Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,601 to 41,620 of 96,598

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea it didn't do too bad in the ratings board. I just haven't played enough to give you my honest opinion.
@HobbitGamer I was a genesis kid so I played alot of the games on it. But phantasy slipped passed me. And my newly found love for turned based rpgs had me itching to try it. Altered beast was always my older brothers favorite. I thought it was cool, but sor was my ultimate genesis game

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I didn't crawl the forums here much after early yesterday afternoon. After I finished out my work day, I snuck outside for some fresh air, paid my monthly utilities since they were all in (online, of course), tried out a new baked chicken recipe for supper (note to self: use a higher temp next time), and did dishes and a full wipedown of my kitchen. I only got to Switch around for about an hour last night.

I've spent a good chunk of today with Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. I had the option to start the story from the time of decision thanks to the extra data stored on my system, but I decided to start over from the beginning. It's been roughly two years since I last played Conquest so I wanted to relive some of the earlier details and cut scenes again. I'm doing my internet rounds now before eating dinner and heading out to murder my lawn before it rains tomorrow.

@Sunsy I skipped the original Trolls movie as its premise didn't really grip me, but the new one looks like it'd be more interesting. If only because I wanna see how they handle various IRL songs in their universe. XD The trailer where they're playing The Sound of Silence and Crazy Train among other things is what piqued my interest.

The problem is, as mentioned above I won't be paying that much to rent a film digitally. If I were buying it and it was a film I knew I'd absolutely love, maybe. But there's a reason I normally wait for $5 Tuesdays here....

I missed out on the Sonic Movie. I really wanted to see it in theaters, but around the time I was gonna go is when my state issued its own stay-at-home order and all non-essential businesses closed. I like Sonic, though I'm not a big fan; I just wanted to see how decent a job Jim Carrey did as Robotnik.

@Heavyarms55 Yep, my OG 3DS is also red; I got it with the Super Mario 3D Land bundle. I wanted the OoT 3D bundle, but I was in college then and couldn't pony up the funds in time before it was sold out. It doesn't show prints as badly as my Wii U's glossy black exterior, but it still irritates me enough to want to wipe it down with a dry cloth on occasion when I've been using it frequently.

@ThanosReXXX Oh boy, I have my very own trademark now! Though I've seen the term elsewhere, so I don't believe I deserve full credit. XD

Zoom isn't the most secure. I suspect those who are in charge of it didn't expect for its popularity to boom as much as it has, but such are the strange times we're in.

@bimmy-lee The wrong Zoom meeting story is kinda funny, though I totally understand the poor dude's awkwardness. Hopefully it's something he can just laugh off. The Girl Scout troop view bombing? Definitely not. I find that disturbing and rude. You'd think more people would have common courtesy and NOT be nasty trolls these days, but they'll unfortunately always exist. Just because one CAN do something doesn't mean they SHOULD. long sigh

Our Zoom meetings have remained uninterrupted, thankfully. I even learned of a way that you can set up a video or fixed background behind you on the screen if one has an account. I've seen a couple of beach scenes already. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX Did you see what I did? I made my Switch username "HiThanos!", so when I opened a game, you'd see see a window on your screen say "HiThanos!". Pretty slick. Nintendo may hate us talking, but I showed them.

If anyone feels left out, don't feel too bad, I usually make an isnulting version of switch friend Usernames. Like my real life friend, friend "Mr.GUY:)", I make my username "Mr.BABY;)".

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

HobbitGamer

I can understand the new movie pricing to an extent. If you AND another person were going to a film, it’s more likely that $20 or so would be spent on two tickets and popcorn. In that regard, I’d imagine it’s a good deal for families.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, it wouldn't be a trademark that I'd be too proud of, so it's probably for the better that it isn't entirely yours...

I have now trademarked Thanos Chili, though. Here's hoping Marvel isn't going to slap me with a C&D...

@WoomyNNYes I haven't seen that yet. I've only seen your current, or in this case: previous user name.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

We might 'rent a movie' tonight ourselves. Not sure what yet. Trolls or sonic. I want sonic of course.

On a side note, i had a plan to have a bonfire tonight and have the kids make their own hot dogs on it and then follow it up with Smores. It's raining now so instead, were having our Easter dinner tonight. Ham, mashed potatoes, cornbread casserole.

Tomorrow, we'll have a quiet fun Easter by the fire.

NintendoByNature

LuigibrineTheGreat

Today I learned that the WiiU and Switch Pro Controller both use the exact same battery! And BOTH are USER REPLACEABLE!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Sunsy

@Tyranexx That's fine, the first movie does have its share of popular real life songs in it. I think only a few were original for the movie, one being Can't Stop The Feeling. That was made for the movie.

You're lucky to get $5 Tuesdays, the only theater by me would do the first showing for like $7. Usually, it's around $10 per ticket. I've been watching it multiple times, after rental period is up, I'm not gonna see it again until its DVD release, not gonna buy digital as digital is usually included with the physical release. Trolls World Tour is a definite buy from me since I loved it.

I saw the movie and I loved how it was 90's Jim Carrey. Fortunately, I got to see it in a theater day of release. I don't plan to watch it again until DVD release, I chose to use the one rental on Trolls as that I wanted to see for quite some time too.

@HobbitGamer That's actually what I was thinking. I usually go to the theater with someone, so the price of the tickets, popcorn, and drinks usually come out the same, if not a bit more.

@NintendoByNature Whichever one you pick to rent, enjoy it. Personal opinion, I thought both were good movies.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NintendoByNature

@Sunsy great thanks. We're Were not sure yet. Might even wait til tomorrow. Everyone's tired after the big dinner i made lol

NintendoByNature

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I don't think Marvel will have an issue as long as you aren't actively selling the recipe.

@Sunsy Most normal ticket prices at my local theater are normally 8.50 before tax, $2 more if there's a 3D showing. Besides $5 Tuesdays, all shows before noon are 4.50. Definitely a nice price, but one I can only take advantage of on Saturdays. XD It's a regional theater company; there are two others that I know of with the same owners. I also rarely buy food at the theater; I like popcorn, but I really shouldn't be eating a ton of it lol.

To be fair, the Sonic Movie was out roughly 3 weeks here already. The problem was I was busy on most Tuesdays up until the week where everything started going crazy and didn't want to pay the higher price on the other nights. I'll likely end up seeing it by other means at some point.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I'm afraid i will miss Peter the Rabbit 2 movie. 😕
I heard a lot of upcoming movies has been postponed to several months later.
I got information about Mulan 2020 live action will be on 24 July 2020.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I was obsessed with Altered Beast when I was a kid. The cabinets were so cool and loud. It was the number one reason I wanted a Genesis before I got one and played Sonic.

@ThanosReXXX - Oof, tough luck with the rumbling guts. Anything like that would be scary right now. I got out of breath hauling stuff around today and was paranoid for a while after. Glad it didn’t intensify. I went back and looked at the Sega collection review, and it doesn’t really read like I remember. For some reason, I had in mind the review was a bit negative. I certainly trust Damo when it comes to Sega. The last few comments are about the input lag, but I assume those are before the patch. I’ll have to give it some thought. I had previously decided to spend that money on the Ages games by M2, but the only must have release on Switch so far for me has been Virtua Racing.

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, SOR2 for me too. Played it endlessly. I was moving some stuff around today and saw the light gun for Lethal Enforcers. Had my trigger finger itching. Cannot wait for SOR4.

@Tyranexx - Oh yeah, the dad in the wrong family Zoom party was hilarious, but I hope the perv that terrorized the Girl Scouts leaves his apartment, falls down five flights of stairs uninterrupted, racks himself something fierce at the end before gathering himself from a heap off the floor and walks directly into a glass wall before finally making it outside where he immediately gets mugged. All while the whole thing is caught on security cameras and it somehow makes it to YT and gets millions of views.

@Sunsy - My wife and I rent occasionally. It’s cheaper than the theaters, and with two young kids; the chances are rare that we get the opportunity to go to the theater, and even more rare that we’d choose that when we do have the opportunity. We have come home from a night out and rented a movie though to finish off the night.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Sunsy

@NintendoByNature You're welcome.

@Tyranexx Nice, usually the local theaters are better. I went out of town twice to see a movie at a smaller theater, and the prices were better. Same, most I get is a drink, sometimes theaters bother my throat, so I like to have a drink on hand for that reason alone.

Understandable, hope you enjoy the movie when you get the chance to see it.

@Anti-Matter The movie I saw Trolls World Tour, actually stopped advertising a theater release. Instead of postponing, they just released it to video on demand services. Some studios are doing the home rental thing with movies since most are stuck at home.

@bimmy-lee I'd say it's the same with me. I usually save the theaters for movies I want to see most on the big screen. Otherwise, I usually watch on DVD or Netflix for movies.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee are you getting it on release day? Im Not sure yet..the whole time I planned on doing so, but trials of mana is a game I really want to play and it comes out the next day.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee That’s cool that you have still have your Justifier. The only light gun I still have is the NES Zapper. But I used to play Lethal Enforcers in the arcade. Point Blank was also a favorite and is still my dream arcade cabinet. One day, dang it...

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Haha, yeah. And at least it isn't as relevant in the MCU as shawarma...

@bimmy-lee Yeah, that's the only title I also bought, two days ago, actually. Seeing as I've already got the Sega Genesis Mini, I'm not really in any hurry to add any more Sega classics to my Switch.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Happy Easter everyone.
Quite late but i have drawn this picture.
Untitled
Alice & the Rabbit 😁

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic