General Discussion Forum

Topic: Zelda General Discussion

Showing 161 to 168 of 168

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

161. Posted:

It came with the issue of Twilight princess was first shown in.
Untitled

Man this takes me back, Twilight Princess was my game of the year and I owned or played all the games mentioned on the cover.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Tops

162. Posted:

Nice! Still have that issue too! Now I want to boot up TP but the Wii controls are awful lol

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

iKhan

163. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Nice! Still have that issue too! Now I want to boot up TP but the Wii controls are awful lol

I love TP's Wii controls. Simple, but they get the job done immersing you into the game.

Currently Playing: Okami, Paper Mario 2
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman Beyond, The Flash, Gotham, Star Wars: Rebels

AuthorMessage

Tops

164. Posted:

iKhan wrote:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

I love TP's Wii controls. Simple, but they get the job done immersing you into the game.

I tried playing TP again after Skyward Sword...and I couldn't. I'm always willing to give it another chance and will try to get back into it eventually, but I just really wish I had gotten the GC version instead. >.<

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

iKhan

165. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

iKhan wrote:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

I tried playing TP again after Skyward Sword...and I couldn't. I'm always willing to give it another chance and will try to get back into it eventually, but I just really wish I had gotten the GC version instead. >.<

I feel like SS has a very different combat system from TP, so switching between the two isn't that big an issue. TP's combat is much more action oriented, while SS's is mostly directionally oriented.

I just hope the next Zelda has a motion option. I tried playing WW after mostly going between TP and SS, and I almost fell asleep with the button combat. That's not to say buttons are always bad, but in a game with combat as simplistic as Zelda's, they aren't very engaging.

Currently Playing: Okami, Paper Mario 2
Currently Watching: Arrow, Batman Beyond, The Flash, Gotham, Star Wars: Rebels

AuthorMessage

Gioku

166. Posted:

I remembered that I had the original Legend of Zelda on 3DS Virtual Console that I got for free from Club Nintendo, so I am playing it today! ...I would be hopeless without a map of some sort though, so with the help of modern technology I am taking it on with this map here as my guide:
Untitled
...otherwise I wouldn't have made it past the first dungeon! D: ...and this will be all I use; I won't use any walkthroughs or anything. It's as close as I can get to having a map screen for this game! ^.^;

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

167. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

I remembered that I had the original Legend of Zelda on 3DS Virtual Console that I got for free from Club Nintendo, so I am playing it today! ...I would be hopeless without a map of some sort though, so with the help of modern technology I am taking it on with this map here as my guide:
Untitled
...otherwise I wouldn't have made it past the first dungeon! D: ...and this will be all I use; I won't use any walkthroughs or anything. It's as close as I can get to having a map screen for this game! ^.^;

Fun tidbit, but when I was little I played the first Legend of Zelda so much that the overworld is pretty much engraved in my brain, even to this day.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

Gioku

168. Posted:

@Dreamz ah, so you have the map screen just in your head! xD
But really, I'd have no idea what I was doing without a map, so I am very thankful... o.o ...but the dungeons are really fun, and I would never use a map or anything for those.

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku