Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 25,901 to 25,920 of 96,524

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

That moment when you misread dear as deer...

Hungary as Hungry,
Flour as Flower,

Anti-Matter

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "so I'm not to worried that she would potentially be holding this over my head if I don't act on it."

Better safe than sorry. 😉 You already waited too long to go to the doctor, don't wait to long to go to the lawyer. Fool me once... Though I'd go to the bus company first. I really don't like lawyers. Just be honest, tell them what happened, ask them nicely to pay the bills. Wouldn't work here, but it might there. That may sound hypocritical of me, but I only got my lawyer after the guy who was speeding and crashed into us and totaled our car tried to sue us. He was driving a big metal van, he was fine, but he lawyered up. I really only got mine to defend myself, not get paid, suing everything in site was his idea.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

@Octane Are you allowed to write something that short in here? 😂

So, get your Dreams beta code yet? 😛

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

ThanosReXXX

@rjejr Well, I would first have to actually GET the bill, before I can ask the bus company to kindly pay it for me. Over here, bills are charged afterwards, by means of the care company you're registered with, so you don't pay directly to the hospital itself.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@rjejr No, I've given up. I'm certain their servers couldn't handle the traffic, it was definitely a problem on their end.

Octane

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX Well I'd still contact them and explain to them what happened while it was still all fresh in my mind. Who knows, maybe there's a whole epidemic of people in your country hurting themselves on hard bus pieces and you could become part of a class action lawsuit. Or start a movement that gets the bus company to put soft padding on the hard metal things that break peoples ribs. You'd be doing it for the good of society.

Oh, and in case that all sounds mocking, riders on our railroad were suing over their ripped pockets.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2010/09/14/metronorth-and-the-li...

Maybe your bus company has a claim for for broken ribs?

http://web.mta.info/selfserve/pdf/customer_clothing_damage_cl...

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Vinny

10 inches of Nintendo Direct predicted for tomorrow.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

LuigibrineTheGreat

IKR!? FINALLY!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Ouch, that's a nasty set of locations. Standing-room-only on busses/trains is kind of the pits (except in Japan where the packing of human meat is so dense that there's no method of injury...... )

OTOH....that bus is GORGEOUS! It looks so clean...and nice....and new....and.....clean....I mean I don't even feel the need to take a shower after having looked at it. Busses here are filthy black stained nightmares where even the ones that aren't 1970's hold-overs look like they otherwise should have been, even when they're brand new.....they are not cleaned....ever....it would appear.....and the walls are lined with graffiti'd ads for pretty sub-standard services and products......

I'd be jealous of your transit if only it wasn't actively trying to kill you.....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, we also had those over here, about 10 years ago. But ever since they privatized the company (used to be owned by the government), they seem to have gained a far bigger budget, resulting in faster replacements of older vehicles. The model on that picture, is actually a Mercedes Benz Citaro bus.
Looks like this on the outside:
Untitled
And then there's also even newer models, from a different brand:
Untitled
When the government was still involved, from after the war until the early 90's, we went from these in the 70's and early 80's:
Untitled
To these in the mid 80's and late 90's:
Untitled
After that, the various bus companies in various regions became more and more privatized, which first resulted in this model:
Untitled
until they were completely owned by private investors and directors, and they were much improved, such as the models at the top. Same goes for the subway and street cars/trams. They more or less have the same interior. Trains are now also privately owned, and these too have been heavily modernized.

If you've ever been here, like @rjejr has, and it has been quite a while back, it will be quite the change for some tourists who are somewhat familiar with public transport over here...

And with that, we conclude our lesson on public transport in Amsterdam...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX Oh my, those 2 red buses are ugly. It's like they were designed by some WWII aficionado who had a thing for armored transport vehicles.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs DISCLAIMER: more buses incoming...

@rjejr Back in their time, they weren't considered as ugly, but as state of the art, and very sturdy and durable. They were made by DAF, which for all intent and purposes, is the Dutch equivalent of Volvo. They make trucks and buses that last a LONG time. Even outside the Netherlands they are well known in certain circles, in large part because DAF trucks also always compete in the Paris-Dakar race. I don't know when exactly you were over here, but you must have seen some of these models driving around. Outside of the city, they had different colors, for the various regions, but the models were largely all the same.

That burgundy red bus was yellow in more rural areas and in other cities, it was dark blue.

But actual direct post-war buses actually looked pretty good, well at least: if you're into old-timers and so on...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

So this is what happens when I drift in and out less often, huh?
Prime example why Tramadol and Google Images shouldn’t be used together.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows And what do you know about Tramadol, hm?
But in all seriousness: I'm in full possession of all my faculties, so no drug has addled my brain in any meaningful way. Been using it now since last week Wednesday, and only the first three days did the side effects of the drug bother me, but by now I'm already used to it.

ThanosReXXX

@Octane I already told him that:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

"Same goes for the subway and street cars/trams. They more or less have the same interior. Trains are now also privately owned, and these too have been heavily modernized."

I just didn't post any picture of it, since I thought I'd already posted more than enough of them...

Vinny

Looper was a great watch. Next I'm gonna watch Coherence and Edge of Tomorrow.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NEStalgia

@octane wow that's a nice bus... Looks like the newer MU trains....

I just don't get it... Where's the urine? The layer of black sticky "something" that coats every surface? The dirty diapers under the seat? The bottles of booze in paper bags? You Euro lightweights are doing transit all wrong... . No etched graffiti into the windows! No sense that i may get groped at random by someone of difficult to discern gender (or species)!

A

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic