Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 32,681 to 32,700 of 33,048

SheldonRandoms

Atooi had their games for 90% off before, which is how I got the Mutant Mudds collection. I've seen a lot of games have massive drops like that, they must've learned from Bouncy Bob, the first switch game on the eShop to drop it's price to a single cent.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Morpheel

Remember on the WiiU when the AWFUL Skunk bundle thing went down to 0?

I sold my integrity for the free gold coins that one time.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SheldonRandoms

I remember playing the Skunk bundle (and other skunk games) before it was hip and became free. That was a very interesting month for my Wii U.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Morpheel

The wiiu saw things that affected it deeply.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Hrm... “Howdy neighbor! Can you hop in my van and help me find my lost puppy? I saw it down by the docks”

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RedderRugfish

bimmy-lee wrote:

I’m probably not a great source for you regarding multicarts. I’ve only done enough research to know that I wouldn’t put one in any of my old systems. That’s based purely on the chance that they could damage the system without even getting into the weeds regarding piracy or the rom quality.

While I'm against bootlegs to the point of writing an overly long and detailed forum post here about how to not buy them, I doubt playing one would damage the system. Even something like the cart voltage being incorrect might not be dangerous, though circuit design isn't my most knowledgeable subject so I could be wrong.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

Remember on the WiiU when the AWFUL Skunk bundle thing went down to 0?

I sold my integrity for the free gold coins that one time.

As did I. Out of the five games in that bundle, three were serviceable/functional (but not amazing), while the remaining two were just plain bad. It also didn't take me long to catch onto the fact that different parts of the collection used licensed music. That was probably half the budget if it was even paid for to begin with. XD I wasn't expecting to run across Green Day.

I'm half-tempted to download it again (as I technically "bought" it) just to see how bad everything is again.

@HobbitGamer Ironically, the last year the haunt used it (my first year working it, but they'd used it before that), a cardboard sign on one of the back doors read "Free puppies" in bright black marker. Patrons had to crawl through it into the zombie area where a ton of us were from the serial killer room. Said serial killer had a drill-like chainsaw that people HATED. XD There were a few...erm...accidents in that van.

People have less control over their bladders than they think.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Morpheel

I see you held a higher opinion of the dev, I immediately doubted they got the licence to the music at all.

I personally have it downloaded, simply because I have all my wiiu downloads installed always.

Never know when will they disappear from that server.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

BacklogBlues

With the huge Eshop summer sell going on it made me wonder. Why is this Europe only? Why are you cheating the U.S.A Nintendo? We're the largest one country market in the world. And so far this year you've already cheated us with the Limited Edition Link's Awakening bundle. Mario Maker bonuses such as a steelbook & stylus and in so many other ways too long to list here. You get 42% + of your money from the U.S.A. So why are you treating us like we don't matter or don't deserve what the rest the world gets?

SOURCES: https://www.statista.com/topics/2284/nintendo/ & GOOGLE & COMMON SENSE.

Edited on by BacklogBlues

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
SHADOWRUN: SEGA GENESIS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

HobbitGamer

@BacklogBlues You know there’s a huge amount of titles on sale in the NA eShop right now, yeah? Plus, when a company has a big sale in one region, it’s typically to boost lagging sales or compete better in that region.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BacklogBlues

Your correct @HobbitGamer about all the sells on the U.S Eshop. But it wasn't really about the European Eshop sells. Even though that's what my original post sounded like. It just got me thinking about all the extras the rest the world has been getting for their physical releases from Nintendo lately. I'm not really worried about Eshop sells. As i know the games that i want will go on sell here at some point. But the extra goodies will more than likely never come.

Edited on by BacklogBlues

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
SHADOWRUN: SEGA GENESIS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Morpheel

Have... Uh... Shovel Knight on sale!

Wait not that was on Xbox 🤔

Oh right, the Atooi games are all 90% off. And the Ace Attorney collection is on sale too, for some random reason.

Eh! My gameplay videos

HobbitGamer

@BacklogBlues Yeah... there’s that 😅 UK has been getting some fancy physicals.

Speaking of sales, how is Xeodrifter? It looks interesting, and I’m on a Super Metroid run lately.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Octane

@HobbitGamer I played it a few years ago, but I remember liking it. It's incredibly short and simple though. But you can't go wrong for $1.

Octane

HobbitGamer

@Octane Good enough for me. Thanks!

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Anti-Matter
Yaay... !
Cartoon to Human live action version of Spongebob. 🤣

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer xeodrifter is good fun. As octane said its short. 4 hours or so. But it was worth 5 bucks when I bought it on sale a while back.

Side note. Remember a few days back I struggled with the final boss of mana? Guess who's back in town, me and I'm at my witts end with appears to be close to the final boss of stranger things 3. And I CANNOT beat it. The entire game has been a breeze then bam.. its frustrating. I'm so close but no matter how many times I try I fail. The entire screen is filled with enemies trying to take you down and this piece of equipment. The equipment has a life meter as do you. So you're struggling to juggle both with waves of enemies non stop. I was having so much fun until this. Guess I'll get back in during lunch today and see if I have what it takes

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature It's like something doesn't want you to beat games anymore. Your games have become sentient and don't want you to leave them...
I grabbed Xeodrifter before I left this house this morning, so I'll try to give it a whirl at lunch.

My brain is already sleepy. Our agency goes by the state fiscal year, which ended 06/30, so I've been spending the past two weeks archiving and doing file clean up and sorting on my department's shared server drive.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

bimmy-lee

@RedderRugfish - I’ve seen your forum. It’s very interesting. I’m out on multicarts on the slightest chance they could damage my hardware. I don’t think it’s been conclusively proven, but the going hypothesis is the variation in voltage. There’s a lot of stories out there of consoles frying after playing multicarts. Was it the cart, or just the consoles time to fry? Who knows, but everything I have is my own, original hardware with memories attached, and I’m not going to take a chance with it. Besides, trash in, trash out.

@NintendoByNature - That stinks. I think the Stranger Things games are supposed to be fairly casual, but fun if you follow the series. Do you think you missed an item or an upgrade along the way?

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama How....how did you throw away your eye?! I mean that's not something you leave on the table with used candy wrappers... (is it?)

Granted that's something that sounds like it would happen to me...but...still!

(Also this conversation probably sounds very odd to those not in the know )

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic