Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,541 to 41,560 of 41,859

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Erm... no? What game are you missing?
There will always be some title not mentioned or people wanting stuff that's realistically not going to be released/featured, but that's more on the people themselves, than on Nintendo. Some people will probably never be satisfied. But what I meant was certain people in general constantly demanding/expecting a Direct, and now we had one, so regardless of what was shown or not, they essentially got their wish, so they should now shut up, at least for a couple of months...

Personally, I thought it was filled with nice surprises and some cool games, so it was a good one for me.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX No. The games I really wanted are in the direct! But all of them are with huge downloads

We are talking 8gb cartridge with 40GB download for Borderlands. And worst of all Bioshock only has the opening acts of the games on the cart. The rest is download.

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Yeah, I just read that article, and subsequently posted a fiery rant, directed at 2K...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NotTelevision

That Action 51 pack made me wish more Switch games used voice chat 😂. I want to hear some shuffleboard and mahjong trash talk.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

Wow, finally, spring weather in my parts. It was in the low 60s earlier with blasting sunshine. The clouds are just starting to roll in now for an early evening rain, but we got a huge walk in the park earlier. We made our second visit to a new spot we call Secret Stone Beach. It’s a hidden stone beach next to a trickling river. It’s pretty nice. We saw lots of cardinals and blue birds today too.

@NotTelevision - Those big citrus IPAs and radlers are perfect when spring hits, and they stay that way all summer. I can’t wait to sip one outside. I’ve been on a light beer kick since February, but the spring weather today has me thirsting for something citrusy with body. If you see Wilton Roots around the comments, give him a clink. He got me started on Brewdog beers. Cheers friend!

@ThanosReXXX - I have a theory about the mini Direct... just joking. I don’t. I haven’t seen it yet, but it’s crap.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee How so, or are you joking?

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee Yeah for real. Enjoy your online party later.

@ThanosReXXX Yeah it was fine for an unannounced direct. There’s a lot of year left too and the world is in an extraordinarily circumstance right now.

I think this is the year Nintendo throws Metroid fans a bone (trilogy or 2D game), it just wasn’t today.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I was just messing around. I haven’t seen it yet, and really haven’t caught up on the main page about what was shown. I hope to sit down with it tonight and watch studiously while I drink a beer. That Sega timeline gets so weird from 2000 forward. I don’t understand diving into those giant, multiplayer arcade football and horse racing sims riiiiight when the arcade scene pretty much everywhere but Japan was folding because machines were getting too big and expensive for arcade owners.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Ah, okay. Guess my radar is a bit off since all this misery is going on, so I actually wasn't sure.
If I may give you a tip: skip the articles and watch the Direct first. There's too many spoilers in the articles, as per usual...

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision It'll come whenever it's ready, so I'm never expecting any in-between Direct to feature such a big title. If it is going to be shown at all, then it'll probably be a teaser in the replacement-E3 Direct, that'll come in June.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55

Wow, I clearly ticked a lot of people off by having a negative opinion about Digital Foundry. lol I'm not even going to bother reading all the comments of people throwing a fit about my opinion in that thread. I stand by my opinion that DF goes over everything with a fine tooth comb looking for anything they can to criticize. And that's fine, but I don't have to like that attitude or what they do. It never ceases to impress me just how angry people get if you share an unpopular opinion sometimes. You'd think I'd be used to it by now.

@ThanosReXXX It it totally still cheaper but you do have to consider that the PCs can do more. When you factor in a non-gaming PC alongside a 500 dollar console, you're getting real close to that same price of just buying a gaming PC.

Unless you're willing to settle for a real dirt cheap piece of junk general use PC. I've used a few of those 200 dollar budget machines that start chugging if you open a second tab alongside YouTube...

@Grumblevolcano It would not surprise me if that was a big part of the deciding factor. Though I know they said something about using the game to train younger employees too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Haha, yeah, I know those. We call them "office PCs" over here...
But yes, PCs can do more, but my point was the reverse: consoles don't HAVE to do more, they just need to play games and media. They don't need to simultaneously run three layers of software and a resource-heavy OS, only just the most basic of menus with a little bit of a user-friendly interface, but that's it.

And like I said, console chipsets are still highly optimized, even though they are closer to PCs than ever. They also need to be, seeing as their life cycle is generally considerably longer than the average PC before some parts are replaced to drag the PC back into the current era. Seeing as you obviously can't do that with a console, other configurations and benchmarks are integrated and set, to keep it competitive for years to come.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Don't get me wrong - I'm not denouncing consoles - I have 4 plugged in under my TV right now! It's just that, as prices go up, and specialized features fade, I find myself wondering why I would go the console route/general use PC route as opposed to ditching both and getting the gaming PC.

Perhaps Nintendo has spoiled me but they always offer something that's quite different from a PC experience. But as consoles get closer and closer to PC and I just find myself questioning.

Of course there are still console exclusives that pull me to console.

I just want Sony and MS to do something beyond just delivering better graphics. I consider upgraded graphics an expected, given, improvement.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, were supposed to meet up in about 40 minutes. I’ll be able to test Zoom out on my own. My daughter had been doing classes on it for about a week, and it’s kind of frustrating. Maybe that’s because it’s a Zoom meeting with 20 five year old kids though!

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea my daughter had one an hour ago and all I heard was yelling until the teacher muted them 😂. Have fun!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

Tyranexx

Whew! Busy day, but a good one. I made some headway on the work front and managed to sneak out for some fresh air on another decent day. I got my exercise in (with some Pokemon Go), and my grocery run went well for the most part. There were a couple of things I couldn't find, but I can do without them. I think I was wise to wait a few more days; the store wasn't very packed at all. I also grabbed a 8 in. pizza/salad combo at a local place with a gift card I had. I finished off 2/3 of it, but I'm leaving the final 1/3 until tomorrow.

I also caught wind of the Mini Direct and watched it in pieces over a couple of hours while working. No major bombshells, but they did cover the minimum of what I wanted to see....Even if half of that was unfortunately already leaked in the rumor mill. If I can swing out of jury duty at the end of May, I might be taking a certain Friday off....

@Heavyarms55 You've hit upon why I preferred the original Sun/Moon plot vs. what's in the "enhanced" versions. While I didn't dislike Lusamine's revised portrayal as an anti-hero per se, like you I think that change made the tale less impactful. She put on quite a facade to those on the outside, but her family bore the brunt of perfectionism. I don't blame either Lily or Gladion for bailing on the situation. While I blame her final descent into madness on Nihilego (love the concept of the Ultra Beasts, btw), I really believe that thing exponentially added onto feelings and obsessions that were already there. And yes, it would have been fun to fight her in that form as well; heck, I was expecting it! But we gotta keep that E rating.

The parallel dimension thing, plus the fact you could actually explore them, was a fun add for me. I just wish they didn't lock so many previous legendary Pokemon behind that feature. I found a few, but I didn't want to sink too much time into Ultra Space. And Ultra Necrozma[/spoiler] was a BEAST. I was pleasantly surprised by the sudden difficulty spikes; I was facerolling through the game before that. I'm also glad that they added more post-game content in the Rainbow Rocket episode. [spoiler]Though I had a heck of a time with Mega Mewtwo X; even with Pokemon that could beat it, the speed on that thing was INSANE.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Link's Awakening (Switch), WarioWare Gold

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yup, I totally agree. I didn't spend much time on ultra space either - though to be fair I had all those legendaries already and since I wasn't playing VGC at that time, it didn't matter that they hadn't been caught in that generation. Can't say I'm a fan of that rule, but I digress.

I liked the Ultra Necrozma fight a lot. I think it's probably the best addition to the ultra games. It's the one and only time in a single player Pokemon adventure I actually had to use battle items. I used a focus sash on my lead so I could thunder wave it and lower it's speed. Even then, it was a difficult fight.

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
You have 4 consoles hooked on to your TV ?
I have 7 consoles hooked on to my TV. 😁
Let's see...
On top table: PS2 Slim
Lower table: Wii, PS2 Fat, PS4 Slim
Beside TV (on the left): Switch dock, Wii U, PS3 Slim

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 I have the vast majority of those legendaries in some way, shape, or form, so that's why I stopped hunting them after awhile. I had done most of the other things that I wanted in the game at that point, so I decided to move on.

Ultra Necrozma also forced me to use battle items, something I likewise don't dip into often. I don't remember exactly how the winning battle played out, but I know it took a bit of team shuffling, a couple of new TM moves, and 2-3 tries before I ended the battle with roughly half my team still standing.

Currently playing: Link's Awakening (Switch), WarioWare Gold

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic