Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 41,561 to 41,580 of 41,852

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter I'd have more if my TV had more HDMI ports. I have tried several of those HDMI hubs for connecting more, but I always end up with the same problem of a flickering signal. I've had the problem with different TVs and monitors too. And actually, they aren't all hook up. My TV only has 3 ports, so right now it's my Switch, PS4 and PC. But I still have my PS3 and Wii U sitting under the TV and my Gamecube on the floor next to the TV table. All easily accessible.

@Tyranexx The big thing for me was speed, my team was rather slow aside from that rock type dog. So getting the paralyze on it was needed or he just kept sweeping my team before I could get off an attack.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 A lot of my team was slow as well; I have a tradition of picking my favorite Pokemon obtainable within the game into a balanced team, then I usually stick with them until the post-game. Come to think of it, I believe I used a combination of status moves and helpful items for that one.

Off the top of my head, I think my main team was:
Incineroar
Araquanid
Ampharos
Lurantis
Noivern
Tyranitar (This might've been obvious lol)

Noivern's speed was a boon at times, but it also seemed pretty squishy as well. The rest of them were various degrees of slow.

Currently playing: Link's Awakening (Switch), WarioWare Gold

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Yeah I tend to pick my teams just based around a balanced mix that I like - I'm impressed you used T-tar in game. I tend to avoid Pokemon that evolve so late. Which might be why, though I like 5th gen, there's a lot of Pokemon who I wont ever use despite liking them. Like Hydreigon and Brivariy. Hydreigon is especially bad, evolving at level 64 basically means you'll never be able to use it in-game. Such a waste for such a cool Pokemon. I've used T-tar and Dragonite in-game. But what that means in practice is I used Dragonair and Pupitar until the very very end of the game...

Noivern is cool, and Ampharos is one of my all time favorites. Funny story about it. While I was studying abroad in Japan I was drinking with my classmates and we were playing video games when I caught a shiny Mareep in Pokemon Y. I then proceeded to run around the dorm, drunk AF, shouting that I caught a shiny Pokemon. The next day was pretty hilarious. I apparently hugged everyone. XD I remember very little. I named the Mareep "Smexy" and I still have it.

Araquanid might be my favorite Bug type. Hard to say it I like it more than Heracross but he's pretty high up there. Such a unique design and cool ability. Not to mention a great shiny!

Inceneroar the king of VGC. Not my favorite starter, but unquestionably one of the strongest. I have never used a Lurantis. How is it?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Vinny

Some people like [lofi hip hop music - beats to relax/study to], but I'd say I like [Relaxing Gran Turismo Music] better.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

@Vinny
Playing racing games is not complete without Super Eurobeat songs like on Initial D. 😎

What do you think ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Vinny

@Anti-Matter I have listened to some eurobeat songs from this anime (I do quite like them), though I haven't watched it yet.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 I suppose that's a valid concern or thought, especially what with Microsoft now moving more and more towards a "Games as a Service" model, with most of their exclusives also available on Windows 10, so you might as well stick a gaming PC to your main TV instead of a console, but there's still enough variation in games on both Xbox and PlayStation that you will probably never see on PC, and for me personally, it's also the "feel" of it.

I also play games on PC sometimes, mainly soccer games, a couple of shooters and puzzle games, and maybe the odd racing game, but because my PC is on a desk, with the accompanying chair, it's just not the same as sitting on a couch with a wireless controller and relaxing and playing on the big TV. And while I do have an "Xbox 360 controller for Windows", it's wired, so that's a difference too. I used to have a wireless one with a dongle, but that stopped working at some point, and isn't compatible with later versions of Windows.

And that's obviously another thing with PC's: compatibility, upgrades, patches and so on, and so on. If I want to play a game, I just want to boot up the machine, grab a controller, go into my games collection and start up a game. That takes more work on a PC. Once you've finally got it all working as it's supposed to, it runs just fine, but all the stuff you have to do BEFORE it gets to that point, is what often annoys me.

And far as my personal experience is concerned, my PC is an aging one, and was only ever meant to be a work at home PC, so it's not really a game PC. I can run most last gen games, so from the Xbox 360 era, and some smaller games from more recent years, but that's about it. I have a 1.6Mhz dual core, running Windows 7 Premium, but just barely, so sometimes, because of all the underlying services and OS running in the background, games can slow down to a crawl, so that's also not really all that ideal, making me have to close all kinds of processes in task manager first, before I can get back into whatever game I'm playing at the moment.

