Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,761 to 41,780 of 96,481

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thanks! Right back atcha. Other than Batman - The Telltale Series, I've managed to mostly behave lately. XD Though the SteamWorld sale ended sooner than I thought it would....

@Sunsy Thanks! I'm usually down for some tactical drama, building support between characters, and swearing at the AI when it lands a crit.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

Yes. I am a male.
Yes! I do plan on buying a new car in the next year for roughly X amount of dollars.
I've always wanted a: car with power, efficient gas mileage, space is important to me - car
Yes, I enjoy all of those fast food restaurants. Especially Chic-fil-A.
IGN - Rarely (because NL is where the news is at)(NVC is rad though)
Buying next gen console? - currently undecided
How important is backward compatibility when buying a new console - VERY IMPORTANT
How important is 8K compatibility when buying a new console - 8K!??
Are you cool? - I dunno. I do have an NL account and a super sweet avatar.
Roughly how many Premium Mobile Games did you buy? - What's a "premium mobile game"? I actually don't know.
What do you think of:
@ThanosRexxx - Fine. He's. He's fine. 😁
@Anti-Matter - DDR accident will give him super power to dance covid away, changing the world.
@Tyranexx - game spoiler (I'm kidding tyranexx, thanks for the zelda tip)
@HobbitGamer - hiding something (oh, i'm not kidding )
@heavyarm55 - HeavyarmSS was nicer (remember that guy? haha)
@NintendoByNature - nice (hiding something)
@ogo79 - i liked that femmy running guy gif
@Sunsy - nice, but Planning on hiding something
@Eel - Eelness Realness don't tag anybody He don't give a S.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I'm sure KONAMI will make the hardest DDR song ever on DDR A20 with title related with COVID-19. Probably the Expert difficulty will be level 19 and the Challenge difficulty will be level 20.

I cannot pass level 19 DDR song except Valkyrie Dimension on Challenge level 19 if i'm lucky enough to survive from the insane bunch of arrows on 480 BPM section. 😩

Anti-Matter

MsJubilee

Eel wrote:

Tagging in replies is overrated.

Tagging addictions are no joking matter.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

bimmy-lee

Man, between parenting, teaching, domestic work, and my basement project; I’ve had little to no time or energy for gaming or posting here. It’s somehow now routinely 11:00 pm or later before my work and prep is done and I have an hour to 1.5 for whatever free time I have the drive and energy to undertake. My wife is doing 10 hour days in our home office doing video visits with her patients, and there pretty much isn’t a moment during that time where I have more than a glancing minute to keep up here.

I miss chatting more regularly with everyone and being on the old routine where I knew there were certain moments in the day where I’d have the time to keep up here a little better. I’m grateful to have this kind of time with my family, but it’s a huge challenge to educate them like a teacher and not a dad, and to just eat well and try to have the same adventurous lifestyle we used to have. So basically, hope everyone is well, and I’m doing my best to keep up.

@Tyranexx - Enjoy your internet break. I hope you get some decent weather and a solar recharge.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx I think the scruffy look is a perfect representation of how many of us are feeling right now.
Social distancing is mentally killing empathic people like me. I can get by just fine on my own: I've been doing just that for the last decade or so, but at least you could go out the door without all kinds of unreal rules being put upon you. Oh, well. It'll pass, some day...

Enjoy your little internet hiatus. I think that we'll all be able to agree that this place won't be the same without you, but we'll manage to hold the fort until you're back.

@WoomyNNYes What the... ? Reader survey after-effects?

@bimmy-lee Ah, relax, and just stay safe. That's FAR more important than some perceived obligation to stick with an internet forum and keep on chatting like nothing's up in real life. I think it's safe to say that everybody here understands. You just keep doing you, and ultimately, we'll all get back to something that'll at least resemble something normal.

@HobbitGamer Ahoy there, owner of HobbitHole. The audience of a certain food item is in dire need of your input. Please visit this island and spread the wisdom...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Thanks man, though it’s less me feeling obligated and more just missing daily chatting here and how simple everything used to be. I can barely remember what I thought I was so busy doing before all this now that I run a laundromat and I’m a full time dad, janitor, chef, and teacher. It’s funny no matter how many times I’ve learned that things can change quickly, I’m still amazed how quickly things change when they change quickly.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea man, I feel for ya. We're going through the same over here. And I know exactly how you feel. Kinda hard for my wife to watch and teach 2 kids with the little one ( nearly 3) running around and not listening. It usually ends up doing school work after 4pm when I'm done working to sit down with the them. Then one of us starts cooking dinner, cleaning up, and it's 7 or 8 by that time. And i rarely have time to chat with you guys anymore. I know what you're saying though @thanosrexxx. There's more important things going on than an internet forum..its just nice to have some routine back in my life and you guys and gals are fun to regularly talk to. Hopefully back to normal again soon....

@bimmy-Lee fyi i emailed limited run games and I guess they stop taking orders 1 week after digital release (so 1st week of may) and you dont get your physical copy until appx 2 months afterwards. So you may very well be playing SoR4 before i do 😣. But I have some games to play in the meantime. Animal crossing still takes up an hour of my day( I mean that in a good way). And im nearly done with final fantasy 7. So I'll have a little gap in between this weekend and next. I guess I'll buy trials of mana day 1 since sor4 isn't coming to be in the next 2 week's. I can always fill in the gap with genesis classics, Double Dragon 3, and maybe cosmic star heroine I grabbed for 3 bucks in the sale. Either way, I will have some time to visit yours and hobbs island

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Cosmic Star Heroine will probably last you a few days, if you play it a lot, @NintendoByNature ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX Just felt silly to retell everyone some of the mundane or unexpected questions from the survey.... And then playfully make things up about as many people here as i could to be silly. It's just been such a boring month isolated. I had to bust out of my mental rut. Also, it's indirect way of saying hi to good forum people.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee @NintendoByNature Yeah, I hear you both. I didn't exactly mean obligated to post on a forum, but we all know, and bimmy expressed, that sense of falling behind if you don't visit regularly, for whatever reason, which creates this false sense of urgency. I remember once, a while back, during my exam fiasco, not having posted for a week or so, and then I found I had 8 notifications and I was about 5 to 6 pages behind in this very forum, so yeah, that's more what I was referring to.

But life goes as it goes, and it generally takes you where you need to go, so if you guys need to be replacement teachers and household keepers now, then that's what you gotta do. Just hop in every now and then, if only to let off some steam, and ultimately, you'll all be alright again, once the veil will be lifted at some point in the future, and I'm quite confident that it will.

Go, Chit-Chatters!

EDIT:
To lighten the mood a bit, I decided to add in this delightfully classic talking dog video:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Well, right back at 'cha, buddy!

BruceCM

I think that guy needs a visit from the RSPCA, @ThanosReXXX .... For cruelly telling his dog about the meat he'd eaten

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM I could go for a few day game 😋. Ff7 took a decent chunk of time for me. And as some of the people on here know about me, I don't like to play games that are 25+ hours, but i do make exceptions 😉

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee That’s a bummer man. I don’t have children yet, but it sounds like it’s quite a lot to handle all day. My brother with two daughters has been relaying messages saying similar things.

It’s quite strange because if you don’t have kids during this period, the opposite is the case. You just end up coming up with new ways to waste time.

But hang in there. Soon they will be older and able to make their own sandwiches and do their own daily chores around the house. So it’s alright. Maybe when they are teenagers you might sometimes miss when they younger as well.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Mission accomplished...

BruceCM

Didn't you get FFIX as well, @NintendoByNature .... Although it's probably a good idea to play something else between VII & that!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic