Forums

Topic: Zelda General Discussion

Posts 181 to 186 of 186

blaisedinsd

Why is the SNES version called a Link to the Past?

The games plot doesn't have anything to do with time travel in a series that has lots of time travel. Title never made sense to me.

Of course after Zelda II my initial impression ALttP was that it was a poor imitator of the original with prettier graphics.....I preferred the precision of movement and swordplay of the original. I haven't completed the game since the 90's

SW-7087-5868-6390

Haru17

@blaisedinsd Because it's not like that game has much of a story anyway. The Japanese version is called "Triforce of the Gods," so it just seems we got a nonsensical translation.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Vinny

@blaisedinsd Because it's set before the two NES titles. The american boxart mentions the "predecessors of Link and Zelda".

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

blaisedinsd

Haru17 wrote:

@blaisedinsd Because it's not like that game has much of a story anyway. The Japanese version is called "Triforce of the Gods," so it just seems we got a nonsensical translation.

I remember when I played it the first time I kept waiting for time travel to come up or something to link the games to the original 2.

When it didn't I classified the game as a re imagining of the original done with better technology. I never put much thought in to the timeline after than as I never got the N64. I look at each game as simply a re imagining each time now rather than a timeline that fits together. Well I guess Ocarina and Majora fit together like the first 2 did as far as progressing a narrative.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Vinny

I recently started Wind Waker (GC version). I love the cell shading a e s t h e t i c s and the atmosphere.
The last Zelda game I've played was Majora's Mask, so the feeling of having all the time in the world to explore the game feels great.

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Yosheel

I like to assume the "a link to the past" refers to the backstory of the game and how Ganon comes back using the descendants of the sages.

So, the current events of the game are linked to the past. Unlike in the first two games, where Ganon is just a demon thief, or a sleeping princess needs your help.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic