Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,541 to 41,560 of 96,532

Heavyarms55

I gotta say, I don't miss the glossy material used for the Wii and Wii U. My Wii U gamepad looks forever filthy. And the console show every spec of dust...

I absolutely love my Switch and play it every day - but my Wii U still has the best collection of legal retro titles that I can play on a vaguely modern device. But goodness I wish Nintendo had brought VC to Switch...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Sure is the case with software, still doesn't ruin the fun as it doesn't happen often. Also, if Paladins crashes, usually starting it up takes you right back to the match you were in, which is handy.

@ThanosReXXX Honest opinion, I like physical games more. While I do play both physical and digital games, it's for the reasons of having the game on a disc or cartridge for me. Digital is convenient, on Mario day a few years back, I bought Super Mario 3D World digitally. I was snowed in and couldn't go out, wanted a new Mario game, and was able to buy it without leaving home. Plus digital only games do exist, and if I avoided digital, then I'd be missing out on games I wouldn't play if I stick with physical only.

Phyiscal is a lot nicer, getting the game on the cart, the packaging, sometimes special stuff. I have Shining Resonance Refrain, it came in a nice metal case. Tokyo Mirage Sessions had nice artwork on the inside of the case. Also, I like being able to own games in series I love.

I play both physical and digital games, but lean to physical for obvious reasons. As a PC gamer, it's pretty much all digital there. Though I prefer GOG on PC, mostly because the lack of DRM. I can buy a PC game, back it up to disc, and install and play without needing the internet (after the initial download of course). DRM-free PC games is the closest to physical digital games will ever get in my opinion.

@Anti-Matter Nice collection. I still play my Wii U, while I have a Switch, mine still gets used regularly. Have fun playing Amiibo Festival.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ogo79

come on reggie give us streets of rage 5!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

Coworker: A Nintendo Switch is worth 10 masks right now.

XD

Tyranexx

@Sunsy If it doesn't happen often, then it would be something I could live with. It's not often that I play a very buggy game, but there's a fine line between "Oh, it crashed last Tuesday" versus reloading an area of level because your character keeps repeatedly falling through the floor into oblivion....

@Heavyarms55 How many masks is a copy of Ring Fit Adventure worth?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Presumably one Switch, so also 10 masks.

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter @Tyranexx @NintendoByNature Thanks for taking the time to read, people. And thanks for confirming that I'm not completely crazy...

@Tyranexx Thanos Chili, huh? That definitely made my face split into a big grin. You could have also named it Dutch chili, might raise less suspicions, and easier to explain...

Then again: I'm only half-Dutch, so I wouldn't even know what to call my chili recipe. I simply call it what it is: Chili con carne.

@Sunsy Thanks for the reply, and completely agreed, but what I actually meant was giving a verdict on whether or not my comment was aggressive, like the individual I was replying to claimed.

HobbitGamer wrote:

Treated myself to Sega Genesis Classics for $12 because I’m worth it.

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I gotta say, I don't miss the glossy material used for the Wii and Wii U. My Wii U gamepad looks forever filthy.

@Heavyarms55 Reallly? What the heck did you do to your Wii U, then? Both my Wii and shiny black Wii U still look almost as good as the day I bought them, Wii U GamePad included.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX I held the gamepad in my hands. And have the console on the table. The slightest bit of sweat on my hands smudges it. And everything gets dusty. There's no damage on either of them. I can clean them just fine.

They just don't stay clean. It's like nothing else I own. I can glare at it, and it gets dirty. That glossy material attracts dirt!

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Ah, okay. I misunderstood, then. I thought you meant to say it was scratched or something.
So completely agreed, in that case. Having to always wipe it off every time you lay a finger on it is annoying, so non-shiny materials are definitely better, in that regard.

BUT... as you may already know, the non-shiny material is more susceptible to retaining dirt, because of it's uneven surface, so you may not SEE any dirt or grime, but it's definitely on there, so you still need to clean your controllers and so on, every now and then.

If I remember correctly, @Tyranexx had a nice label for part of the dirt that you can find on controllers...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Geez...
Peoples keep debating about Free speech and Anti China dictatorism from article about political issue from Animal Crossing New Horizons. 😒
I was dragged by some users just because they disagree to forbid free speech.
Free Speech, total freedom if without control will lead to chaos. Rather than make a chaos, think first before speak. Your mouth is your tiger.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter You was one of the first posters there. When you post you are open for discussion. If you did not post there and someone tag you then that is dragging. Understand?

Also why was your post removed? It was above mine and it was not insulting or anything. Or you removed it yourself?

Or it got too many reports

ThanosReXXX

"Your mouth is your tiger"

Ah... the memories...

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Madman killing the vid references this morning 😂

@Anti-Matter I agree with Zuls, you entered into a dialogue. There’s also tragic irony in the idea that freedom of speech shouldn’t be discussed openly.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

Let’s not move the political discussion here plz.

Also I do not think his posts were removed by one person. They probably got hidden due to collective thumbs downs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGammer Glad you approve. And you're worth it...

@Eel Is that actually a thing now, comments getting auto-hidden at a certain point?
I didn't even know that. Would make more sense to at least add a notification, then. You see that on plenty of other sites that use the same kinds of measures. It'll literally say "comment hidden due to <insert reason>" or a clickable option to "unhide" the comment.

Eel

As far as I know, the owner of the comment can still see it just fine. It's just hidden from view for others until an admin reviews it. Then that person decides what to do with it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I just said "When someone misused the game for political issue propaganda... " after i read the article about a gamer displayed a propaganda campaign from his design on Animal Crossing New Horizons. It was not right to use political propaganda from video games but suddenly someone disagree with my comment because they thought it was like i forbid him (the gamer on the article) to express his speech. Someone else started the debates, not me.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Eel I'd say that only the commenter himself still being able to see it kind of emphasizes my point. For us it leaves a weird gap in the conversation, and we'll be seeing people answering/reacting to a comment that isn't there anymore, which is one of the main reasons I also don't use the ignore feature, so some sort of notification like I mentioned, might at least be a good alternative for that.

However, I know you're not one of the people responsible for that, so I'll just tag @antdickens in hopes of him perhaps considering the option that I mentioned in comment #42,105...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic