Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,961 to 33,980 of 96,477

bimmy-lee

@RedderRugfish - Hey, glad you’re back. I was wondering about you last week and almost called on you, but I pretty much need to reply to a post of yours because of your name! It’s simultaneously exactly like ReaderRagfish, and also the opposite of it.

@Tyranexx - You already have a Switch game card or two, right? So you’re stocked, just waiting for the right moment on the hardware. The cream pie reference is innuendo of a nature that excludes it even from naked pixie games.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

@Sunsy I like puzzle games, so I think Tetris 99 would be more my speed as well. Most other Battle Royale formats like Fortnite or PUBG aren't really my style.

@bimmy-lee Pretty much. I almost jumped recently and bought one, but I've decided to hold off until near the holidays at this point. The upcoming five weeks are pretty busy IRL due to my previously mentioned volunteer side job, a (normal) job-related conference towards the end of October, and various happenings besides, so I don't think I'd get much time to properly enjoy it then.

Also....Yes, I have a pretty good idea of what said innuendo translates to. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Ah, sorry, I thought I read that you didn’t understand the reference. There has to be some kind of holiday deal or bundle this year. Hopefully with some sort of joy con revision. I fixed the drift on the left with the canned air maneuver, but I don’t want to buy a second pair unless this is a permanent fix, or they revise.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee For the record, it is actually really easy to swap analogue sticks in joycon. Just a couple screws and on ribbon cable. You can get the tri-wing screw driver and replacement stick on Amazon pretty easily.

It's lame so many people have had issue with them, but thankfully it is an easy fix. Personally I've not had to, but I know how because I've replaced the shells on two sets of joycons, and part of that process is removing the stick.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

BruceCM

Since I'm in the UK, @ThanosReXXX, I don't watch Superbowl.... Saw a clip of that incident but hadn't realized it was such a big deal there
Can't say I've seen any of the animated Batman, @Tyranexx! If there's scenes like that in them, I might do so

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - I read up on it a bit, and it does look pretty easy with the proper tools. It seems like the only trick is to get the ribbon cable in place properly before they go back together. I lived with the drift for a long time, and the canned air did the trick for now. I’ll see if/when the left starts drifting again, and make a decision at that point.

I’m not too bitter, I actually love the joy con. It’s my favorite Nintendo pack in controller since the trident. The materials seem a bit sub Nintendo standard, but it could easily be my fault. I’m not finicky with them. I’ve dropped them multiple times, and I oftenly have a beverage and/or a snack while I play. Wouldn’t surprise me to open them up and find salt from peanut butter filled pretzels glued to the stick with IPA.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Zuljaras

Guys I am little angry at myself for not pre-ordering the Limited Edition of Zelda. It is gone now.
I was going to treat myself for my birthday but now I have to deal with the standard edition

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee I can safely say that the ribbon cable is very easy to connect or disconnect so long as you have a simple pair of tweezers. It slides right in and there is a tiny latch that holds it in place. Unless you have shaky hands, it should be no issue.

It's a bummer that people even need to consider it, but it's nice that it's an easy fix. If the stick were soldered to the board, that would make it a much bigger problem...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Aviator

the_shpydar wrote:

HobbitGamer wrote:

@Anti-Matter Yep, what you described is in fact shown in the very first Assassin's Creed game and expanded on throughout the series. So your brain has actually been playing out the plot lines of M rated games for decades.

It's also pretty much the background story of Scientology, so ... yeah.

Meanwhile, i'll join you in waiting for our Zentradi overlords. Khyron Did Nothing Wrong!

All hail.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

HobbitGamer

Untitled

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Me too, though I haven't tried PUBG myself. When it comes to online games, I prefer arena-style shooters over battle royale personally. Like Splatoon, Paladins, or Counter-Strike, something that isn't on a big map.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, I may have come across them once, but not that I can specifically remember, and the Amish are of course a very isolated society, so even if this came from the Netherlands, then it probably came from the Dutch equivalent of the Amish, which is very strictly religious people living in the local Bible belt, and they often do not share and/or show their way of live. Well, at least not willingly or unnecessarily.

@Tyranexx Good thing you already cleared up the cream pie reference with @bimmy-lee. I would have felt quite uncomfortable to be the one to have to explain that to you, even though it's essentially the natural end result of human coupling, which, thanks to the American adult film industry, has gotten a (for many people probably) rather gross connotation...

@BruceCM Oh, it IS a big deal. Once that "accident" with Janet Jackson had happened during a live show, all the holier-than-though media spoke so badly of it, that ever since this incident, the directors of the Super Bowl have decided to broadcast the "live" event not entirely live anymore, but with a couple of seconds of delay, so that they will be able to intervene and cut out any and all future incidents. Well, assuming they'd all be split second ones, like the aforementioned one...

They'd probably need an entire new set of protocols if something happens that'll last for longer than those couple of seconds, so hissy fits are bound to happen once again, at some point in the not yet determinable future.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee It would be nice to grab a bundle, but a Switch without a bundled game isn't a deal breaker either. A "couple" of stockpiled Switch games in my storage right now is a bit of an understatement. XD I didn't go completely nuts, but there were some nice physical sales and a couple of special editions that pushed me over the edge more than once.

@BruceCM You'd be surprised how many cartoons back then slipped references past the censors lol. There are videos and articles out there detailing a lot of them. I think a few are coincidences, but the vast majority were pretty deliberate.

@Sunsy I generally agree, though I'm not too into shooters in general. I don't mind some game series with shooting elements like Metroid as long as other elements are included. The Metroid series also has some exploration, puzzle solving, cool boss fights, and neat lore to go along with the shooting.

@ThanosReXXX Nope, no need to explain that one lol. I admittedly find that I'm occasionally in the dark about a few said references, but I'm unsure how much of that is "new" verbage (learned the meaning of a term on a completely unrelated subject recently that I didn't know was a reference to something) or my last shred of innocence somehow staying out of the gutter on occasion....

My cartoon reference to that came from an episode of The New Batman Adventures. The one that featured the Creeper, I think.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

I've missed the last couple of days on here. I was out with the flu or food poisoning. It's slowly going away but I still have a pounding headache. How has everyone been?

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, @ThanosReXXX, I guess families watch stuff like that, so it probably makes sense, overall Not something I'm going to worry about, though!
Since I haven't seen any official animated Batman, @Tyranexx, I'll take your word for that There's certainly explicit unofficial animations around for it & plenty of others

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DenDen

@Zuljaras
In the Netherlands its still available.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Ralizah

omg It's like a new Contra game, and it's from the Contra 4 team.

Except it's exclusive to Apple Arcade.

Darn it! Hopefully they branch out to PC and/or consoles with this service eventually. They're getting a lot of really good looking exclusives.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic