Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,761 to 32,780 of 96,532

Ryu_Niiyama

@StableInvadeel Ah thank you, that makes more sense. I always find it interesting when people change usernames so often...likely because I have used the same one since I was 14-15. Well look, leave the poor cowies alone...life is hard enough being livestock.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Haha, great reply.
Now do Meowpheel, Yosheel, Morpheel and Delibheel...

But seriously, though: I'm actually more curious about the real explanation. For example: what's the preoccupation with always wanting to end your username in "eel"?

And why change your name so often anyways? Some people (not me, of course) might think that it's a character flaw or an uncertainty of one's self-image. Most pick a name they're happy with and which represents them or what they stand for and stick with it, throughout their entire online life.

I myself only ever changed my name once, and that was simply because the name I used to have, was never one I wanted to use in the first place, but one that was born out of necessity. And now it's the name that it always was supposed to be.

@Anti-Matter Update on your comments:
Black bars are used for spoilers. What you reported is hardly a spoiler.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Haha, true enough. Well, I think I can speak for most of us, that I am glad that it is indeed attached to us.
If not, some might mistake me for the long lost inhabitant of Sleepy Hollow...

@StableInvadeel Cow powder? What the...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX It was a spoiler in the same way Disney recasts new remake movies. Badum-tsss

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Is it now? If so, then what's the next one, huh, Nostradamus?

Eel

Oh those are easier. Morpheel is just a Zelda boss, which I think is cool enough to appropriate its name.

Meowpheel is meowth and Morpheel combined.

Yosheel is Yoshi and Morpheel combined.

Delibheel is just delibird and Morpheel combined.

With older name changes I would keep the Morph part. But lately I’m liking the Eel part better. I keep one or the other to make it easier to recognize it’s still me.

And I change them simply because I can. I am not attached to these names in any meaningful way outside of it just being my username gimmick here.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Lucarianzx

I think I remembered why I took a break from the Nintendolife comment section. Just reading the comment section of the review for astral chain was a war zone. The review was great though and I think I might buy Astral Chain.

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Probably “Lady and the Employment Challenged Gentleman”

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, at least we know for a fact that it's not going to be a Marvel's Spider-Man related fairy tale, because that one didn't end well for Disney...

@StableInvadeel Aha. Oh well, fair enough, I guess. For me, just thinking about having to change my name as often as you do, and actually having to find the inspiration to come up with something good or appropriate, is already more than exhausting enough, so I'll stick to theorizing about it...

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Four times a year? Ah, so it's also a seasonal thing, then...

P.S.

You can't go and say that four times a year isn't that often, if you know that you're talking to a guy that has only ever changed his name once, ever since he made his first online profile shortly after the birth of commercial internet...

Eel

Apparently, in the nearly 10 years I’ve had this account, I've had 11 unique usernames, and changed it a total of 14 times. Out of those, 5 changes have been to “Morpheel”.

Ah a trip down memory lane.

You changed yours In 2016. Gasp that's a surprising original username 🙊

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Haha, fair point.

"Off with his head!"

My first exposure to The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (and, by association, Washington Irving) was ironically the Disney film. Both it and Fantasia may at least be partially responsible for my fondness of legends, tall tales, and the macabre.

@StableInvadeel FWIW, I like your name changes. A lot of them make sense to me, though that's partially because Twilight Princess is a pretty iconic game for me. XD

You changed it when I was on vacation, so plugging two and two together when I resumed crawling the forums took a sec. I love the Them reference.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - The main source of my enjoyment is that I, like most humans, have experienced nearly all manner of door blunders. It’s timeless comedy, created out of thin air the day we started hanging doors over entryways. Since there have been doors, there have been humans occasionally making fools of themselves with these doors. Just like steps. I feel bad for her because it could easily be me on video doing something similar, though her performance is a spectacular 10/10.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Ninfan

Why would the new switch have controllers you can't take off

Ninfan

Heavyarms55

@StableInvadeel Hate to say it, but there is no such thing as discreetly online involving money - everything is logged.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

@Heavyarms55 no, that's not what I meant.

The way my bank account works, I can't deposit more than a certain amount of money in a month, that's fine, I don't actually earn over that amount, so it works for me just fine.

However, I leave a bit of money on PayPal every payment period, my dollar savings.

Coming the day they flush PayPal, if all my savings were to be deposited on my debit account all at once, it would most definitely go past the limit.

So I'll probably need to empty it before then.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Heavyarms55

@StableInvadeel Oh, huh, I've never heard of a bank limiting how much you can deposit in a month. What's the reason for that?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic