Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 21,701 to 21,720 of 96,531

HobbitGamer

@Alantor28 Oi, that was days ago I just ignore it at this point, in one ear and all that. Waawaa SD card saves, no justice, hold accountable waawaa.

@ReaderRagfish My dad's house in SC has that happen once in a while, but underneath the flooring. I abhor crawlspaces for that reason. My current domicile is on a nice concrete slab foundation.

Days left until SSBU : 114

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Alantor28

@HobbitGamer I see. Good to know. Honestly, DannyBoi keeps sprouting the same nonsense a few days.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

HobbitGamer

It's cuz his pipes are calling from glen to glen

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SuperLuigi111

Fooligan wrote:

I had moved my Wii U into my room when I got my Switch. I thought it would be great for VC on the gamepad, and it was... maybe too great. I stayed up way too late playing VC games and games that could be played with only the gamepad. I've since moved it back under the TV alongside the Switch and PS4. It has actually seen more use than the Switch this month, but not more than the PS4.

I actually think that might be the best justification for the Wii U is virtual console, especially since who knows with how the Switch's new service will work. I dunno if they let you download the games and keep them, or you can only stream them while subscribed.

Still, I always fear a new service will roll out for the Switch that will render all the money I'll have spent on Wii U virtual console pointless

SuperLuigi111

Illusion

@SuperLuigi111 I can only hope the online VC service is that great. Wouldn't mind retiring my 3DSXL and WiiU virtual consoles. What I played on both the most it seemed.

Illusion

Tyranexx

SuperLuigi111 wrote:

Most titles are just disappointing, there are very few must-have top notch games for the console. And the game library is dismal.

This completely depends on the individual and what they are interested in. While the importance of the Wii U library has been diminished somewhat by some games being ported to the Switch, there are still some gems to be found. It's also presently my main Virtual Console box since I've used it to play some SNES, GBA, N64, and even a couple Wii games that I missed out on back in the day.

FWIW, I feel like NSMBU is underrated, though I never did play NSMB Wii. That might be some of it....

As much as I like the Gamepad, I do admit that the comfort and battery life of the pro controller are more desirable at times.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SuperLuigi111

Tyranexx wrote:

SuperLuigi111 wrote:

Most titles are just disappointing, there are very few must-have top notch games for the console. And the game library is dismal.

This completely depends on the individual and what they are interested in. While the importance of the Wii U library has been diminished somewhat by some games being ported to the Switch, there are still some gems to be found. It's also presently my main Virtual Console box since I've used it to play some SNES, GBA, N64, and even a couple Wii games that I missed out on back in the day.

FWIW, I feel like NSMBU is underrated, though I never did play NSMB Wii. That might be some of it....

As much as I like the Gamepad, I do admit that the comfort and battery life of the pro controller are more desirable at times.

True, it does depend, but I think the majority of people will feel the way I do.

But yeah it's a great virtual console.

Personally I hated NSBU because you can't play as Luigi due to the whole Luigi U port. Which sounds great in theory except for the fact that all of the levels in his game are 100 seconds. Not a great way to honor Luigi during his year.

SuperLuigi111

Fooligan

Luigi is a busy man and likes to save his princess and get things done quick. Not like his lazy brother who takes all his sweet time while Bowser is having his way with the princess.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

SuperLuigi111

Been playing Super Mario 64 DS lately. Still my preferred version of the game due to Luigi. Luigi's powers and skillset were best represented in this game. Luigi should be in more of the 3D platforming titles.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

@ReaderRagfish

There are several things I prefer about the original for sure, sometimes I wish they would make yet another refined version, but I don't see it happening. It does get a lot of flak for sure. When I first started reading other peoples' thoughts about it on the internet, I was shocked, as it's my favorite game on the DS.

Playing the original, it was always my dream to play as Luigi and it happened, it was incredible. I remember all those "L is Real" urban myths in the original, so it was crazy. Plus, I enjoy some of the additional stages and bossfights, and the improved textures and polygon count are great.

PS: I love your profile picture.

Edited on by SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

Octane

Mario 64 on DS? Sometimes it's just better to pretend some games don't exist

Octane

SuperLuigi111

Octane wrote:

Mario 64 on DS? Sometimes it's just better to pretend some games don't exist

Bah humbug.

SuperLuigi111

HobbitGamer

I liked SM64DS.
I had arranged to take a half day and go in the office around lunch, so I could rest some. Clearly my brain had other plans, as I woke up at 5am. Guess it’s time for some Prime.

#MudStrongs

Vinny

Anyone watching Lupin III Part V?
It's pretty great.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

Oh snap! Is the demo multiplayer?? I could harass your game, like I used to raise exclusively Dodo birds in Ark on Xbox. Speaking of, where the where is ARK?!

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

Niiiiice. This pleases me.
Edit: Supposedly ARK hits on Oct 1. For $50. Unfortunately, I'll be getting ready for Starlink. So that may not happen; should've released in the summer like E3 said.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

Untitled
LOL
Team17 liked my Instagram post about my Overcooked 2 game just now.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

I asked Nintendo Customer support something about the battery on the Switch and they said that it is OK to run the battery flat. Isn't that supposed tobe bad for Lithium batteries?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Octane

@DannyBoi Yes and no. When your Switch is ''out of battery'' and shuts off, it actually saved a little to prevent it from completely running out. Almost all modern electronics have this feature.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic