Forums

Topic: Iwata stopped by the house yesterday

Posts 101 to 120 of 354

Bahamut_ZERO

@Supersonic: I'm a supernatural being. I can do whatever I want
@Adam: Kind of reminds me of the (multiple) times Corbie's changed my name to "Bahamut SEVEN" for making 7/10 jokes

Bahamut_ZERO

Knux

theblackdragon wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

Iwata stopped by the house yesterday and confessed that he is the one changing my profile name to "weirdadam." He said he won't change it back until I buy all the NPC titles. Fortunately we were able to reach a compromise: Instead, I'm going to start pretending to like the It's Your Birthday game and encourage other users to buy more WiiWare games.

Ha! i knew it was a conspiracy! D: tin-foil hats for everyone!

@Adam
Iwata was lying to you Adam,because we told him to! We refers to to no other then me and Miyamoto! That's right,we are the ones who changed your name into weirdadam! We just used Iwata as a scapegoat.
If you want your name back to Adam,you must find a big plump chicken [cough,ChickenBrutus,cough] and bring him to us!

@theblack dragon
You have been listening to Iwata too much...shame on you! I knew that any Japanese man who's into makeup couldn't be trusted!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Philip_J_Reed

Iwata stopped by the house yesterday with an early copy of Punch-Out Wii. He wouldn't let me play, though, until he showed me his skillz. Turns out he was KO'd by Bear Hugger, and next thing I knew Iwata was on my living room floor, holding himself and crying. When I calmed him down he blamed it on the drinking we had done before the game. I said, "What, you mean that half a cider that you had?"

Then he left without saying goodbye, and this morning he didn't return my text.

The game looks cool though.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

theblackdragon

I've been seeing commercials for Punch-Out on TV lately. it looks fun, i'm actually interested in giving it a try. i suck at the boxing game in Wii Sports, though. D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Adam

I have never played a single Punch Out game due to a complete lack of interest in boxing, but the graphics for the new one look beautiful and boxing in Wii Sports was fun, so I will rent it if I can find it. Doesn't look like a game worth buying though. Might just get the SNES one if this one's good.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Stevie

You will never guess what i have just witnessed...I am minding my own business walking down the street when Iwata comes jogging past me with a pink tracksuit on, punching the air and shouting "IM COMING FOR YOU BEAR HUGGER".

I tried to calm him down but he completly blanked me.

Knux

I had bought the NES Punch-out! on the Virtual Console. I tried it out,and this game is extremely difficult. I can't even beat the first boxer. I guess I better give it a second chance.

@Stevie
I knew it! Iwata has some dark secrets after all!

Knux

Stevie

The good part about it was that with all his hoo-haa and with the lack of pockets on his pink tracksuit Iwata dropped his credit card which i picked up.

Ive just tried using it to buy NPC Pikmin from Amazon but it said insufficent funds which was strange.

Philip_J_Reed

__Stevie wrote:

Ive just tried using it to buy NPC Pikmin from Amazon but it said insufficent funds which was strange.

And I thought Nintendo was doing so well this quarter! Thank goodness you uncovered the truth.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

I had bought the NES Punch-out! on the Virtual Console. I tried it out,and this game is extremely difficult. I can't even beat the first boxer. I guess I better give it a second chance.

It will help you to know that Punch Out is NOT a sports game, no matter what they say. Think of it--seriously--as a rhythm/strategy game. You can't just swing your fists over and over into your opponent like you can in a beat-em-up.

What you need to do--and this applies to every boxer in the game--is wait for them to swing at you. You'll usually get some indication of when this is coming; they'll flash, or blink, or open their mouths or something. When you see that a punch is coming at you, dodge it to the left or right, then punch them. If you do it quickly enough, they will be stunned, and you can unload on them. Repeat until champ. Hope this helps. If nobody ever tells you the TYPE of game Punch Out is, you'll never get very far. That's part of why I was so bad at it as a kid.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

CowLaunch

Iwata popped round the other day, advised me not to buy Metroid Prime 3 just yet. Miyamoto bless him; this makes up for his blasphemy.

CowLaunch

Wiiloveit

Ooh - Iwata's sleeping over tonight! I've hidden a camera up above where he'll be sleeping, so hopefully I'll be able to upload any raunchy pillow fights we may have.

Wiiloveit

Knux

I called Reggie today and asked him if we will recieve an awesome Wii Shop Channel update on Monday like last week's update. He told me that we will receive Superman 64 and Stupid Family Bathroom Simulation Party next week. I just CAN'T wait to see those games!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Philip_J_Reed

Email update from Wiiloveit:

He and Iwata are giving each other bikini waxes as we speak. I can't wait for that video to surface!

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Wiiloveit

@SuperSonic1990 - okay, now that's just a lie. Do you really think that we'd be so stupid to believe that they'd release a game with Stupid in the title? I thought this thread was about honesty, and gossip. Not any more...

Wiiloveit

Stuffgamer1

@Wiiloveit: He must have meant "Super," and it was a (very strange) typo. After all, Nintendo just LOVES the word "Super!"

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

CowLaunch

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

He and Iwata are giving each other bikini waxes as we speak. I can't wait for that video to surface!

I think I can wait.

CowLaunch

theblackdragon

CowLaunch wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

I think I can wait.

i'm with you, oh bespectacled one.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.