Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,501 to 38,520 of 96,570

1UP_MARIO

@New_Guest me too. We call it new Hawaiian.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

And now I’m hungry 😋

bimmy-lee

Pizza Pizza! (TM Little Caesar’s ((pre hot n ready))

@Woomy_NNYes - I love ham, pineapple, and pizza, but none of them together. I think we’re pretty evenly split around here. We do our best to get along, but, obviously, we eat in separate conference rooms during pizza parties. It’s really the only time that this divide between right (no pineapple) and wrong (pineapple) rears its ugly head.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

1UP_MARIO

@New_Guest I’ll need to try that 😀

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, to be fair to the "boomer blamers", it probably counts just as much as us generalizing and calling people hipsters or millennials, so in a way, I get it. Doesn't mean I like it, though.

On a side note: who says that we don't care about your thoughts on the gender discussion? I can only speak for myself, obviously, but as long as you're no extremist in either direction, any opinion or point of view is welcome, in ANY discussion or topic, far as I'm concerned.

And as for your discussion with Zuljaras: I kind of got to know you, so I'd vouch for you as being good people, but obviously sometimes how other people interpret our comments is how we come across, and if I wouldn't have known you, then a comment like "nobody cares about your political beliefs" could have been interpreted in several ways, amongst which also a rather hostile one, basically telling me to shut up.

So, perhaps that was part of the discussion: interpretation, as it so often is. And instead of in normal face to face discussions, we then have to spend an extra two or three comments on explaining all that away, etcetera, etcetera... Anyway, I'm sure you'll get the point. Not a criticism, just an observation, mind you.

@Woomy_NNYes I never have ham on my pizza Hawaii. I always let them replace the ham with salami or pepperoni. I prefer the wider variety of taste between sweet and slightly spicy over the rather tame or only slightly salted taste of ham. Of course, there's various kinds of ham, but they'll never be pepperoni...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Honey Chicken Pizza from Pizza Hut, everyone ? 😛
Untitled
This was the last year special menu.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Good grief....I'm out/busy with CPR/med training for the whole morning and the thread blows up. What happened?

Edit: At least I understand pizza!

@bimmy-lee Depending on when my mother would pick me up, i easily spent 1 1/2 to 2 hours down there on average, depending on the bus schedule for the year. They didn't have very many SNES games, but most of the ones that were there are classics. I don't recommend Captain Novolin though; that was a pretty meh edutainment game. XD

I'm sure Bimily would love Babe. There were plenty of Disney and Don Bluth animal films that I enjoyed (and still do, for the most part) back in the day.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

I love how things devolved from current political hot buttons, in a contraband but actually productively civil and engaging way to awkward talk about tropical fruit and pizza as everyone shuffles around looking at the ceiling.....

NEStalgia

Eel

Assuming pineapple on pizza is not a hot button topic.

Anyway, why don't we talk about Pokemon instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

Here's my 2 cents regarding best pizzas. Take it from me, I've had it all over the world 😉

1)Chicago style deep dish
1.5) digiorno frozen pie
2)Napolitano style Italy
3)Chicago tavern style thin crust
4)new York style
5) Detroit style deep dish

I will now sit back and watch as this thread burns to a crisp

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I probably could have found a more respectful way to choose my words, but I have a bad habit of mirroring the respect that’s being given. As a straight, old, white dude, I don’t really feel I have the experience necessary to comment on a lot of today’s hot button topics, pineapple on pizza aside. I would say it can be confusing trying to understand some of these things (such as gender fluidity), but I also feel it’s not necessarily my duty to understand, but accept, and I enjoy challenging my prior convictions with new ways of thinking.

@Tyranexx - Haha, Cap’n Novolin absolutely sounds like an exceptionally boring edutainment game! I’m going to have to do a google search later to see it in action. It better be 60fps though. No reason it shouldn’t.

@NintendoByNature - You forgot Digiornio on your list. I’m guessing it would be first, second at worst. I know you gotta rep deep dish, please don’t hate me, but I think it’s just a tad overrated. I’m shielding myself from punches. It’s pizza, so it’s all great, but I’d probably put NY/BK folding slices at my top spot. If it’s deep dish that can still be picked up and eaten by hand, I’m in, but I don’t like when it’s excessively saucy and has to be eaten with a fork.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

redd214

@bimmy-lee Hawaiian pizza is terrific, though the quality of the ham makes a huge difference! Actually making pizza for dinner tonight, grilled chicken & bacon specifically. Awesome combo!!

redd214

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee original post edited for you my friend 😋. I think you hit the nail on the head though. All pizza is good, for the most part. There's very few Zza's I'll pass on. And fine... fine... I won't pitchfork you for not liking Chicago style. It's all preference. I just prefer it over others but I love ALL of it. But if you ever come to Chicago, I'll have to take you to my spots to show you deep dish I prefer. I may even change your mind.

Here's a top 3 for me(hoping the link works). Mouth is watering just thinking of it. Look at that sausage patty. And they cut into squares so you don't need a knife and fork. Not to mention it's 5 min from the house. So I order there often.

Oh and thats Walter Paytons daughter. Figured you'd like that tidbit..

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

Done right (not with regular tomato sauce, plz no), I've found my favorite pizza is probably steak and cheese. Also bonus points for brick oven pizza, great stuff.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Are potatoes a Netherlands thing? I didn't know you lived there or that that was a thing. Potatoes are just my go to example when I start spouting nonsense. XD

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@Woomy_NNYes I haven't had Detroit deep IN Detroit. Just imitators like jets but I do love that style. It's sooooo good.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

I used to work at Pizza Hut when I was in university, and if they paid well and gave good hours, I might still be there. It was honestly a really fun job, but the pay was crap and the hours insulting.

Still, pineapple on pizza is annoying because it's one of the toppings that's very easy to ruin a pizza with. It's just too juicy.

On the other hand, I once had someone call in and order a "pizza" with no sauce, no cheese and only sausage. In other words, cooked pizza dough with bits of sausage in the box. In the box because there was nothing to keep them on the "pizza". Probably the only time I broke the rules and said "Sir, are you sure that's what you want?"

My friend thinks the person was ordering it as a joke for someone, which seems likely.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic