Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,061 to 11,080 of 14,348

Discostew

Drobotic wrote:

It was strange not having Pinkie talk for almost an entire episode.Also,I wonder what she was about to say at the end of the episode. :3

I think she needed a rest after Episode 3.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

StarBoy91

Hello, everypony! I've decided to change my avatar today to get in the spirit of Christmas; so without further ado, here's my MS Paint/Pony Generator Christmas avatar, inspired by one of the greatest Christmas classics of all time [Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer]:
Untitled
So, what do you all think?

Also, I didn't get to watch the new episode today, but I'll try to catch up with it later (mayhaps tomorrow via the Hub, or soon through YouTube)

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Twilight_Crow

So Trixie was brought back, it was a big fan service, and with big cliches. Yes people, it was a very cliche episode, and THAT is how you use cliches (also, no matter what they say, I'm sure they read the fanfics >:3).

Spoilers!!!

Ok, this episode was really fun, is one of those that make me whish the guys at DHX had more that 22 minutes to wrap everything up. Trixie was Trixie to the 10th potence thanks to that amulet (Alicorn amulet.... Alicorn... CANON!!), Zecora as Yoda was like, so awesome. Pinkie had no nose nor mouth for most of the ep, how did she not die? (and how did she play a tuba for that matter?) Who knows. Fluttershy was funnier than usual for me. The "magic is not the only way to solve a problem" lesson seemed to be directed at us who complain about how it seems to fix most of the stuff in Equestria, and I love they did it; and how they did it (BigMac diguised as AJ, priceless, and all those other little tricks, I'm telling you fanfics, they read them :3). A little more expanding for Equestria's world, Saddle Arabia's ponies (or horses? Still not canon anouncement about what they are?) seem very different. Trixie´s apology was cut short, I'm sure it needed a bit more, but you know, time restriccions; it was enough to show that she is not evil, just obnoxious. Twilight!! nuff said. But what shocked me most and made me laugh almost to the floor was the 4th wall breaking at the end, that was so perfect, so majestic, so well done, this may be the best episode ever just for that.

End Spoilers

An episode for the bronies for sure, thanks DHX we appreciate it.

Funny Art:
Untitled

@Discostew Ok, seems like a nice free program, I'll get it. Don't have any real sound program and it could be useful for my own projects, thanks.

@RetroBrony91 Cuuuuuuute~

Fic of The Week, comming up next.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

GuardianKing

@Discostew, @BlueAce127 and @Twilight_Crow What is this? Another Skype "voice-acting" call? Oh man... I'm sorry if I did not see the original post (yeah,I love my Internet as well), but could you please re-quote it, @Discostew?

@RetroBrony91 Great job mate! You're doing some pretty awesome stuff with very little (I say that because of my profound hatred for MS Paint, and out of amazement at what you managed to do with it)!

And now...

Behold! My masterpiece, which I have made from scratch!

Untitled

This took me so long to make too, but the finished product makes me smile from ear to ear :')

What do you guys think of this? Do you like it? Do you spot anything wrong with it?

Share your opinion, as I find it very helpful.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Drobotic

Discostew wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

It was strange not having Pinkie talk for almost an entire episode.Also,I wonder what she was about to say at the end of the episode. :3

I think she needed a rest after Episode 3.

LOL,agreed.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Twilight_Crow

FoTW

This time in the ==Fic of The Week:==
Cadance Night!
Untitled
I know we have some fans of the Real Royal Pink Alicorn, so for them I have a couple of short, neat stories about her days as a foalsitter. They appeared on Fimfiction's feature box, I was amazed at how well the authors nailed Cadance's character. These recomendations are for those fans who don't want to read giant novels but would love to get to know more about our dear Mi Amore Cadenza. Without more ado:

Not By Its Cover by applecinnamonspice
[On Fimfiction Slice of Life Complete Everyone]
Cadance is asked to take Twilight to Canterlot's Summer Sun Faire, the young filly has other ideas though.
A simple, sweet story that explores Twilight and Cadance's relation and a bit of their power.

Heart to Heart by Crosis
[On Fimfiction Slice of Life Complete Teen]
Some call Cadance the Princess of love, so she must know everything about it, right? Let's see what happens when young hatchling Spike ask her about it.
With a slightly higher tone, this little story take us inside the relations between the Royal familly and Twilight's familly, with a bit of humor and a bit of seriousness. Very well thought this one.

@Chrysalis Looks ok. Maybe the tail of your OC should be lower?
You would be amazed at what you can do with MS Paint, I have used it for banners, image blending, small drawings and photoshoping, like for ever. If only it had transparencies I wouldn´t have look for a new program for my photocomics, and even with the new program I keep going to it for blurring.

Aaaaaand that's it for this weekend, next weekend signal the start of my winter vacations yay.
Meanwhile, as usual thanks for all the content, and opinions and projects and stuff. See you all next time. .

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

TheDreamingHawk

I don't really know if I am classified as a brony yet. I just saw two episodes, one was the one with spike and the owl. (Forgot which one it was....), and the other one with Gilda the gryphon and Fluttershy.

Speaking of Gilda, I seem to be a little more obsessed with her than I should be... (Like I want to collect every piece of merchandise with her on it) Is this... normal? You know I like birds from my user name (If you didn't read the last four letters of my name you can't read), so I kinda like gilda...

Though another bad thing happened at school that irked me; I was called this a "parasprite" something or other for saying that I prefered Gilda to Rainbow dash (Don't ask me why, I just think rainbow dash seems too much like a boy...). I don't know what the heck a "parasprite" is, but is it some sort of bug in the MLP show?

Edited on by TheDreamingHawk

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Electricmastro

<3Scootaloo

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Aqueous

@TheDreamingHawk - It is and well bronies use the term to refer to trolls... Sorry. to hear it.

@Twilight_Crow - Thank you. Glad you like the avatar, it is for my BL but I was tired of looking like a grumpy Twilight here, so I brought it here too

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

My turn!

**MAGIC DUEL SPOILERS!!!**

This episode was very good. Perhaps the strongest episode of the season (if you don't count the two-parter as one episode broken over two 30-minute blocks like I do, otherwise it's still a close second). If the episode had any real misstep, it was in the ending and the road to Trixie's apology. She literally went from ready to torture and possibly /kill/ Rainbow Dash to get her Magic McGuffin of ultimate power back to begging Twilight Sparkle for an apology with how she treated her and her friends. It felt extremely rushed, as if they overshot the episode time and had a hard time deciding what to cut and where. It's a tough task for any storyteller. I can't help but feel that this was made to be a 2-parter, but the Crystal Ponies were deemed more marketable, thus they got the two-part nod.

Also, when I first saw it, Twilight "turning Applejack from a mare into a stallion" absolutely freaked me out. ^^;;

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

AlbertoC

Hi there. How have you been?

I really need a break. Could comment on the great and powerful Trixie episode that aired yesterday, but i had to study for http://www.jlpt.jp/e/ as it was today. And tough luck, as i'm sick and i barely slept yesterday, so... Yeah. Real life stuff, who cares.

Vacations start next week so i hope i will be posting more. Meanwhile, have some artwork:
Untitled
http://electrixocket.deviantart.com/art/Cool-down-321523955

Untitled
http://skalker.deviantart.com/art/Rarity-330615785

Untitled
http://hourglasspony.deviantart.com/art/Fluttershy-Dress-Jour...
Attention has shifted from fabulously-clothed ponies, aside from Rarity... Well

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Wildvine53

I'm glad to see all the great content you guys are posting, hopefully once winter break starts I'll be able to post more.

@Discostew Good luck on the project, I liked the comic, it would be cool to see it come to life.

@RetroBrony Nice new avatar, it looks great !

@Chrysalis Good job on the new vectors, the blue hair does like better than the white, but those are give me the heebie jeebies. Those chibi humanized ponies do look nice.

@Twilight_Crow Yay those Cadance fics are at the top of my reading list, I look forward to reading those.

As per the new episode, I really loved it, and it's probably my favorite episode of the series.

Spoilers

I was glad the episode featured not only Trixie and Zecora, we also got to see more focus on Twilight's Magic Training. I'm also curious to see what'll happen with the Royal Ponies from Saddle Arabia.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Discostew

Wildvine53 wrote:

@Discostew Good luck on the project, I liked the comic, it would be cool to see it come to life.

I'm not planning on anything spectacular like animation, simply because I don't have the capacity to do such things. All I was thinking of was doing the comic in a slide-show fashion with voices added in. Of course if this ever gets off the ground, gets completed, and someone comes around wanting to "enhance" it with animation, sound effects, etc, I wouldn't necessarily be against it.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

StarBoy91

@Wildvine13 - thanks! Your new avatar looks great, too! I loved the Paper Man short that played before Wreck-It Ralph in theatres, it was so beautiful!

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.