Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,921 to 25,940 of 96,530

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I Had to learn a great many things to get my CPC 😂

But yeah, it’s not a terribly disruptive med. I think most common discomfort is a tummy ache. Like most pain meds. Glad it helps some, the ribs are horrible to break. We never think about how much work a single bone or area does till it’s not 100%. Hope you can get some sort of financial relief though, wherever it’s from.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia That's a train, man...
And we have pretty strict overseers in our public transport, so if for whatever reason you decide to do your business in any of the means of transport, you will probably be apprehended and fined all but immediately...

@Ninfan No thanks. And I don't use my 3DS anymore anyway. And more importantly: I only game with people that I actually know, no offense.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows I have had this injury before, but the first time I broke one, it was during winter sports, so more or less my own fault. I always say that in times like these, you're never more aware of having ribs, or whatever body part is hurt. Normally, you're just not that aware. Busted my back on several occasions as well, and in those instances too, I was never more aware of the fact that I had a back, than when I was in pain because of it.

As for my personal experience with Tramadol: on the first day I experienced nausea, dizziness, sweating, itching, a dry mouth, and drowsiness, so practically all side effects listed, and I couldn't even finish my dinner, so my appetite was also severely diminished.

The second day was just dizziness, dry mouth and drowsiness, and on the third day, I was only mildly light-headed, and by now, six days in, I'm actually wondering if they're helping at all, because even though I'm sleeping a little bit better than before starting with the painkillers, I can still feel the pain regardless.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

M'kay folks, what'd I miss besides a Nintendo Direct announcement?

And who went and topped off NL's public transportation fund?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx I guess I'm responsible for that. Although it's only Amsterdam's public transport...
What you may have missed, is me falling in the bus, due to an overzealous bus driver, stepping on the brakes like there was no tomorrow, and as a result, I slammed into a folded bench, breaking a rib on the right side, and also suffering a rupture in the middle bone of my right pinky finger, because I unsuccessfully tried to catch my own fall, which resulted in my hand being squashed in between my body and the folded bench...

And that started a whole discussion about interiors and exteriors of public transport in Amsterdam.

So, there, now you're all up to speed again, ma'am...

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: Ouch. That, my friend, does not sound like a nice trip. It seems as though rest and probably some painkillers are in your future?

I've luckily never broken any bones (yet), but I have broken some cartilage in my right knee from a hyperextension and have dealt with a couple of nasty sprains.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx I'm on painkillers right now. Ever since Thursday. Tramadol, a so-called opioid and morphine derivative. Helps me sleep. Before that, the first two days after the accident, I only slept around 3-4 hours a day, because the pain woke me up every 15 minutes or so.

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "but as state of the art, and very sturdy and durable"

Untitled

I thought of that before I read Volvo so I had to put it there. I do like the older yellow models, those red ones just look too industrial.

And I don't recall what the buses looked like during my trip. Do you know WHY American college students visited Amsterdam in the 90's? Hint - it wasn't the tulips and windmills.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr "Industrial"

Yeah, the 70's and 80's weren't exactly the best years for ergonomically designed buses...
(well, at least not over here. And to be honest: most car brands were rather boxy as well)

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: Hey, as long as they're helping you get some sleep! I wish you a speedy recovery!

I'm guessing the words had with that bus driver weren't exactly complimentary.

HobbitGamer

I miss boxy cars and pickups. Just like I miss the overly curvy 30s-50s designs

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

I love drinking my gamer water (tm), while sitting in my comfy gamer chair, playing my gamer games while thinking about my gamer life with my gamer brain.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx I didn't have much time for words, since I had to get off at the next stop, so by the time I had recovered my senses, I just snarled a highly sarcastic "well, thank you ever so much" at him...

As for speedy recovery: depends on what you call speedy. The doctor told me that the rib is going to take up to anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks, and seeing as they can't put a cast around it, I'm probably going to have to be on pain meds for most of those weeks.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Complications? Thanks but no thanks. I've had my fair share of this injury already...

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows I'm with you on that sentiment. The classic car one, that is. Old timers are great.

ThanosReXXX

@Delibheel Well, then I'd have to do WAY more than get a few ribs removed. My athletic, martial arts days are FAR behind me, and having a job sitting at a desk for more than 40 hours a week for over 18 years hasn't really helped either...

Anti-Matter

Delibheel wrote:

Maybe a corset model.

That'd make for impressive before and after pictures

Walaa..!
Untitled
The winner of America's Next Top Model cycle 15, Ann Ward had a tiny waist.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic