Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,741 to 41,760 of 43,863

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I usually don’t share my beers until a second date. I don’t want you to think I’m a lush. I’ll admit, I was tempted to show you my buried beer stash after you gave me the flowers, but I just snuck off and had one alone while hiding behind Buck’s house.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx i wish i could have my own food truck on the island 😋
@bimmy-Lee makes sense. You don't want to show all your cards on the first go-round. The highlight for me was walking into your house when the star rod got crafted, and everyone just showing off different bugs and fish. If i peeked my head in the window of that house, I wouldve no doubt called the government about an Alien invasion

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee Haha. I was going to ask if left it on while you were sleeping. But I agree that the flaws are pretty well disguised.

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I still don’t know what the durn thing does. I’ll just pretend it makes people infected.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

If anyone sees my friend request for Animal Crossing, you'll all know that I've finally bought it...
Will probably take another month or so, depending on surplus budget or not, which is currently rather unsure.

@Heavyarms55 Well, I understand your concern, and I also share it, to a point, but what I meant to say with my earlier comment, if that wasn't clear enough already, is that those situations back then, mainly war-driven, lasted over 5 years, and then of course the recovery period after the wars, whereas now, we're talking mere months to maybe a year, so although the economy is hurt, and will hurt for some time to come, it'll be nowhere near the scale of back in those days. And still they recovered, so if you use that to put things in perspective, it may calm you down a bit.

And not to diminish your personal troubles or anything, because it royally sucks that any plans you made for the foreseeable future are out the door, but unfortunately, that's what you, and a lot of other people have to deal with. I try to look at what IS still possible, instead of at what's now ruined. Basically, looking forward instead of looking back or standing still. Move forward and life WILL find a way, whether that's to the left, to the right, or just straight on.

@bimmy-lee I've tried the demo of Ape Out and although I found it mildly amusing at first, it started to grate after a while, because I kept dying at the same point, no matter how hard I tried, so it's not for me. The ACA titles are great, but seeing as I don't really use the Switch as a handheld all that much, I don't need double copies of those, since I've got all Neo Geo games installed on my modded Wii.

And even if I do use my Switch in handheld mode, it's in-house, so I can have the TV on at the same time, for example during sports matches or talk shows. Right now, I'm somewhat invested into my latest little puzzle game that I bought on Switch, Back to Bed. If you or anyone else in your household is even remotely interested in puzzlers, then I can definitely recommend it. And the aesthetics are great, like a surrealistic painting, which is something that I can personally also appreciate.

On a side note: I can definitely relate on going all-in, even if it's a bad game you're playing. You've already bought it, and invested several hours into it, then you might as well finish it, right? I do the same with movies. At the end, I will be annoyed that it's ultimately a couple hours of my life wasted that I'll never get back, but I've never switched off, once I was in the middle of a movie. Of course, that could also mean that the movies I've seen so far, haven't really been bad enough...

@Tyranexx Well, as I said, it IS still on my list, and it'll definitely stay there, so at some point in the next couple of years, I'll find out for myself what the commotion with Color Splash is all about...

@Zuljaras You're welcome. I figured you might find that an interesting story, considering our conversation.

How's the Cyclops coming along?

@HobbitGamer Ha, I only now noticed that you also had to change your name for your NNID, much like I had to.
I had to remove an X and you had to remove a letter as well. Stupid Nintendo with their archaic 10 letter limit. Same goes for creating a name for your Animal Crossing island. That should be a free choice, not a forced one...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Unfortunately it is where I left it. These 3 days have been crazy at work even from home

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras No worries, man. It'll be finished whenever you get to it. No stress. There's more important things going on right now. I was just curious.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I will give name AntiMatter for my island once i get ACNH.
I cannot type Anti-Matter since it has 11 letters.
And for the player i will be myself, David. 😉

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - The fish bragging competition was hilarious. It was like real life. It got a little weird when Hobbit was changing clothes inside my house, but I just laid down and closed my eyes. Glad you didn’t walk in on that. I laughed every single time you guys dropped something on the ground because it looked like you were pooping them out every time. But NOT on a toilet because toilets are evil.

@NotTelevision - Haha! I probably have at least 60 hours on my BOTW file where I was asleep, and Link was just chilling on a mountain somewhere, waiting patiently. One time I woke up under Guardian attack. It was horrifying. I just ran. It was like a nightmare. BOTW released riiiight when I became old and tired enough to fall asleep gaming.

@ThanosReXXX - I rarely played handheld for the first year, but now it’s how I play 80% of the time. I was joking with NT about Vroom, but I do the same thing: if I buy a game, I’m playing that thing whether I like it or not. I might not finish it, but I have to get to a point where I feel it wasn’t a waste. With you on sticking with a movie as well, though I watch a lot of horror, and bad horror (that’s not bad in a good way) is soooo bad that I have a five minute rule with that genre. I’ve seen so many that I know from the opening credits and the first scene whether or not I’ll regret sitting through it. Unless my goal is to just fall asleep, then I leave it on.

Yep, Ape Out can be a bit frustrating, but I do enjoy finally figuring out the right route to freedom. The sound design in that game is so incredible that I can look past some of the gameplay flaws. I just love making bebop jazz as I shove humans out of high rise windows. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, so it’s like a dream simulator for me.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee haha yea, I think we were all a little slap happy. Once i build up my island I'll have you guys over. @NotTelevision is welcome too. I Just don't have enough laughable items yet to start conversations. I mean......i just finally got a ladder yesterday 😋. And my house is pretty plain Jane, although nice and neat. I'll spruce it up during lunch if i can in anticipation of a gathering

NintendoByNature

CurryPowderKeg79

Has anyone figured out what story to day is the Aprils fools joke. They already got me over at Push Square this morning. But i eventually figured it out after about 5 or 6 minutes. I can't figure out which NLife story is the Aprils fools joke though.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9 (SWITCH)(190+HRS)
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG (SWITCH)(9+HRS)
(JUST BEAT)
TRIALS OF MANA: REMAKE (SWITCH)(23+HRS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

CurryPowderKeg79

NintendoByNature wrote:

@CurryPowderKeg79 they all are!!! 😜

LOL

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9 (SWITCH)(190+HRS)
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG (SWITCH)(9+HRS)
(JUST BEAT)
TRIALS OF MANA: REMAKE (SWITCH)(23+HRS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Luckily, my AC island name worked out.
It’s bunny day, y’all! Gotta find them eggs on HobbitHole Isle!!

I’m struggling with the first full day of telework. I mean, I’ve gotten ALOT done in a shorter amount of time, but I just don’t feel like I’m being productive. Any tips?

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer HobbitHole, huh? Sounds like you've found a delightfully inventive way to bypass Nintendo's censorship ninjas to come up with a rather cheeky name...

As for tips: when you start your working day, or the night before it, make a to do list, or a goal list, for the day, or if you feel like you can realistically achieve it, make a list for the week, detailing what you're going to do, how much time you'll give yourself to do it in, and what you want to achieve at the end of each day.

You can completely tailor that method to your own needs/wants, and what's important for you and for the job, but that always works for me, anyway. And be sure to take plenty of breaks. Every hour, take 4 or 5 minutes away from your desk or other workplace. Unless you've got a dedicated space, with an actual desk and such, chances are you're sitting in an even less healthy fashion than at the office, which necessitates stretching the legs a bit more often.

Hope that helps in some ways...

Tyranexx

Welcome to April 1st, also known as April Fool's Day, where you believe almost no gaming articles found on the internet. XD

@Heavyarms55 Somehow, that wouldn't surprise me. I haven't even played Animal Crossing (yet), but even I know about that guy's notoriety. XD

@Zuljaras That line wasn't towards you specifically. I meant that in respect to the dead/their living family and any markers, trinkets, etc. for them. I've read where some catacombs have bars between the guests and the bodies to keep people from posing with them. Plus, cemetery vandalism is unfortunately pretty common here in some areas.

@bimmy-lee He's clearly AC's Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, and Bill Gates combined. Next he'll be funding CrossNet.

@NintendoByNature What would you have on your island's food truck? And I'm not just asking that because I'm gonna head to lunch soon. Not at all.

@ThanosReXXX It's one of those games where you either love it or hate it. But I am glad that you aren't giving it a pass just because half the internet hates it. If I always listened to the internet, I wouldn't have played the flawed, yet still fairly decent Metroid: Other M.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yep, my island name was pretty much my finger at Nintendo for a 10 char limit, haha.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out. I've done it a few times at the office when I had a busy time ahead, and I think this is pretty much the same. I'm fortunate enough to have a critical administrative position that's directly tied to revenue stream, but all the mess still takes a bit of my focus I'm thinking.
I have been really good about making sure I don't slouch, and getting up once in awhile. I've got my TV monitor to the side of my desk, so I can glance at the scenery outside too. I've set time to take lunch and eat it outside my office room.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic