Forums

Topic: No new games 2013

Posts 1 to 20 of 39

brooks83

I stole this idea from another site, but would anyone here be able to not buy a new game for a year? For those of you with a huge backlog, it would give you time to catch up and save money in the process. Myself, I've probably got close to 100 games for Wii, PS3, VC and WiiWare that I haven't started or finished. I've got many games still in shrink-wrap. I don't think I have the willpower to not buy any games. If I see a great deal I will probably have to pick it up, and I am addicted to VC and PSone and PS2 Classics, but I think I will focus on my backlog and buy less games this year. How about you guys? Would you be able to not buy a new game for a year?

brooks83

kkslider5552000

If this was 2008 or 2011 I'd actually approve of this but I don't have the patience to not get stuff like Bioshock Infinite or any Wii U games coming out etc. I think I'm just required to get every Animal Crossing game also.

Regardless, this would be a decent year to catch up on old games maybe. But another major reason is I am trying to focus on supporting some games that aren't guaranteed successes in some hope to avoid the Wii sales disaster again. Anything can help at this point I would think.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

brooks83

I agree with you there. Especially with the Wii U, and most likely new consoles from Sony and Microsoft, this would be a tough year to not buy anything new.

brooks83

Splat

The Last of Us comes on this year so no.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Jani-Koblaney

I could do it. I'm tight with money as it is, so if I have to I could cut out new games all together.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

SubBronze

I simply cannot do it, I've already bought at least 5 this year alone (all used or really cheap)
I think I may have a problem...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

moomoo

Definitely not this year. With the slew of excellent games in the first half of the year, along with some Wii U stuff, and the advent of the next-gen competitors, this will probably be the best year for games as a whole since 2007.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SkywardLink98

I have somewhere around 10-15 I've started but not completed. I doubt that'd get me through a year... let's see... 9 more levels in GW2 'till I'm a level 80...maybe 10-15 Starcraft 2 singleplayer missions... maybe 10-20 more hours of final fantasy X... lot's more dungeons in Torchlight 2... 3 more floors in Torchlight... 5 or more dungeons in Cthulu saves the world... all of Breath of death 7... most of KOTOR... 80000 more rythmia 'till completion in Theatrhythm...I may be able to last a year but Steam sales always get me to buy at least one game. Most of the time more.

Edit: And I still have other games besides those!!! (My Wii backlog)

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

SheldonRandoms

I don't think I would ever do that, but maybe you could do is no new games for 1-3 months, or however long it takes for you to beat those games, a year seems like forever to getting no no games, plus the Wii U was just released and I want more games for that.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Birdman

Only thing really on my calendar this year is X&Y, and I start college in the fall, and I have quite a few games in my backlog (including Partners in Time and Sticker Star), so I think I'd make it. Of course, I'll still be buying games this year...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

LzWinky

pixelman wrote:

Pogeymonz so no.

I agree

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

brooks83

I don't have a Backloggery, but just a handful of the Wii disc games I have not started yet are Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 2,3 and Metroid Other M, Excite Bots, Excite Truck, and these are just the first party ones. Having a job and a kid will suck up your gaming time . I know I have enough content to last a year (or more) but like I said, I can't pass up good deals. And I am addicted to downloading retro games, so the best I could do is cut back a little.

brooks83

RR529

I can't fathom the idea of buying so many games, that you have more than you can play (I can't grasp how some of you are saying you have dozens games still in shrink wrap).

Even when I had a job, I would buy one or two games a month max, as I don't buy a new game until I beat the last one's story.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tricoloryoshi

Too late. ._."
Actually I just bought one today, it was my first this year. ._."

Edited on by Tricoloryoshi

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

Snagrio

Let's see Pikmin 3 is coming out this year, not to mention I haven't even bought a Wii U yet...

Yeah, no.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Ickaser

I think I could have done this last year, but I won't be able to pass up X & Y.

(Granted, I haven't played more than an hour each of most of the 3DS Ambassador games still, so I could probably last a while...)

Edited on by Ickaser

Pop Island!

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3108-0926

ShadJV

I hype too easily and cannot do this, I won't make it past Fire Emblem in February and that's at best. Besides, I really want to give Nintendo my money, along with quite a few indie developers!

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.