@Anti-Matter I've got 7 consoles hooked up to TWO TVs. I win...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

I’ve got 12 TVs hooked up to 4 consoles. So there, I win.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 By the way: which HDMI hubs have you tried? I've bought some duds as well, in the past, but I've got one now from Amazon, with 5 ports, and that works just fine. But it doesn't just depend on the hub itself, but also on the cables and sometimes even on the TV itself, so it all depends on your setup.

Either way, I'd always buy a new HDMI cable to go along with the hub, instead of using one that you already own, regardless of whether or not it seems to work properly.

This is the hub that I'm currently using:
Untitled
https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Intelligent-splitter-switcher-Sup...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Nooooooooo....

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Thankfully Ultra Sun threw enough trainers at me (and I got sidetracked enough) to make Tyranitar before the E4 more than possible, plus I made it a point to favor using Pupitar. I think it finally evolved on Poni Island. Same feelings on Hydreigon. Which is a shame as it's one of my favorite dragon types. I'm still trying to find a Deino in PoGo....

Mareep & co. are my favorite electric types to come out of Gen 2; I usually make it a point to use an Ampharos if it can be obtained pre-E4. I like their shiny forms as well, though I've never been fortunate enough to find one lol. Love the story about Smexy. XD Definitely a keeper for sure!

I wouldn't say Araquanid is my all-time favorite bug type, but it's pretty far up there. Wonderful design, useful ability, and overall decent coverage. I just wish Dewpider wasn't so meh, but thankfully it evolves somewhat early. Rowlet's line is actually my favorite Gen 7 starter line (picked it in Sun), though Litten & co. are a close second. I like Lurantis and felt like it had some utility and interesting coverage options, but it is somewhat slow and, as a pure grass type, deals with a lot of common weaknesses.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Link's Awakening (Switch), WarioWare Gold

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX that’s the one I use and have been using for the past 2 years. Haven’t had no problems

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

bimmy-lee

The Zoom party last night was fun. It took a bit for everyone to find a rhythm and not all talk at once, but after that; it was smooth sailing. We were on for over two hours, and there were a lot of non printable jokes. It felt good to hang out and make light of our situations.

@ThanosReXXX - STILL haven’t seen the Direct, and I’ve been stuck in the basement all day working on the reclamation project. I found some petrified dog poop in a dark corner of a seldom used room. Think I’ll put it in my pocket and sell it to Tom Nook later.

@1UP_MARIO - That’s a gorgeous set up, well done!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Well, there you go, @Heavyarms55, now you know of at least two people that can vouch for this particular HDMI Switch...

And that's a neat setup indeed, @1UP_MARIO. I wish I had something like that, but for the moment, there's other purposes for my budget, and in the current situation, even that isn't really important. First we need to get out of this whole virus thing, and then we'll see.

@bimmy-lee Well, seeing as it's now a recorded video online, you can go and see it whenever you've got the time, so if real world things take precedence, then so be it. But if you do have 28 minutes to spare tonight, then I'd definitely give it a watch...

Link-Hero

@1UP_MARIO
Is that a pic of your gaming setup? If it is, where did you get a TV stand like that? I was looking for something very similar a couple of years ago, but gave up after a few months and went with the next best stand I could find.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero I have a feeling that it came in the box with the TV, because it looks like it belongs to the TV, not like some third party peripheral, but I suppose @1UP_MARIO will be able to put us out of our misery, where that question is concerned...

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX @bimmy-lee thanks. @Link-Hero Ikea. Its the kallax unit which is really cheap. It’s not a tv stand but I use it as one.
Untitled

It’s even cheaper if you get the 4 by 2

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Oh, wait: he meant the cabinet. I already figured that was from IKEA.
I thought he meant the foot the TV was standing on.
This virus outbreak is seriously messing with my accuracy radar...

NintendoByNature

Decided I'm not waiting til April 1st for animal crossing since im nearly done with Owlboy. Went to the Wal-Mart by me to grab it and it was sold out. There's another walmart a little further that supposedly has stock. Giving it another shot and if not, I guess ill play next week 😋

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

1UP_MARIO

@Link-Hero @ThanosReXXX the foot came with the tv. All TVs come with the stand

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic