Forums

Topic: Iwata stopped by the house yesterday

Posts 121 to 140 of 354

Knux

Wiiloveit wrote:

@SuperSonic1990 - okay, now that's just a lie. Do you really think that we'd be so stupid to believe that they'd release a game with Stupid in the title? I thought this thread was about honesty, and gossip. Not any more...

Oops...that wasn't the true title. The true title is Tingle's Bathroom Simulation Party. Ugh..I wish a moon with an evil face would fall on Reggie.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Philip_J_Reed

theblackdragon wrote:

CowLaunch wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Email update from Wiiloveit:

He and Iwata are giving each other bikini waxes as we speak. I can't wait for that video to surface!

I think I can wait.

i'm with you, oh bespectacled one.

Um, watch your mouth, please. This is a family site.

...oh, wait. You said be-SPECTACLE-d. Sorry. Carry on.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

theblackdragon

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

The true title is Tingle's Bathroom Simulation Party.

just when you thought 'It's My Birthday' was the lowest they would go re: crappy simulation games...

... * rimshot *

Chicken Brutus wrote:

...oh, wait. You said be-SPECTACLE-d. Sorry. Carry on.

but of course. :: innocent, wide-eyed look :: what did you think i said?

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

gameking23

CowLaunch wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Email update from Wiiloveit:

He and Iwata are giving each other bikini waxes as we speak. I can't wait for that video to surface!

I think I can wait.

I think this has gone too far. I'm not sure I want to know what comes next.

I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.

Wiiloveit

Hmm... after a few drunken... "mishaps", it would probably be best if I left the camera where it belongs... the fireplace. Anyways, alls I can say is that since this morning, he's not returned a single one of my calls.

Anyways, I presume this means that we're not friends anymore, so I see no harm in telling you all that he says Reggie's gonna unveil a new Zelda and Mario title at E3.

Wiiloveit

Philip_J_Reed

Zelda and Mario in the same title?! Color me excited! Good investigative reporting, WLI!

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

Will it take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, or both? Ooh...I don't wanna have to wait until E3 for more details on THAT!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Knux

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

Will it take place in the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, or both? Ooh...I don't wanna have to wait until E3 for more details on THAT!

No,it takes place in Mahattan and Superman is the main villian. He plots to brainwash the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule into playing Superman 64 forever,and Mario and Link must team up to stop him. The gameplay is a combination of classic Mario platforming,Zelda exploration,and going through RINGS!

Knux

Stuffgamer1

So, do you play as Mario and Link interchangeably, or do they each have their own levels? This game is starting to sound pretty AWESOME!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

SwerdMurd

You actually play as both Mario and Zelda, akin to the Donkey Kong Country series. By furiously waggling (for lack of a better, more sexually suggestive term) the remote for between 5 and 15 seconds, Link and Mario high-five (unless you pay for the fist-pound DLC) and switch spots. Mario kills enemies by jumping on their heads, while Link uses pre-pubescent shouts to rend the eardrums of badguys.

As far as I understand, there isn't gonna be platforming. The game is gonna be set up as a Choose Your Own Adventure text experience...each situation presents you with two choices. To choose an option, you must furiously waggle for 10 seconds, followed by shouting expletives into Wii Speak. Once the Wii Speak registers, you lean to whichever side of the screen the choice is presented on using the Wii Balance Board.

Boss fights are a collaborative affair, utilizing the Wii Zapper (player 1) and the Virtua Boy (player 2). Keep in mind, you must purchase the VB Wireless Adapter. Player 1 furiously waggles the Zapper, while Player 2 does their best to avoid eyestrain while trying to dodge the red enemies. Only the red ones, though.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a pretty amazing experience. I've heard Suda 51 and Mark Wahlberg are heading up direction, and the game is featuring the voice talents of Pete Samprass as Mario and Ashton Kutcher as Link. The game should retail at $49.99, then quickly drop to $29.99. It contains a playable demo of It's My Birthday.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Adam

No Motion+? I'm not buying it then.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SwerdMurd

@Adam

believe it or not, late in the development cycle, they removed Wii Motion Plus functionality so they could tout the Virtual Boy Wireless Networking Adapter. You know how Nintendo loves their peripherals!

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Knux

@Stuffgamer1 and Swerd Merd-
No,they each have their own levels. In Mario's levels,you compete against Luigi (he has turned evil) and race him by stomping a certain number of Goombas in a row. If you miss ONE Goomba you lose. To stomp on Goombas,you must waggle the Wii remote perfectly all the time. You also have to do it fast enough to beat Luigi. This is how all of Mario's levels are. In Link's levels,he is in a virtual simulation of Termina. He must find 8 pieces of the Triforce within a hour and a half or virtual Termina's moon will destroy Termina. The controls require the Wii remote and Nunchuck and they are very similar to Twilight Princess's controls. Oh,and I forgot to mention that Ganondorf is trying to compete against you and get the Triforce pieces before you do. If he spots you,you instantly DIE!
The boss levels are always ring levels. In these levels,Mario and Link are in a helicopter and must compete against Superman to race through ALL the rings. The gameplay in these levels is very similar to Superman 64. Oh,and Superman is invincible and he'll breathe his stink breath on you. The ring levels usually lasts about a hour.
The boss levels are ALWAYS the ring levels,even the final battle. The game is being developed by JV Games (who made Pong Toss),and Titus (who made Superman 64). The game will be published by Nintendo and it will be released in 2 months. It will have a demo of It's My Birthday and will be able to connect to the full version of It's My Birthday for secret levels.
It's a wonderful idea,don't you think?

Edited on by Knux

Knux

theblackdragon

Swerd_Murd wrote:

@Adam

believe it or not, late in the development cycle, they removed Wii Motion Plus functionality so they could tout the Virtual Boy Wireless Networking Adapter. You know how Nintendo loves their peripherals!

the only reason you do not owe me a new keyboard, good sir, is because i had just finished my drink a minute ago. well-played! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Wiiloveit

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Zelda and Mario in the same title?! Color me excited! Good investigative reporting, WLI!

I did what I had to. shudder

At first I thought that the games were separate though, but now you mention it, he did mention something about an Animal-Crossing style life simulator - so maybe they'll live in the same town? Either that, or they'll both be in that " Smash ing" DS game he was talking about with a bunch of Nintendo characters. What did he call that again...?

Edited on by Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit

Kizzi

Don't feel like reading the whole thread, but what's all this talk about a mario and zelda game together???

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

CowLaunch

@Kizzi
It's a fantasy borne out of lewd comments. Oddly enough I wasn't involved on this occasion.

Edited on by CowLaunch

CowLaunch

Kizzi

CowLaunch wrote:

@Kizzi
It's a fantasy bourne out of lewd comments. Oddly enough I wasn't involved on this occasion.

Darn! I was getting excited there for a second!

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Stuffgamer1

@SuperSonic1990: Isn't this the second time in two years Luigi's gone evil? He REALLY needs to watch his susceptibility to mind control or something, before people start calling him "the next Kain."

These guys are totally screwing up Nintendo licenses, though. Everybody knows there's no Triforce in Termina! Just Tingle. Which instantly makes Termina better than Hyrule.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.