Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 9,261 to 9,280 of 96,538

CanisWolfred

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Well that came out of nowhere.

'Overrated', like I said before, basically means "[this thing] isn't as good as people think it is". We aren't talking about one show being better than another.

And you can't say "This show isn't as good as you think it is" unless you think something else is better. Otherwise, what's the point of saying "it's not that good?" Obviously you'd have to have an alternative in mind.

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Back on-topic: I'll admit I was wrong to say there wasn't any subjectivity to it, but there is, at the very least, some objectivity to it since it's "[this thing] isn't as good as people think it is", and not "I personally believe that people like [this thing] too much".

That's splitting hairs. Those sentences are the same and have the same meaning.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi

Ok, good news/bad news time.

Bad news first: My external hard drive broke today. The connection allowing the data to transfer from the hard disk to USB was shot and after close inspection, I deemed it unrepairable.

Good news: An external hard drive is still a hard drive, and the hard drive itself was salvageable. So while I may be out of an external, I will be saving the hard drive for when I get a Mac Pro and install it alongside the two other drives I will have (solid state, of course) and use it to back up my data. I don't really need a solid state drive to use for backups only, and it is 500 GB in size.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

SheldonRandoms

What's happening now? Something about being overrated? All and all, You may think something is overrated, but that's your opinion, not a fact, cause somebody might like that thing or whatever you find to be overrated. That doesn't mean the person might hate then thing, but perhaps the person just doesn't care for the thing (in this case, the middle,center, even numbers, instead of the ends, not the middle, and odd numbers), and probably doesn't really have much to say about it. Another reason could be that's it's not their cup of tea in general (however, I think tea is eh, so orange soda for me). Some of my sisters don't like the AVGN, and kinda find him to be a bit overrated, while me and one of my sisters adore the series and stuff, but that's alright, because we are all still family, and don't hate each other, because the person has an interest that the other finds to be "leg breaking, for real".

Now somebody's going to find flaws in my essay, but whatever, cause those spelling errors prove that i'm 65, which is a D, and that's good enough for me

As for my day today, just went to work, and again, this one coworker........Those negative actions of him just can't get to me at all XD

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SomeBitTripFan

@Gioku: It's tough being told something you enjoy is overrated. They're explicitly stating that you, among many others, are giving too much praise to something, but note, overrated only means that something is given too much praise, not that it's bad. I think Ocarina of Time is overrated, but I don't think it's a bad game at all. For something to get praise among a group of people, it has to be doing something right. There are far more people praising the things a handful of others are calling overrated. Just enjoy what you want.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Pazzo-TheFool

Veloster wrote:

Anyone else notice this? I certainly didn't:
Untitled

I did. XD The first time I ever saw them, I was like: Oh hey! Uno, dos, tres!

@Gioku

If it helps, I know how you feel. I know a lot of people on the internet that hate Phineas and Ferb (one of my fav. cartoons). They call it overrated, say they can't wait until it's over, all that stuff. But at the end of the day, whenever I watch it, I still laugh and enjoy it. People can't change what you think, you have to willingly allow those opinions into you're thinking.

Edited on by Pazzo-TheFool

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Socar

Why am I always worried? I can't get myself in good condition. I'm always worried what would happen if anything bad happens to my 3DS even though nothing has happened, How I can start a job at this point, how my life is going to be once college life is over and how I'll ever work for Nintendo.

Why am I always worrying or having that feel that I have to worry about? I try to calm myself and not keep checking my 3DS frequently but I'm forced to do it so that I'm confident that Its still working fine.

Man if only I can go to U.S, atleast most of my problems will be solved.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Yeah, thanks for all that guys, but it's mostly just that there are certain users around here that have just really been grating on me lately, and I'm getting tired of it. :/

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

DiscoDriver43

am i grating you? If so i apologize.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Veloster

Gioku wrote:

Yeah, thanks for all that guys, but it's mostly just that there are certain users around here that have just really been grating on me lately, and I'm getting tired of it. :/

Am I one of those people?

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

DiscoDriver43

oh thank you. oh and you changed your avatar back from rarity. Shame you didn't comment on the avatar thread

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Pazzo-TheFool

Veloster wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Heh. The avatar kinda fits my mood right now... :/

So you have a butterfly In yoir hair you can't get rid of? That would get me down too....

I had a bee in my hair once. It wanted my hair gel. :/

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

SheldonRandoms

So many bugs got lost in the jungle known as my curly hair.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

is it me? oh and sorry for yesterday, should have said in this thread that I was leaving 'till today......

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

@Gioku sorry, yesterday I was busy "babysitting" my little cousin(seriously when he comes home I don't have even a second alone to rest, even though it's kinda fun)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic