Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,921 to 23,940 of 96,531

Vinny

We Love Katamari was a pretty romantic game with this song (that plays on the flower field levels, very fitting). Also one of the most fun titles I've played this year!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

LuigibrineTheGreat

If you are wondering why my pfp is Mythra instead, my D. Va love has had no choice but to go into permanent hiding because of circumstances I will not explain about.
My parents said that because I am 18 I'm too old to be doing that kind of stuff.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

LuigibrineTheGreat

@ReaderRagfish Yeah, kinda like that. (Don't actually have one though) My parents just don't understand that the act of having a waifu is very commonplace these days. "Get a real girlfriend!" they say. But that will be really hard for someone that's on the autism spectrum. (I am coming out with the fact that I have autism to you all) Also, the act of having a waifu gives me closure in a world where I don't have a girlfriend. It gives me the opportunity to love someone like that. It gives me the opportunity to embrace how weird I am, and if I hadn't learned to embrace my own weirdness, I would probably hate myself.

Well, I have to ask, for some who has never really played any RPG before (besides M&L), is Xenoblade 2 good? Worth the buy? Don't want to take the risk of putting it on my wishlist because I am at this point worried at how my parents will see the game. I am well aware and prepared for the "fanservice", but I'm worried that my parents will flip out and write an angry letter to Nintendo or something, because this is very new to them, too.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Anti-Matter

@Andrew_R_2000
I understand your concern about Waifu stereotype from Japan.
For many Western peoples, Waifus are considered as a Virtual girlfriend / wife that for them are really Odd behaviour in Western. Western peoples will ask you to get a Real girlfriend rather than admiring a Virtual girlfriend. They might call you crazy, but don't mind them. That's pretty common happen when someone meet something peculiar / odd.

I see your parents still can't accept something odd like that. Explain to them about "Waifus" / Female Blades inside Xenoblade 2. If you don't feel disturbed by big boobs Blades like Pyra / Dahlia, i think you can enjoy the game regardless of her sexy looking. But, if your parents still disagree about big boobs Blades inside Nintendo games, try to convince them that you can use Another Blades with less sexy looking or you can use Cool looking Male Blades to answer your parent's concern.
Anyway, happy playing.

Anti-Matter

Fooligan

@Andrew_R_2000 Maybe it would ease your parents minds if you got a real girl as a "waifu", like a celebrity crush instead of a video game girl. Don't get me wrong I love waifus as much as the next guy, but that doesn't stop me from liking female celebrities like Emma Watson or Anna Kendrick for example. I don't know any celebs your age though sorry. I don't really pay attention to any girls that far below my age range.

As for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it's a fantastic game. I generally don't finish a lot of games I buy unless I really like it and I finished XC2 in a month (well the main story at least). I don't think I ever completed a game that fast. There are a lot of female Blades with large ummm… assets (mmm... Perun... mmm) and some some questionable dialogue like Pyra telling Rex to grab her chest that your parents might not like, but it's still a great game. If you just don't play any main story scenes in front of them and only show them the battles I think you'll be alright.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

GeoChrome

@Andrew_R_2000 I would honestly wait on getting XC2 until you either move out or your parents come to accept waifus.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

DannyBoi

Can Minecraft not support cloud saves?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Joeynator3000

Hate to say it, but Sanya isn't stupid. lol
She doesn't even chase laser pointers anymore, she'd just look up and stare at me like I'm stupid or something. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GeoChrome

Going to pick up Katamari Damacy Reroll and Sega Genesis Classics @ GameStop today when I get back to Houston. Any other game suggestions?

Fooligan

Sanya_Claus wrote:

Hate to say it, but Sanya isn't stupid. lol

I've seen videos of Sanya playing with trash that would suggest otherwise.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

AxeltheBuizel

I'm watching the Gamer's Choice Awards. It's like the People's Choice Awards but for video games and no one looks like they want to be there.

AxeltheBuizel

AxeltheBuizel

@ReaderRagfish you know that pretty much sums up the show. It was so terrible, and I got the vibe that it was thought up by TV executives trying to cash in on people like Ninja.

AxeltheBuizel

Vinny

sips

Remember TTYD? Now that was a fine mario RPG title!

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

SheldonRandoms

ogo79 wrote:

@SheldonRandoms
it sure is fun picking on lz in the chat. he really does smell bad.

LZ smells bad for MANY reasons, such as being a QUACK, preferring Eevee's paws over Lucario's paws, and of course those many failed attempts over the years of trying to conquer NintendoLife.

Also so close to FINALLY being able to just go downtime without Grandma issues (even tho issues are now MOAR closer, but beats going downtown just to deal with said issues).

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

GeoChrome

@AxeltheBuizel They just took awards from TGA and added the dumbest ones. Favorite Retro Game Character? Of course it’s going to be Mario, who else, Bonk from Bonk’s Adventure? that is an actual nominee For anyone that wants to learn more about the terrible attempt CBS made at a game awards show, here is some more info: https://www.cnet.com/news/2018-gamers-choice-awards-how-to-wa...

Edited on by GeoChrome

AxeltheBuizel

@PolarExperience I literally remember thinking the exact same thing when I saw Bonk. Another weird category was the best battle royale game award. You can tell they were going for the "appease the masses" approach to the "awards".

AxeltheBuizel

Tyranexx

Wouldn't know about TTYD, never have played it unfortunately. One day if it's remade or ported, maybe. I'm not too eager to track down the hardware to play it with....Though I'll have to check what model of Wii my parents still have hibernating at their house. IIRC, not all Wiis could handle GCN games.

I've decided that, barring anything I get for Christmas, I won't pick up any more games until about March or so. My backlog is starting to get a little out of hand again. If only I didn't adore RPGs so much....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic