General Discussion Forum

Topic: No new games 2013

Showing 21 to 39 of 39

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

21. Posted:

Too late, I just bought Code of Princess for my 3DS and Scribblenauts Unlimited for my Wii U.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JeanLuc_Vaycard

22. Posted:

Fire Emblem so nope.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

23. Posted:

Does a Wii U even count as a real gaming console?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

24. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Does a Wii U even count as a real gaming console?

Nope your thinking of the iPhone and Android as in WiiU isn't gaming and the other 2 are

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

25. Posted:

Hokori wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Does a Wii U even count as a real gaming console?

Nope you're thinking of the iPhone and Android as in WiiU isn't gaming and the other 2 are. F!!!

Does correcting posts and slapping Fs on them count as a new game? :3

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

26. Posted:

Too late for me but in the future I probably won't play games anymore as they are a waste of time and when I get out of college and grow up I plan on not wasting my life away on videogames and lame stuff.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FonistofCruxis

27. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I can't fathom the idea of buying so many games, that you have more than you can play (I can't grasp how some of you are saying you have dozens games still in shrink wrap).

Even when I had a job, I would buy one or two games a month max, as I don't buy a new game until I beat the last one's story.

Same, I also only buy one or two games a month and I also normally at least beat the main story of a game before moving on but I sometimes don't if it gets too hard, I get bored of it or I realise that it's just a bad game. Fortunately that last one doesn't happen often as I like to do my research before getting games but sometimes I just move onto something else even if I am enjoying it. Although, I still have quite a few unfinished games on my backloggery as I didn't use to be as intent on beating games before moving on as I am now.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

28. Posted:

I probably could. The only must have games for me are Pikmin 3 and Pokemon. I still have NPC Pikmin 2 to play, so that would hold me over, and I honestly probably wouldn't even get to playing Pokemon until next year (though I don't want to miss out on the legendary wifi giveaway they always use to entice early sales). I guess it will depend on if it looks like they will do a Pokemon Z (in which case, I'd be happy to hold off) or if they'd do sequels like with black/white. Gamefreak really threw off my pokemon buying calculations with that one.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

29. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

I stole this idea from another site, but would anyone here be able to not buy a new game for a year? For those of you with a huge backlog, it would give you time to catch up and save money in the process.

There's no need to do anything so extreme. If someone wants to take a bite out of their backlog all they need to do is stop hoarding games and start playing them.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Omega

30. Posted:

I can imagine that very well. I have 99 games that I've never touched. (For GBA, PS1, PS2, X-Box, GCN, Wii, N64 and NDS.) I usually play 25-30 games per year. So it's enough for the next three years. And I don't bought a 3DS, WiiU, PS3 or X-Box 360. I have no need for them. And however, I'm not much influenced by popularity or hype anymore.

Edited on by Omega

Ωɱɛɡɑ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drawdler

31. Posted:

Too late. I already bought Rayman Origins. :)

LZBirdboi wrote:

pixelman wrote:

New Leaf so no.

I agree :O

Absolut.

Edited on by Drawdler

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

32. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I stole this idea from another site, but would anyone here be able to not buy a new game for a year? For those of you with a huge backlog, it would give you time to catch up and save money in the process.

There's no need to do anything so extreme. If someone wants to take a bite out of their backlog all they need to do is stop hoarding games and start playing them.

Trust me, I wish I could just sit around and play games all day.

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

33. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I stole this idea from another site, but would anyone here be able to not buy a new game for a year? For those of you with a huge backlog, it would give you time to catch up and save money in the process.

There's no need to do anything so extreme. If someone wants to take a bite out of their backlog all they need to do is stop hoarding games and start playing them.

Trust me, I wish I could just sit around and play games all day.

Obviously a lot of people (such as yourself) don't have too much time in a day to dedicate to playing games. That's understandable. However, it doesn't make sense to keep buying new games when you've already got a pile of them at home, untouched.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

34. Posted:

I beat most of my games so I wouldn't have to do this.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

35. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I stole this idea from another site, but would anyone here be able to not buy a new game for a year? For those of you with a huge backlog, it would give you time to catch up and save money in the process.

There's no need to do anything so extreme. If someone wants to take a bite out of their backlog all they need to do is stop hoarding games and start playing them.

Trust me, I wish I could just sit around and play games all day.

Obviously a lot of people (such as yourself) don't have too much time in a day to dedicate to playing games. That's understandable. However, it doesn't make sense to keep buying new games when you've already got a pile of them at home, untouched.

I don't see the problem with it. I'm not buying games just to buy them, I buy ones that interest me and that I intend on playing.

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

36. Posted:

I could stop buying games for a year, and I probably have gone a year without any new games in the past.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marakuto

37. Posted:

The only time this happened was in 2009, but my parents bought a few Wii games and I didn't find any interesting titles that year to get.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peach64

38. Posted:

I've almost entirely stopped buying games at release, with rare exceptions. I dunno if it's the same everywhere else, but stuff drops in price so fast here in the UK, even if the sales for it are high. You can easily pick up XCOM, Dishonoured and Far Cry 3 for £20 each now, half their RRP. I'm happy waiting for stuff to get down to the under £15 range. Before Christmas I picked up Arkham City GOTY Edition, New Vegas Ultimate Edition and Portal 2, all under £15 each.

I'll probably end up buying GTA V and the new FIFA this year, but I could quite easily avoid buying anything. My backlog (not including stuff I want to re-play) is.... takes a deep breath

Metroid (Virtual Console)
Super Mario Bros 3 (Virtual Console)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Virtual Console)
Super Mario World (Virtual Console)
Super Mario RPG (Virtual Console)
Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube)
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Kirby's Power Paintbrush (DS)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS)
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)
New Super Mario Bros (DS)
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (DS)
Inazuma Eleven (DS)
Jet Set Radio (360)
Bully (360)
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (360)
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (360)
Modern Warfare 2 (360)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (360)
Bullet Storm (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Fallout: New Vegas (360)
Gears of War 3 (360)
Portal 2 (360)
Batman: Arkham City (360)
Modern Warfare 3 (360)
Braid (360)
Fez (360)
Pikmin (Wii)
Metroid Prime 2 (Wii)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
No More Heroes (Wii)
Metroid Prime 3 (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
Kirby's Dream Land (Virtual Console)
Kid Icarus 3D Classics (3DS)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)

Yeah... I'm not buying a new console for 2/3 years.

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

39. Posted:

No new games in 2013 have my interest yet.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo