Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,981 to 34,000 of 96,530

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Unless you're really not into DC characters or animation in general, I highly recommend watching a lot of the DC Animated Universe (DCAU) cartoons if you get the chance. Not all of the shows are essential, but a lot of the plot arcs are well-written and treat the watching audience like they're intelligent.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Alrighty, that's cool. We all like different kind of games.

@NintendoByNature Feel better. Home today, otherwise doing ok and not much is going on aside from a few chores that need to be done.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NintendoByNature

@Sunsy thanks. I stayed home from work yesterday for obvious reasons. But i wasn't able to do anything other than sleep all day.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@NintendoByNature You're welcome, I think that's the best thing to do when sick. I usually find myself resting just to get better sooner whenever I'm sick.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BruceCM

Eh, I don't watch much of anything, these days, @Tyranexx .... Too many games to play!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Hope you’re better today... UNless this is you covering your tracks in an elaborate ruse to stay at home and play LA ahead of Saturday when nobody is around?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee haha I actually was hoping my wife would be like "here ya go, you feel so sick that it's ok for you to play it a little early." But in all honesty, I couldve played the entire day and all I wanted to do was sleep. Today I'm feeling a lot better, but still a mild headache which was much worse when I woke up this morning.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - I hear you, I definitely still get that twinge of excitement on the rare sick day that I’m gonna play games alllllll day long; and then I just sleep and the entire day feels like it’s five minutes long.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@Sunsy It really depends on the portrayal. Tbh I've never really tried the Splatoon series; most of my exposure has been military and futuristic shooters, both of which I'm not fond of for various reasons. I think I'd like Splatoon 2 overall but wouldn't bother with a lot of the online matchups lol. I'm a pretty casual player when it comes to stuff like that.

@BruceCM You and me both! Other than some YouTube on occasion - usually when I'm eating dinner - I don't watch much. XD

@NintendoByNature Yuck. That stuff is never fun; I had a particularly bad bout in college. As an adult, staying home sick rarely means you're up to doing much else besides sleep (Been there, done that). Hope you feel back to 100% soon!

I'd wait on LA until your bday. It'll feel much sweeter when you get to finally run around Koholint on the actual day of, IMO.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee that was my favorite part of staying home from school as a kid. It just meant a straight gaming day the entire time. Now, with my age, I'd rather sleep. I just couldn't muster up the strength to do anything else.
@tyranexx I'm waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting...dont worry 😓. Only a few days left. Every time i walk past the package( dreamer edition), my heart flutters. It's so close but yet so far. And thankfully as of this afternoon. I'm 90% back to normal..just a very mild headache but manageable.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Alright. Splatoon is really fun IMHO, I've played both single player and online modes, though will be honest, never did get around to finishing the single player portions of both Splatoon and Splatoon 2. Though I did enjoy what I played.

I would say I'm casual with online play. In Splatoon, I usually just stick to Turf Wars in both games, and when playing CS:GO, I usually just play casual mode instead of competitive. I'm not a competitive person, so I usually just play the "for fun" online modes instead of ranked or competitive.

SheldonRandoms

Tomorrow i'll learn if I got the part as Mr. Voorhees, however at this point, any role will do if it means a better phone than the one I have now. Probably will nab that role since I was the tallest one there, had to crawl just to get to the next part of the haunted house. It was like comparing a kangaroo to an ant, an eel to an escalator, Yugi's hair in general, etc.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Heavyarms55

When I was a kid, on the very rare occurrence I got to stay home because of illness I was always too sick to play anything. Usually because I was puking or unconscious the whole day. If I just had a bad cold and a fever, I was usually still sent to school and sat miserable through the day... It's kinda the same way now, if I'm sick enough to actually call off work, I'm generally too miserable to play a game. Last time I took a sick day I could barely move.

Headaches always kill gaming for me. Looking at a TV or portable usually makes them worse.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

gcunit

Nowadays, if I'm off work sick (only happens rarely) it's normally just flu and I find most of the time I can still muster up the effort to play my 3DS. I made some very significant progress on my first full playthrough of Ocarina of Time thanks to a sick day. Turned a lousy day into quite a happy, memorable one.

PS. One of the subscribers to the NSO family group I organised last year has gone silent on me about renewing this year, so I'm offering up one space in the group. £5GBP via PayPal for 12 months. First year went very smoothly, no issues at all that I'm aware of. @ me here for more details.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Heavyarms55

I've somehow never had the flu, as in influenza. I've had stomach bugs that we called the stomach flu, but that's not, to my knowledge, the same thing.

On the other hand, I've seen entire classes in school I work at come down with the flu, to the point where school for that group of students was just cancelled because like 80% of them caught it! When that happens we actually call in a company that disinfects the whole darn classroom! The flu also happens to be one of the few things that will actually get a Japanese teacher to stay home. I've seen my coworkers suffer through the day with 2 hours of sleep and a migraine headache and I'm just like "that's not dedication, that's suicidal!" But since the flu is highly contagious, they will stay away.

Tyranexx

I don't believe I've ever had influenza (If I did, it was probably chalked up to a bad cold) but have sure as heck had the stomach flu a few times. When I had that as a kid, I was typically miserable part of the day but was able to at least do a few things.

By far the best sick days I ever had was when I contracted hand, foot, and mouth disease my freshman or sophomore year of high school. Other than a sore throat and a slight fever, I didn't feel bad at all. I spent most of the couple of days I was stuck home gaming and reading. After that, the meds started working and I was no longer contagious. The homework also hit with a vengeance.

@NintendoByNature Awesome! I can definitely sympathize on the headache....I had a pretty good one going the other day. Lousy things. 😥

@Sunsy I CAN be a competitive person, but unlike some people I just don't have the time anymore to devote to "get gud" these days unless I were to devote all of my free time to said game. I'm pretty casual when it comes to the rare online gaming session these days. XD

the_shpydar

@Aviator deep breath
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How's the world of the Upside Down?

@HobbitGamer
That comic is awesome. I can imagine a whole "Zentradi Life" series, including the adventures of disco-dancing Bron, Rico and Konda, which always ends up with Bron "accidentally" cross-dressing.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Sunsy

@Heavyarms55 I had the flu a very long time ago, I was practically home from school for three weeks straight. It was a really bad three weeks too. Nowadays I don't get sick that often thankfully.

@Tyranexx Understandable, that's also why I tend to be casual with online games. At least on CS:GO, competitive rounds can go on for a very long time, I just don't have the time to play something online that long. While casual matches are shorter and mostly for fun.

Edited on by Sunsy

Heavyarms55

@Sunsy THREE WEEKS?! I've never heard of regular influenza lasting for three weeks! Did you have one of those more extreme cases like swine flu or something? That sounds horrible! I can't imagine being that sick for so long! In terms of being bed-ridden ill, the worst I ever had was salmonella food poisoning, which had me down for about 3 days with lingering symptoms for about a week after. I once had some kind of lung issue that had me coughing frequently for a few months, but it was just an inconvenience...

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Tyranexx

I think the sickest I've ever been was when I contracted pneumonia during Christmas break when I was fourteen. I had had some sniffling and tight chest symptoms for a few days, but we thought it was just a cold or bronchitis. I really went downhill roughly a week after Christmas. That was the first time I had ever dreamed while still awake (not sure how much of this borders on hallucinating); I kept waking up in the night and normally knew when I was awake, but the dream kept on going. I don't fully recall said dream in part due to time and how weird it was, but I had received my first DS and WarioWare Touched for Christmas. The characters kept showing up in whatever insanity my mind kept cooking up. XD

I became self-aware enough at one point during that horrible night and put on some socks since I was insanely cold even with all my blankets. It didn't really hit me until the next morning that I was really sick. Turns out I had a high fever. Ibuprofen helped lower it to where I almost felt normal, but I slept most of that morning until it was time for my doctor's appointment. If we had waited a few more days, I likely would have ended up in the hospital according to the family doctor.

The only good thing about that experience is that it got me out of helping my dad's extended family butcher hogs that year. Writing labels and dates on the packages of meat was boring work that lost its appeal once you became too old to just play with the toys and watch TV in my aunt and uncle's basement lol. At least there was good food.

@Sunsy I do need to try online play a little more often. I tend to prefer single player games for the most part and prefer local multiplayer when I do play with others. I've encountered some decent people when playing online, but I've also had some cruddy encounters that really soured my experience. Plus the queuing time for some games (not recently tbh) sometimes took forever.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic