Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,741 to 32,760 of 34,083

Anti-Matter

Morpheel wrote:

I added spongebob to the thumbnail of my latest Mario Maker 2 level and it was played almost immediately.

Clickbait does work!

What ?
How ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Or maybe it’s because I’m so right? 😛

@Tyranexx I get my payback in my own ways. Ohhhh, you’re debugging something? Sure hope nobody....runs 10 data threads at once from an outlying county... sends email to eight county sites, asking for heavily polled data

@Morpheel Queue the level comments about clickbait. I’d do it myself, but I’m about to start Xeodrifter

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Haha, awesome! It's a shame you can't subtly kill everything completely down to just one thread in some way, but that'd be a bit more noticeable than what you're doing. XD

I'll have to see if my new job will let me run an April Fool's joke in the software I work on next year, but I kinda doubt it.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), SteamWorld Heist (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

Yay I beat stranger things 3. It was decent. Nothing special. Serious difficulty spikes though

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Sorry but I'm not a mod anymore so can't do anything. Just put the sucka on 'Ignore'.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I don't believe humans should be "culled" at all. That misunderstanding probably came into being somewhere along the line, when I sarcastically mentioned an actual glove snap not being such a bad idea.

We DO need to change our ways, though. And not just for the planet and ourselves, but also for the generations to come. The way that things are going, we still won't be able to do long distance space travel in the once expected generation. Back in the day, they had all these wonderful visions of the 21st century, and practically none of them have come true.

As for us humans: it's also not about being beyond the natural cycle, but they are outside of the natural cycle, because of all the previously mentioned reasons. The process of a natural cycle is literally a unified whole, where one species provides for the other, and the next provides for the following and so on, and so on. A continuous cycle of interdependence, if you will.

Just think of the most obvious example: animals and plants helping each other out by the animals spreading the seeds of the plants throughout nature, and the plants providing various kinds of sustenance to the animals. There is no such example when it comes to humans and nature. And I mean actual nature, not farmlands or anything. Which, by the way, is also an artificially made environment.

We don't provide for any other animal or plant in the essential meaning of the word, which is to keep the natural cycle going. As such, we are no longer a part of it. Pets and life stock don't count, by the way, seeing those are all artificially sustained cycles...

So, natural beings, yes. Even still very much a part of the animal kingdom (to clarify: as a class, not as a contributing factor), by the very definition of us being mammals. But part of nature's cycle, absolutely not. It isn't an opinion, and it isn't about what we believe or not, it's about the facts.

I do have a suspicion that your definition of nature's cycle and nature are more or less one and the same, but they're not, and that might be part of the whole misunderstanding. If you're saying that we're part of nature, then I'd partially agree.

Seeing as we are living, breathing organisms, we can't be anything other than natural, so in that respect, we are a part of nature, but again: we're not contributing in any meaningful way (if at all), to nature's natural cycle and/or it's food chain. And not just because we are an apex predator (we're actually nothing even remotely like that), because even those give at least something back to nature...

Some interesting reading material on the topic:

https://www.humansandnature.org/what-happens-when-we-see-ours...

https://www.humansandnature.org/nature-as-the-law-within-us

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2015/05/25/are-people-part-of-...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

If I poop outdoors, I’m fertilizing. So there’s that. If I dump a body in the water, I’m feeding fish. Oh! That’s it!! Instead of burying people, we’ll just start dropping them in the ocean! Or, use them as fuel. Crisis averted, you’re welcome.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Not sure if real life or graveyard keeper.

@NintendoByNature - Sounds like you have a real nice vacation lined up then. It’s hard to beat night fishing for crappie from a pontoon. Get some Peronis on ice, maybe some gross gas station cigars. Good times. Hope you enjoy it. Having grandparents on hand is clutch for parent breaks.

I don’t think I’m getting MM2, even though I enjoyed the first one. The sheer amount of games I already have, and games I know I’m going to get is absurd at this point. I have to make some sacrifices, I didn’t get Yoshi either. You’re swaying me with 3D World Tube Mania. I may buy it just to play that. It’s great that you can play a bit with your kids. I do a little with mine, but they’re still young for it. We mainly do NES games. It’s madness when they try to use controllers. So hard to watch Mario die continuously on the very first Goomba in SMB.

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee thanks, should be some good fun. We're trying to convince my parents to let the kids sleep with them. They aren't biting yet though 😂. My kids don't like sleep. The polar opposite of their parents. Just to sleep 1 day past 8am sounds like the best thing in the world 😣.

Yea it gets tough with Mario games for the 6 yr old. The 10 yr old gets it,but he's just not interested in smb 1-3 or even smw.. hes into the newer ones like the "new smb" games. Probabaly because of graphics. As for the 6yr old, I'm with You, its hard watching her struggle with the 1st level of any Mario game. To her defense though, She doesn't play video games nearly as much as i did at her age. I had a controller in hand no later than age 4. And those games were smb 1-3, megaman 2, punch out and a few others. So I knew them all like the back of my hand by her age. We play alot of dkc tf though and shes usually dixie and asks me to literally carry her through the levels, same when we play 3d world. Sometimes i just look over at her and shes fiddling with her feet or something, no controller in hand 😂. I say, " don't you actually want to do something?" She replies " no, I like it when you carry me through levels, BUT DONT GET THAT CAT SUIT POWER UP!!! SAVE IT FOR ME!!"

So Yea, I get it lol

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

It's already 11.40 p.m. here.
Still midnight, i start to feel sleepy after playing The Sims 4 PS4.
But i still want to play my Switch game before bedtime.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX an apex predator eliminates other predators.... Ultimately that's what humans mostly give back into the cycle.

However the fundamental difference here in our thinking is i see a culling as not only natural and imperative, but also inevitable. I'd we won't do it, nature does it for us. Period. Never fails.

And i do see that step as imperative. Endless population pressure is unsustainable. And every "solution" to that problem offered by the "change our ways crowd" always involves forcing the people that didn't contribute to that problem making their lives worse to accommodate the people that can't keep their pants on and breed like rabbits and created the problem to begin with. And that's where it breaks down. I'm not going to change a thing so THEY can do as they please and force me to live with the consequences of their bedroom activity. I wasnt in the bed. I'm not concerned about the survival of their offspring that help create more problems. Of they have a right to keep breeding and overpopulating the world long term, and force me to accommodate them, then i have a right to burn plastic all day every day for my own amusement, which ends when I'm dead anyway.

"Save the Earth" "change our ways" tends to be code for "restrict free choice from responsible people to accommodate 2 billion reckless ones that will change nothing.". Nope. If we're going to burn the world well all watch it burn together. I won't burn my world so you can have yours.

Your comment the other day if "only eat meat a few times a week" is a prime example of that. Humans are carnivores. Or primary food is meat. Foraging was used only add a stop gap between. Only work artificial farming did a non meat diet become possible. That is how humans have always lived. A demand to change that is an unnatural demand to live to accommodate other people's overbreeding. Similarly humans are solitary hunters, pack hunting when necessary. Cities and urbanization are unnatural forcing dense living without land between us unnatural and a result of overpopulation. Or residual from grouping to deal with a specific natural crisis in the past (Ice age et.) Force everyone to accommodate overbreeding of others. No. Simply no. And forcing me and those that feel the same to do that will require force. And then we're back to open conflict.... And culling. Which fixes the problem anyway.

conflict, war, or simply doing nothing till the world burns. Mass sterilization of all but the wealthy might work too. I'm no fan of China but i do respect that they're the only country to recognize the problem and accept the unsavory necessities to deal with it. Right it wrong at least they tried.

Either way. Either there's a reduction soon or a near or total an extinction later. Unavoidable. And natural ..

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

We just need to encourage more folks to swim in the ocean, aka the shark’s kitchen.
And drink from streams. Oregon trail rules.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

RedderRugfish

You guys have been going about it all wrong, the solution was here the entire time!

#MeatAndGreet

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Lucarianzx

So I have like $70 usd in my paypal account, and the eshop's having a sale in Europe, so could I use my U.S. paypal account to buy from the European eshop?

I don't like Monster Hunter.

RedderRugfish

So could Mario Maker 2 be the new Pokemon Go? Every so often a new thread pops up for it.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

StableInvadeel

Not until I need to delete at least 4 threads about it every week or so.

Romani Ranch enthusiast.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Will S/S be the new PoGo thread, though?

And how could I have forgotten the solution when It’s been in my rage the whole time?! Moicy me.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Tyranexx

Me: Yay! Relatively free weekend!

Life: Ehehehe....Nope.

Went to a funeral this morning (Wasn't planning to attend even though I kinda knew the deceased, but I'm one of the few who can run the church sound system. Nobody else was around) and worked on getting retirement stuff lined out for my new job for when I can start making contributions soon. I know that retirement planning is important, but dang is it so. Fragging. Boring. 😫

On top of everything, I've been fighting a headache all day that comes and goes. I even took a power nap earlier that (temporarily) helped. Trying to avoid painkillers but may end up caving if it really flares up again.

Tomorrow will be kinda busy, but I'll finally get to watch Aladdin in the mix.

HobbitGamer wrote:

We just need to encourage more folks to swim in the ocean, aka the shark’s kitchen.
And drink from streams. Oregon trail rules.

"Ma has died from Dysentery!"

[Burying and mourning the dead]

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), SteamWorld Heist (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic