Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,561 to 41,580 of 96,322

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX @Eel Why does He-Man try to punch me if the face at 0:49 ☹ It's almost like he knows I get stuck in Link's Awakening too easily. (I got stuck twice already, less than 4 hours in) I posted in the Links Awakening thread if anyone wants to take a stab at why I'm suck. I mean stuck. 😋

I pasted the vid to play at the time stamp.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Try to hit you? He-Man doesn't "try", he simply DOES and he ALWAYS succeeds...

As for being stuck in Link's Awakening: I'd say just look up a playthrough video on YouTube and then only watch the particular part that's relevant to your situation, so it won't expose you to any spoilers of what comes next. That's what I always do, when I get stuck, anyway.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WoomyNNYes

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Try to hit you? He-Man doesn't "try", he simply DOES and he ALWAYS succeeds...

@tHANOSrExxx You're so right 😋 Yeah, the downfall of longplay/walkthroughs is spoiling where you're going and seeing new places without discovering them on my own. I found youtube for finding Bow Wow, and it shows where the Moblin cave hideout thing is. I walked right by it twice. I may have thought it was inaccessible, so I didn't look hard in it's location.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

reporterdavid

Hit it like its hard... happy easter everyone. Have a great evening.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 That would be a bartering system I'd keep tabs on.

Agreed on glossy material being a smudge magnet. I have that problem with both my Wii U GamePad and OG 3DS. They're the reason why I was in the habit of wrapping my hands in a thin shirt when playing them during warmer months. It tends to get humid here in the dog days of summer.

@ThanosReXXX "That definitely made my face split into a big grin."

Looks at avatar, looks back at text, looks at avatar again and smirks 😏

I'll just amend "Con Carne" to the recipe title. I think it's an epic one. As long as nobody thinks eating it will snap half of them out of existence.

What, hand cheese? I only reserve that label for the worst of the worst controllers. You know the ones. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Yeah, it CAN be tempting to watch on, or to look for more than you actually need to be able to continue your game, but sometimes, it does indeed also show you things you missed/overlooked, so I'm definitely not against the odd playthrough video.

Tyranexx wrote:

Looks at avatar, looks back at text, looks at avatar again and smirks 😏

Almost, but not quite. I'd say my avatar displays more of an evil smirk, not a highly amused grin. Whenever I feel my face splitting into one of those, it's just a close-mouthed, ear to ear smile.

And without the evil, dead-eyed stare...

As for that controller label thingy: yup, that's the one I meant, but I don't think @Heavyarms55's controllers will be THAT dirty. At least, I sure hope not...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Alpha-2002

@Anti-Matter OF COURSE people hate the prohibition of free speech. That goes directly against the basic human right to have an opinion.

Hell, Article 28 of your own constitution states that "The freedom to associate and to assemble, to express written and oral opinions, etc., shall be regulated by law." This is stuff you and I take for granted in both our societies - the right to have and express our thoughts, the right to freely and respectfully criticize our governments, and the basic right to disagree with what's considered the "norm" without fear of government retaliation.

Suppose free speech goes away in Indonesian society. Suddenly, you're no longer allowed to respectfully disagree - if you do, you mysteriously "disappear" and are never seen again. All of your country's media - Jakarta's Kompas, Semarang's Suara Merdeka, your television channels and reporters - defend the government at all costs. Human rights violations go unexposed as the Fourth Estate looks the other way - they're forced to look away, either by bribery or by... darker means. What does get in is censored to hell and back to appease "moral guardians" that don't know the first thing about actual art... but are plenty knowledgeable about the new guidelines that all media must uphold.

The truth is lost as falsifications become the official narrative. Riots in the streets by those protesting government corruption? Slandered as "terrorists" and taken into custody. Exposes by foreign media trying to bring attention to the dictatorship's sins? "By national decree, all foreign media is banned." A stagnation of wages and departure of foreign employers? Not in our news, dammit!

On and on and on it goes.

Horrifying, right?

Take all of what I just said, apply it to 1.2 billion people and gives the government in question a truckload of nukes - that's China, and it's just getting worse under Xi.

With the speech laws that you (in Indonesia) and I (in Boston, USA) both enjoy, none of that happens. We're free to say what we want, think however we so choose of those in power, and even criticize those who aren't doing a good job.

And the only downside is, what? Some people get called racial slurs online? Well, get this - freedom of speech also includes the freedom to criticize what other PEOPLE say, too. And not many stand "hate speech" in this day and age, so that problem effectively negates itself.

The freedom to think freely should be protected at all costs, even something as silly as Animal Crossing. Why? Because it doesn't matter if information comes from the Jakarta newsstands or some comment thread that no one really gives a damn about in the end:

Information is information. And information always deserves to be free.
/rant

Edited on by Alpha-2002

Alpha-2002

NotTelevision

“I believe in free speech” has to be the most uncontroversial view in the developed world, but still everyone feels the need to congregate and pat each other on the back about it.

“But at least we gots the free speech” is also the most unimaginative political rebuttal. It’s card you pull right before you put cotton in your ears and run a victory lap.

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

I finally got to watch Detective Pikachu. I loved every minute of it.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Watched it on Roku. HBO Go has select movies and shows for free during the pandemic.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

reporterdavid

Can you watch HBO for free

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Sunsy

Saw Trolls World Tour, and loved it more than the first movie. It still feels unusual renting a newly released movie from home (the movie even stopped advertising theaters in promo stuff). Saw it twice already. Anyone else taken advantage of watching a theatrical movie at home as they're now being officially released this way?

@ThanosReXXX Apologies for the late response (if a day is considered late), it didn't come off aggressive to me, it felt like a strong opinion on physical games and game cartridges. An opinion with reasons that you stick with.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@Sunsy No apologies needed, and thanks for the feedback.

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX You're welcome.

@T7Hokage017 The Sonic movie is on Roku in the Movie Store section on the side menu. Saw it there when I went to rent Trolls (a few of the TVs in my home have Roku).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

HobbitGamer

I may watch LEGO Movie 2 this evening.

@bimmy-lee Like the gift she picked out. It’s on my table next to another and my prized snapping turtle. Now my villager just needs TP to complete the ultra realism.

@NintendoByNature I’m cooking some tasty cb hash for breakfast.

#MudStrongs

Sunsy

@T7Hokage017 You're welcome. I also waiting for the physical release myself. I saw the movie already in a theater with a friend, so not in a rush to watch it again via digital.

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer sounds DEEEEElish. Wife wanted donuts this morning so that's what we got. I'd rather have some hash

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic