Forums

Topic: September 27, 2014 is the last day Saturday morning cartoons will be aired on broadcast television in America.

Posts 21 to 28 of 28

LzWinky

4Kids is so ew. I recently watched some 4Kids shows and cringed at them

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I partially disagree with that. Most of the shows you mention are half-serious at best usually. Adventure Time has more adult jokes sometimes than you can shake a Rocko's Modern Life at, and a lot of the cartoons apparently have been doing more of the "comedic show with slowly unexpectedly appearing depth" type of thing, which I honestly approve of.

But I do agree that that is the type of thing that causes me to focus on anime nowadays. "You want an animated series that isn't wacky comedy? **** YOU!" Not to mention the blatant sexism that I believe screwed over Young Justice. Awful awful awful awful, not fun, goes back to reading Soul Eater

That's why I said dramatic. Shows that are trying to tell a story have diverged into "animation for kids only, and live action for adults only"

Wait what blatant sexism?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

...And still the internet chooses to ignore blatant facts...

To be fair, the OP did point out Broadcast Television in the title, which is different than Network Television.

One of them refers to affiliate based broadcasters (ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, NBC, etc.) that anyone can pick up as long as they have an antenna (or digital antenna, nowadays).

The other refers to the networks you can only get through a cable or satellite provider (CN, Nick, TBS, CNN, etc.).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

To be fair, the OP did point out Broadcast Television in the title, which is different than Network Television.

One of them refers to affiliate based broadcasters (ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, NBC, etc.) that anyone can pick up as long as they have an antenna (or digital antenna, nowadays).

The other refers to the networks you can only get through a cable or satellite provider (CN, Nick, TBS, CNN, etc.).

I have never ever heard that distiction before. I couldn't find anywhere else that mentioned this distinction, either, since I google searched for a while and couldn't find anyone else mentioning that...Broadcast TV, according to Wikipedia, which is the only one I could find who even uses that as a term, basically included cable and Satellite in the definition.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have never ever heard that distiction before. I couldn't find anywhere else that mentioned this distinction, either, since I google searched for a while and couldn't find anyone else mentioning that...Broadcast TV, according to Wikipedia, which is the only one I could find who even uses that as a term, basically included cable and Satellite in the definition.

I typed in "Difference between Broadcast & Network television?" (on Yahoo!), and the first thing I came upon was an explanation on the website of Time Warner Cable.

It specified "Broadcast" television, as networks that affiliate with local stations to distribute their content. Those local stations then air the content over both public airwaves, and via contracts with cable/satellite providers.

It specified "Network" televesion (or "Cable" television, as they worded it), as networks that directly contract with the cable/satellite companies (forgoing the middleman of local stations), making their programming exclusive to cable/satellite customers.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.