Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,721 to 41,740 of 96,524

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX I’ve heard of Simon the Sorcerer, but I didn’t play it yet. Looks really fun though and one that I’d like. I’ve played a lot of adventure games through GoG over the years, because some of the remasters have included neat little features like developer commentary. I’ll give ScummVM a go though, since it looks like a well supported platform.

@bimmy-lee I’m on sometimes in the morning, but recently I’ve been sleeping in until about 10:30, so it depends. Next time I see you online, I’ll open up my gate or vice versa so we can connect that way.

NotTelevision

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee What about the barn scene in the 101 Dalmatians live action film? Would some of that material work?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee haha yea pretty much. I'm very easily swayed. And it Didn't say a delivery yet. Ill probabaly check on it tomorrow. I'm hoping for some sick cover art.

NintendoByNature

reporterdavid

@Tyranexx Allright. Good morning everyone. I hope everyone slept well today (or not... if you were at work).

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras "I have no Mouth and I must Cream"
Hm.... sounds like a very interesting title. I do have the one which ends in "scream", though, so I already know that game, and yes it's good.

@NintendoByNature Ah, yes. Games as a hobby is a constant exercise of having to reign yourself in. Kind of like a tug of war with yourself. There's SO many games I still want, but I already bought five this month, and I don't care if they were cheap or not, I just gotta put myself on notice, otherwise things could get outta hand...

As for your second post: erm... my condolences?
The flesh was weak again, huh? Just give your wallet to your wife already, and have her give you pocket money...

@Tyranexx Mondays fly by? You must live and work in another universe. I live in the Garfield one: I simply HATE Mondays. This Monday was just slightly more bearable, due to it being a second Easter day over here, but other than that, Mondays absolutely suck, far as I'm concerned.

@gcunit A top 5? I could easily make a top 20, but I'll meet you half way and do a top 10. (and I'll smuggle a bit here and there) So, here goes, and in no particular order:

• Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
  • Bonk's Adventure 1, 2 and 3 (I've put these together, because it's a series and they're all good)
  • Alien Crush/Devil's Crush (same as with Bonk's Adventure, they're two games in a series)
  • Neutopia I & II (ditto)
  • Blazing Lazers
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition - simply the best arcade conversion of the time
  • New Adventure Island
  • Lords of Thunder (CD version)
  • Dragon's Curse

Honorable mentions must go to: Bomberman '93, Shinobi, Ys I & II, R-Type, Bloody Wolf, Soldier Blade, Parasol Stars, Galaga '88, Gate of Thunder, Cadash and Legendary Axe I & II.

Yeah, I know. I kinda got carried away there, but I suppose it does paint the picture of there definitely being quite a few worthwhile games to play on the TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine...

@ogo79 We aim to please...

@NotTelevision I checked the ScummVM games list, and found out that four of the best games on their original list, including the two Simon the Sorceror games, are gone, so I've taken the liberty to look up another repository for you. Here you go:

By the way: you definitely also can't go wrong with Flight of the Amazon Queen, which can still be found on the official ScummVM games page. Be sure to get the "full talkie" version, so you'll get all the brilliant voice acting bits. Another great game is Beneath a Steel Sky, which is a point & click game with a more serious tone, in a sci-fi setting. Be sure to get the CD version, which is also on the ScummVM games page.

Oh, and if you have any questions, concerning the games or how to configure or use ScummVM, then you know where to find me...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter LOL! The stuff that happens before that is pretty funny, but the molasses bath is the cherry on top! Though she looks quite horrifying when she erupts out of the vat. XD Glenn Close did an amazing job in that movie.

@reporterdavid Good morning! I did indeed sleep well. Partially because it's so cool here today.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX That's the weird thing. I dislike Mondays in general as they herald the work week and a very annoying alarm. But they normally fly by as I'm more...I don't know...motivated maybe? Or else just playing catch-up from being off for the weekend. Usually my drag day is Tuesday or Wednesday.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I dislike Mondays, because it's the first work day of the week, so I have to get out of my weekend modus again, and Tuesday is just a regular day. Then comes Wednesday, which I believe is the "cut the week in half" day in just about every country in the world, except we all call it differently. Over here, they literally say that it "saws" the week in half, in your neck of the woods it's called hump day (which personally makes me think of something COMPLETELY different, which is more suitable for the weekends), and I'm pretty sure that there's dozens of other variations.

Thursday is the best day in my opinion, because it is the day before TGIF, so a quick day towards the day that opens up the weekend.

On a side note: be sure to let me know whenever you've tried out your first batch of Thanos Chili...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

I have 1 hour before getting sleep. 😪
Which handhelds should i play now ?
A. 3DS
B. NDS
C. Switch

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX lol. I really should. I get a little slap happy sometimes with the wallet, especially after a few beers.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature You're SO lucky I'm not living 'round your neck of the woods.
You'd be my bestest drinking buddy...

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature In all honesty, I wouldn't take too much advantage of it. I'm WAY too social and empathic to completely lean/depend on someone else's wallet, and I'd definitely interrupt your general call for rounds as well. In general, I'm actually a good friend, not a real freeloader...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I don't love Mondays by any means, they just have a habit of blowing by for me. I don't like getting out of my weekend modus either; I absolutely hate my alarm as it forces me to get up without properly "waking up" so to speak. The issue is I can't rely on my biological clock as much as I used to since it isn't always accurate these days, especially around the horrendous spring time change. X_X I'm not a morning person and doubt I ever will be even when I hit retirement age.

Tuesday generally seems to be my true drag day. Probably because I have less going on, and it isn't really touched by any off-days. I can't really explain it past that. Maybe its just how my particular line of work flows, too.

"Hump" day refers to the top of the camel's hump or hill and that the downhill trek towards the weekend starts on that day. I can understand what that term can spawn in the minds of those who are unfamiliar with it.

I'll let you know on the chili, though I suspect it'll be a little while yet. A couple of the ingredients can only be grabbed at my local Walmart. I'm trying to avoid that place like the plague right now as it seems WAY more foot traffic than my grocery store of choice.

...Though come to think of it, I do have a gift card for a more expensive grocery store I normally avoid. Might check out that place soon. At least for their sushi bar if nothing else.

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX That’s great thanks for the recommendations. I remember playing Beneath the Steel Sky a while back and really getting into it, but the rest I haven’t played yet. The Last Express was also a good one.

I Have No Mouth, Yet I Must Cream. Ohhh boy. That one doesn’t sound safe for work. The original game was already freaky enough.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX yea im much in the same way. Buy me 1 drink, no problem. And I would always return the favor plus 1. But never do I expect or hang around someone buying drinks. It's just not my style. I usually say thank you more than enough times to show my appreciation when someone gets me, or offers me something. It's just how i am.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Oh, no... the female biological clock. For a lot of men, that's just about the scariest, or at least one of the scariest topics out there...

But all kidding aside, I can relate to your feelings about the various days. I have felt differently about them, depending on whether I was working from home or in an office, so it's not like what I described earlier is set in stone, it's just more like the general sentiment with office workers over here.

And I already knew what hump day meant, it's just that it also sounds like...
You can thank all the modern day soul, funk and hip-hop artists for that, what with all their "colorful" and suggestive usage of the English language.

No worries about the feedback on the Chili. I'm just curious, that's all...
And I can definitely relate to staying away from certain places, under the current circumstances.

@NotTelevision You're welcome. Be sure to grab those games I linked to, while you can. You may never know when they're gone again, either from here or from the internet altogether...

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature With the amount of friends that we used to go out with at any one time, 2 rounds each was more than enough to fill the evening with. And then some...

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Is it the video Anti posted? If so, that will work! I haven’t seen the animated or live action Dalmatians. I did look it up and learned a few things. The live action movie was all the way back in ‘96, and it was produced by John Hughes! I wonder why there’s such a gap between Dalmatians and the more recent live adaptations, or have there been some that I don’t realize?

@NintendoByNature - That whole thought process reminds me of myself every time there’s a game on sale that I want. “I’m definitely not buying this right now... But why wouldn’t I buy it, I want it... I’m definitely buying this game right nooooow.” That whol process takes about 10 seconds.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic