Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 34,001 to 34,020 of 96,447

BruceCM

Almost all I do watch on YT is game related, @Tyranexx ... The odd film, on Google Play Movies

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

bimmy-lee

My daughter brought influenza home from school last February, and I caught it for the first time. I was couch ridden for five days before I wobbled up staggering at a nine count. I was still getting random fevers three weeks later, and it took a month before I felt like I totally cleared it. My kids were sick with it for three weeks, and then it turned into pneumonia for my daughter, which lingered in some form for another three weeks. Absolute nightmare. While there wasnโ€™t the projectile aspect of stomach flu, every other symptom of influenza made the flu seem like a simple cold.

I have a pretty good/horrible bed ridden story. In fifth grade, I tore my iris playing dodge ball at school. In order to maintain vision in that eye, I had to lay in bed for two weeks without watching or reading anything. Minimal bathroom and shower breaks. At that age, it was excruciating, and I almost went insane.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

Took mother to doctor yesterday. Apparently has sinus infection, bronchitis, and days away from walking pneumonia. Working remotely today and disinfecting the house. ๐Ÿ˜‘

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Sunsy Oh. You discovered Splatoon. That's nice. It was nice having you here. See you again in 2021! You may or may not remember any other events of the interceding years, so we'll build a time capsule for you when you're aware the world exists again.

@Heavyarms55 " If I just had a bad cold and a fever, I was usually still sent to school and sat miserable through the day..."

And this is why you are in Japan....

I admit...I'm exactly the same......which is why I wish I were in Japan....

NEStalgia

Sunsy

@Heavyarms55 All I remember is being really sick for those three weeks. It was early January, Christmas break ended, I went back to school for one day, the next thing I knew, I was home for 3 weeks sick. Doctors told my mom it was the flu. Thankfully when I got the flu again at a later date, it only lasted a week.

@Tyranexx That's cool too, I use to do local multiplayer quite a bit on Wii and Wii U, then my friend moved, usually I play online with him. Ah those players, they were the kind who ruined Apex Legends for me. Basically teammates that didn't do teamwork.

@NEStalgia So I take it Splatoon is a game people get hooked to here? I do enjoy it, but I think I was more hooked to the game when I got the Wii U original. Nowadays I usually play when I'm in the mood.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NEStalgia

@Sunsy Ahh, so you were already an addict on WiiU. Yeah, I think, the addiction was more extreme with the original. Partly because it was so new, part because it was constantly changing so quickly because it was new, partly because Japanese Snipers , and partly because there was really nothing else going on on WiiU the entire year, so it's not like much else was interrupting play other than Wooly World

BUT...I swore I wouldn't get addicted to Splatoon 2....but for those first 5 months I was every bit as hooked. Haven't really played since other than when they did splatfests, but if there's a Splatoon 3 I know I'll be equally hooked.

And I don't even like competitive online games! The only multiplayer other than Splatoon I touch is co-op RPGs, or the occasional MMO. Or the occasional coop shooter.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, seeing as we're now living in a world where people are desperately trying to be cheeky by incorporating egg plant emojis in messages as a substitute for something more adult, nothing really surprises me anymore. Then again: I catch myself repeating that every other year or so...

People are indeed "creative" sometimes, and the human mind works in mysterious ways...

P.S.

I'm inadvertently slowly taking over your habit of falling behind a couple of pages, due to being a bit busy of late, and to a current sentiment of not really feeling like going online as much anymore. Nothing to do with all you lovely people, just a general sentiment, that I get every so often, but never more than a small handful of times a year. Does seem to occur more frequently, though, which in some ways makes me kinda sad.

@BruceCM I'm of the same mind. It is always looked at as something completely shocking and/or Earth-shattering, and although I can understand that you don't want anybody flashing anything on national daytime TV, I mostly just shrug and shake my head at how upset people can get over these kinds of things. And looking at developments in various media and/or viewpoints of the general public, it would seem to me that slowly but surely, we're moving towards a more puritan, or rather: prudish society, where any and all things concerning the human body, nudity and/or sexuality and interactions between men and women are put under a microscope, being scrutinized more than ever before, and many of them now being labeled as not done anymore.

It's a world where people constantly need to walk on egg shells, or be prepared to apologize for something that they never even intended as offensive or insulting in the first place. Far as I'm concerned, it's an over-exaggerated and over-sensitive world, that's sometimes very tiresome and kind of despair-inducing to live in.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Sunsy

@NEStalgia Yeah, I remember being excited for it because it was a different style of shooter game too. At the time, I think I was playing Sonic Boom and Bayonetta as well, so it was nice having something new and different to play.

I actually got Splatoon 2 a few days after getting a Switch, and I enjoyed it just as much, and did some of the splatfests, and just some games casually. Not hooked to it as much as I use to, but I still will play it when I'm in the mood, and still consider it my main online game on Nintendo consoles.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX "Activating RJEJR MODE!! Transformation 73 prcnet cmpelte..."

EDIT: Actually I wrote that after I read your reply to Tyranexx. After I read your reply to Bruce, I'm more convinced you're activating NEStalgia mode!

Excellent....all according to plan...... Soon my minions will be legion.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Eel

ok so I asked amazon about the accessories I preordered for the Lite and they basically said "we're out of stock, wait or cancel your order, idk".

... The magic of placing your order several weeks in advance.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@StableInvadeel โ€œPreorders are a scam! Rabble rabbleโ€

Thatโ€™s surprising, though. Maybe Amazon themselves hedged their bets on order placement. But yet... they knew.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Haha, you're sorely mistaken my friend. I am THANOS!!! I am the Alpha, I am the Omega. I am the beginning and the end. It's not me who's being converted, it's me assimilating the traits and habits that suit me or which can be useful. The rest is just a finger snap away from eternal slumber in oblivion...

(as a Star Trek fan, I could have also said something about the Borg and you being assimilated, but that wouldn't have been very Titan-y, and not befitting the stature of someone like my virtual self)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

It's a tricky balance for media, @ThanosReXXX .... Particularly in something that's supposed to be suitable for families I don't think the UK is as bad about it; there's an added time after which more 'adult' content can be shown & they'd just let you know if something was particularly good
BTW, I don't remember a Start Trek....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ninfan

@SheldonRandoms 11000 points In Mario kart 7 brilliant score . Are you sheldon????๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘–๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ž๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘”๐ŸŽฌ๐ŸŽฌ๐ŸŽฌ๐ŸŽฌ๐ŸŽฌ๐ŸŽญ๐ŸŽญ๐ŸŽญ๐ŸŽญ๐ŸŽญ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ“บ

Ninfan

Tyranexx

Getting my new interwebs installed atm. Hoping they finish up soon so I can go back to work and finish my last hour of the day lol.

@Sunsy A lot of my negative experiences occurred when I played MMOs like WoW. That's not to say there aren't decent people who play those games - ran into plenty of those too - but the anonymity of screen usage apparently gives some people a license to be a moron.

@HobbitGamer Yuck! Hope your mom gets to feeling better soon! Talk about being hit with a ton of bricks.

@ThanosReXXX I just ran across the eggplant reference the other day in a Discord channel, as a matter of fact. It took me a moment, but it did click after reviewing some of the context. XD

I'll be falling behind here A LOT after the first weekend in October. My schedule will really be ramping up into crazy mode. I'll likely respond to mentions and not much else on and off.

I'll also be at a work conference for the last few days of October barring All Hallow's Eve itself, so I likely won't get too much screen time outside of sessions.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

I still haven't really played any online game, @Tyranexx .... All with that, I played only the offline mode & most games I play don't have one

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

Lol.
Remember how happy I was with my new iOS-compatible controller some weeks ago?

Well today's update enabled the use of Xbox one controllers. So my controller is now completely redundant.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Sheโ€™s feeling better. Iโ€™m exhausted, but managed to sneak in some LA between email checks.

Apparently the junior staffer in our department decided she would โ€˜helpโ€™ with an issue and wound up emailing people that didnโ€™t need to be involved, so my evening will be reconfiguring payor information and putting out that fire.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic