't tell! :p )

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

433. Posted:

Ya i hear what you're saying. I'm prettty used to the double tapping now and it works fantastic, yet I'd still prefer pressing the R Shoulder button instead. On another note, screw MM & Bass! :p I can't for the life of me beat the final match against King with Bass....So I'm done!

Besides, for me it's all about finishing the game with Mega Man. Hell, finishing MM10 with Proto man and Bass just didn't feel right, it didn't feel like I was playing it the way it was intended to be played, nor was it as fun.

So blah! I can say that I've finished the game, because I have with Mega Man. Bass was just filler!....er, right? :p hehe.
Anyways, I've gotta date with Kirby Super Star Ultra! :) Which is going to feel like a walk in the park compared to what I just played haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

434. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Bass was just filler!....er, right? :p hehe.

Since the entire game seemed to be built around his limitations, I'd say no.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

435. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I was kidding. :p
Still I found the experience much more enjoyable and intense with Mega Man.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

436. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I was kidding. :p
Still I found the experience much more enjoyable and intense with Mega Man.

I knew that, but commented anyways because I was too tired to control my impulses.:P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

437. Posted:

What are the most screens you got through on the endless levels in both 9 and 10? In 9, I got 101 once but I usually struggle to get to 40 if I'm lucky. In 10, I've got 230-something once. I usually break the 100 screen mark every time.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

438. Posted:

Honestly, I played 15 minutes of endless mode and stopped. If anything, I ended up playing the Time Mode for kicks to see if I could make it in the rankings. really though, the highest scores are completely whack. Somebody HAD to of been using some sort of cheat hack. :p

And where would you guys Rank MM & Bass in the Classic MM franchise? I'd have to nail it in the middle. Pretty decent and definitly intense, and kind of solid overall. Yet boardering into frustration at times(Boss 2 in King's 2nd stage for example), the music isn't the greatest aside from a couple of gems, and it's definitly the hardest MM game around. Yet I was listening to the SNES versions music and it just doesn't sound as good as the GBA versions. But there's no doubt it would of been alot better to play this on the big screen.

Now I just need to play 5,6 and 7.....And I don't wait to spend all of that money buying the actual cartidges if I end up not liking them...So I guess it's going to be a long and painful wait on the Virtual Console! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

439. Posted:

I'd rank the Classics like this:

Mega Man 2
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 6
Mega Man & Bass
Mega Man 1 (Nostalgia makes me want to rate it higher, but it wouldn't be just)
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 8

So MM & Bass is right in the middle. It has its good points, it has its bad, and they even out enough to make it a middling experience in the series.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

440. Posted:

2 and 9 are indeed the greatest, nice taste bud! :p Even though it's been a long crazy time since I've played 5 and 6, let alone I never finished them or have even played 7 yet, I'll throw down my list for the rest of the games in the classic franchise.

Mega Man 2
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 3
Mega Man - (Nostalgia plays a big part in this, the boss selection screen music alone sends me wayyy back. :) )
Mega Man & Bass
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 8

MM3 is a tricky one for me to rate....I think it offers some of the best level design and music of the series. the 4 Dr.Wily Return stages were a blast, and who doesn't love Snake man? :p Yet I didn't quite like the darker tone of the game compared to the brighter, cheery, more colorful and upbeat MM2..And most of the Robot masters...were just, meh. Hard man is easily one of the worst(if not thee') robot master designs in Mega Man history, and I HATE Needle man along with this awful, ugly and incredilby boring bland stage. And don't even get me started on the slow down haha. Still though, it is one of the best in the series, but at the same time it's a dissapointment after playing MM2.

And I explained earlier Why I'm just not a big fan of MM8...The music and voice overs almost destory the experience. Astro man sounds like a cross between a hair dressor and Mr.Slave from South Park which makes me laugh everytime, And I won't bother mentioning Mega Man and Dr.Light since that would be like beating a dead horse. The music has this weird cheesy japanese ambience to it and in no way does it sound Mega Man. Instead it makes me wan't to drop acid, do cartwheels in a garden and slowly drift off to sleep while munching on Cotton Candy while staring at the clouds. lol

The majority of it is just awful and it doesn't pump you up whatsoever, it doesn't say "Come on Mega Man, we gotta finish this and kick Dr,Wily's " instead it makes you wan't to fall asleep. I still remember it being enjoyable...But the sound track ruined it for me.

MM4 is another one of my least favorites....I mean it's decent, but it just felt so stale....I remember being a kid and not really even getting into it, I just didn't really care for it. Yet I went ga ga over MM2 and even MM3 to some degree. And I find the music in MM4 to be very tingy for the most part, Dive man and Dr.Cossacks stage 2(I think that's what it was) were pretty good but the rest was pretty weak.

MM10 is another example of great level design, but it just wasn't on the same level as MM9....Dissapointing and no where near as fun. I remember the first time I played it I was kind of let down, and the bosses were irritating at first. It also carries a more serious, darker and less colorful tone and look like MM3 did. The sound track was easily one of the weakest out of the MM games, and Dr.Wily's Castle paled in comparisons to MM9's. The best thing to come out of MM10, was Solar Man's amazing track. :P and the awesomeness of sheep man...Although nowhere near as cool as Splash Woman, and Pump man just looks ridiuclous, in an awesome ridiculous kind of way.lol

And the text just keeps coming haha. And as for MM5, I have some fond memories of playing it with my best friend when it was released back in the day, and I really liked that one, even more so than MM3. As for 6, all i remember was hating the uncreative and lame robot masters, the music and ugly stage design.

Edited on by theblackdragon