Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,661 to 32,680 of 36,846

HobbitGamer

@BacklogBlues You know there’s a huge amount of titles on sale in the NA eShop right now, yeah? Plus, when a company has a big sale in one region, it’s typically to boost lagging sales or compete better in that region.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

CurryPowderKeg79

Your correct @HobbitGamer about all the sells on the U.S Eshop. But it wasn't really about the European Eshop sells. Even though that's what my original post sounded like. It just got me thinking about all the extras the rest the world has been getting for their physical releases from Nintendo lately. I'm not really worried about Eshop sells. As i know the games that i want will go on sell here at some point. But the extra goodies will more than likely never come.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
DRAGON QUEST XI S (SWITCH)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

HobbitGamer

@BacklogBlues Yeah... there’s that 😅 UK has been getting some fancy physicals.

Speaking of sales, how is Xeodrifter? It looks interesting, and I’m on a Super Metroid run lately.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@HobbitGamer I played it a few years ago, but I remember liking it. It's incredibly short and simple though. But you can't go wrong for $1.

Octane

HobbitGamer

@Octane Good enough for me. Thanks!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Anti-Matter
Yaay... !
Cartoon to Human live action version of Spongebob. 🤣

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer xeodrifter is good fun. As octane said its short. 4 hours or so. But it was worth 5 bucks when I bought it on sale a while back.

Side note. Remember a few days back I struggled with the final boss of mana? Guess who's back in town, me and I'm at my witts end with appears to be close to the final boss of stranger things 3. And I CANNOT beat it. The entire game has been a breeze then bam.. its frustrating. I'm so close but no matter how many times I try I fail. The entire screen is filled with enemies trying to take you down and this piece of equipment. The equipment has a life meter as do you. So you're struggling to juggle both with waves of enemies non stop. I was having so much fun until this. Guess I'll get back in during lunch today and see if I have what it takes

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature It's like something doesn't want you to beat games anymore. Your games have become sentient and don't want you to leave them...
I grabbed Xeodrifter before I left this house this morning, so I'll try to give it a whirl at lunch.

My brain is already sleepy. Our agency goes by the state fiscal year, which ended 06/30, so I've been spending the past two weeks archiving and doing file clean up and sorting on my department's shared server drive.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

bimmy-lee

@RedderRugfish - I’ve seen your forum. It’s very interesting. I’m out on multicarts on the slightest chance they could damage my hardware. I don’t think it’s been conclusively proven, but the going hypothesis is the variation in voltage. There’s a lot of stories out there of consoles frying after playing multicarts. Was it the cart, or just the consoles time to fry? Who knows, but everything I have is my own, original hardware with memories attached, and I’m not going to take a chance with it. Besides, trash in, trash out.

@NintendoByNature - That stinks. I think the Stranger Things games are supposed to be fairly casual, but fun if you follow the series. Do you think you missed an item or an upgrade along the way?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama How....how did you throw away your eye?! I mean that's not something you leave on the table with used candy wrappers... (is it?)

Granted that's something that sounds like it would happen to me...but...still!

(Also this conversation probably sounds very odd to those not in the know )

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer ugh I know. The past 2 games have pulled this stunt on me. @bimmy-lee the entire game is casual. Which is what bugs me. There were some difficulty spikes at certain points. But maybe I'd have to fight a boss 4 times or so. On this boss, I'm talking 30 times(maybe more?) and can't beat it. There really isn't items or anything other crafting trinkets which provide little power or defense boosts. I've got them locked and loaded as much as they could be. I've tried every character available and none are really getting the job done. Eleven has gotten me the farthest but her power isn't as great at Steve's or hopper, or even max.. btw Steve throws ice cream cones at enemies lol. Yea his Ice cream cone throwing is more powerful than elevens telekenisis hahaha. I dk I'm just frustrated it's that hard. I'll try again on lunch though.

NintendoByNature

NEStalgia

RedderRugfish wrote:

bimmy-lee wrote:

I’m probably not a great source for you regarding multicarts. I’ve only done enough research to know that I wouldn’t put one in any of my old systems. That’s based purely on the chance that they could damage the system without even getting into the weeds regarding piracy or the rom quality.

While I'm against bootlegs to the point of writing an overly long and detailed forum post here about how to not buy them, I doubt playing one would damage the system. Even something like the cart voltage being incorrect might not be dangerous, though circuit design isn't my most knowledgeable subject so I could be wrong.

Only buy genuine Nintendo Entertainment System Game Paks. Look for the Official Nintendo Seal of Quality!

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Lucky for me it has been several days out so I'm not going to get knee jerk annoyed or offended at that question. (but it is a bit rude to ask that.) How do people lose their glasses or a ring or misplace their dentures? You absentmindedly put it somewhere you normally don't and then forget that you did it. It obviously isn't very large. I usually keep them on my night stand but I take them out with the same ease that you remove earrings. I've been like this since I was 9...it isn't something that I think about anymore.

But yeah, I don't tend to wear it on the weekends and I felt really bad on Friday so I took it out and sat it on a piece of tissue on my desk. I was cleaning off my desk Sunday night, and grabbed anything that looked like trash quickly and I didn't notice the weight of the tissue (and it didn't break the tissue so there is that) so I tossed it all. Since I don't wear it as much when I'm alone I didn't notice that I didn't see it floating around until I got up to go to work on Monday. I've lost it in bedsheets before so I assumed that it was just like in there (or on the floor, that happens too if it is on the bed and i knock it off while sleeping) and I went to work. By the time I got back and tore up the apartment other people had thrown their trash away, so even though I went dumpster diving I didn't find it. And at this point I'd never be able to sanitize it in a manner that would be acceptable.

So better to accept that it is gone. Wear a spare (which doesn't match but I have to wear something for an extended period of time) and save up on my HSA till I can go home next year. It is an expensive mistake and annoying but I refuse to be embarrassed for being an amputee (I've taken a lifetime of crap for that so f anybody that thinks they can say something now.). If someone is stupid enough to say something rude then they can get an earful or I'll just make a visit to HR. So far its been rather quiet though. I am not required to face our customers and I'm an internal analyst so people know not to come to my desk anyway. I have an emergency spare from when I was a teenager but looking "acceptable" when people have tattoos and multicolored hair everywhere is not worth the pain of wearing an ill fitting prosthetic.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama That's so awful and surprising. That's just really out of character for you! I figured you were at least as rigidly OCD about things like that as I am (and I mean even lesser things like watches, phones...) I can see losing it because it falls out or from transporting it somewhere and it slipping out goes unnoticed...that happens to everyone, but throwing it out yourself...that's particularly awful.

How "unmatching" is the spare I.E. would most even notice a color mismatch, or are we talking the "8-ball" or "Hylian crest" you were mentioning a few years ago?

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I'm an internal analyst so people know not to come to my desk anyway.

Gotta keep that fear alive in them!

I'd love to imagine that if you had to go to HR for someone being a $#@*) about it, you'd be allowed to verbally go off on that person in return. And then poke their stomach with a wooden dowel.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I'm an internal analyst so people know not to come to my desk anyway.

Gotta keep that fear alive in them!

I'd love to imagine that if you had to go to HR for someone being a $#@*) about it, you'd be allowed to verbally go off on that person in return. And then poke their stomach with a wooden dowel.

I second that people suck, and when they Do, you should be allowed to give them an earful.

On a side note @HobbitGamer @Bimmy-Lee just started my lunch break and guess who beat the boss in 1 try? This guy 😀

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia well, I guess one mistake after wearing these things for 24 years...meh I'm allowed. But you are correct I would normally be more obsessed about it as I get fairly uncomfortable being seen without mine in, like I was up at 3 am digging in a dumpster looking for it...just to stave off an anxiety attack.

To be honest the loss has more to do with my itty bitty studio. I have a box for them but I didn't see the point in bringing it when I had to car dwell (gotta pack light) and I usually toss them where I can see them. When I move it will be better, the funny thing is I noticed it was in the tissue but assured myself that I'd move it later...yeah I forgot. Oh I'm wearing my Kakashi Sharingan right now. Never did get that 8 ball. I need to revisit that.

@HobbitGamer I'm not mean about it but if you don't put in a ticket I don't help you. Period. I have too many SQL reports to write, and admin work to do for our accounting software to let you just walk up to me. But people have been pretty horrible and nosy in my experience and have made me cry once or twice so now while I'm in general very mild mannered that is my "fight me" button. I mean dang nobody WANTS to be an amputee except crazy people (there are people that are into that) so why give somebody a hard time about it?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama That really sucks...that's the kind of thing that would just gnaw at me forever, and I'd never be able to use the eventual new one without continuously reliving that moment. Is it totally rounded that it can roll around (I presume?) that alone would leave me paranoid about leaving it on any flat surface. Hindsight is...er...0/20, but would something like a plastic bottle cap from bottled water or something have made a suitable stand to prevent it from rolling (not that it rolled this time, but it may have been more visible than sitting on a tissue...) Ghetto makeshift solutions is my specialty!

Haha, I wasn't familiar with the character, but looking it up...maybe someone will just think you have bloodshot eyes. You might get people asking what happened to your eye, assuming the redness is an injury I knew a girl with actual red eyes once....I've played enough video games that I really should have known to take that as a warning sign, even if they didn't glow..... Live and learn....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer I have that same fantasy. Except my wooden dowel is made of metal. Filed to a point. With barbs.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic