Forums

Topic: Is Society Really Declining?

Posts 121 to 140 of 141

Machu

@V: Thanks, when I stop and think, I can be quite thoughtful.

@LTG: When I lived in London, and opened a door for someone, you could stand there for a whole minute while a stream of people shuffled through whilst looking at the floor. I hated it there.

EDIT: Celine Dion?!?! runs away screaming in terror

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

The_Fox

@Super Smash Bros. Fan1999
You like Celine Dion and yet you criticize other music. Sad....

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Metang

The+Fox wrote:

@Super Smash Bros. Fan1999
You like Celine Dion and yet you criticize other music. Sad....

Maybe you should try actually watching the video.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

Machu wrote:

@V: Thanks, when I stop and think, I can be quite thoughtful.

Then here's to more people stopping and thinking, like you did there. Our society would be in good shape.

Yes, so say we all.

When it comes to holding doors open for people, I do it all the time. Most people here in NY - supposedly the rudest, impersonable place around - say thank you, which is always a nice treat. When they don't, I treat myself instead and say "YOU'RE WELCOME" nice and loud to embarass them in front of their friends, family, kids, other shoppers, whomever. Better manners through humiliation!

Vendetta

The_Fox

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@The Fox: I'm more open minded to musics then you would think.

Really? From your earlier post in this thread:
"I hate the new kind of musics with a passion. Rap, hip-hop, metal, heavy metal, and even death metal are killng off more innocent type of musics, such as Christian, country, orchrastra, and even video games musics are being negitively influenced"

And more recently, in a response to Metang:

"I listened to that song is it is pure garbage! I am dead serious, I cannot stand it. Who in the world who mix rap and metal, two of my most hated genre of musics, into one? It doesn't work. The music is terrible, nothing works, they insulted females, and more. In short, it's the worst music I've ever exposed myself fully to."

It certainly sounds like you are.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Metang

The+Fox wrote:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@The Fox: I'm more open minded to musics then you would think.

Really? From your earlier post in this thread:
"I hate the new kind of musics with a passion. Rap, hip-hop, metal, heavy metal, and even death metal are killng off more innocent type of musics, such as Christian, country, orchrastra, and even video games musics are being negitively influenced"

And more recently, in a response to Metang:

"I listened to that song is it is pure garbage! I am dead serious, I cannot stand it. Who in the world who mix rap and metal, two of my most hated genre of musics, into one? It doesn't work. The music is terrible, nothing works, they insulted females, and more. In short, it's the worst music I've ever exposed myself fully to."

It certainly sounds like you are.

I don't totally agree with his first post: I like some rap and some metal, but certainly not all of it.

His second post (the response to me), however, I agreed with. Rap and heavy metal do NOT mix. It WAS garbage. Don't go bashing him for his personal preferences, even if he DOES like Celine Dion's music.

Superman wrote:

Oh, and Metal will never contribute to this country's decline. People who enjoy Metal are nothing like people who listen to Rap. People who listen to Rap are usually illiterate, ignorant, and poor (which does more to a person's state of mind than you probably realise). Metalheads are completely coherent, and actually know how to play instruments. There's a huge, huge difference. And besides, what would somebody who uses Mega Man as an avatar know about Metal? Um, I'd wager close to nothing!

This quote is disgusting. It's absolutely sickening. My guess would be? You're spoiled, your parents coddle you, you like metal, and you're racist. You'd be surprised how much of the population is black, likes rap, and is substantially smarter than you. Comments like these are much more indicative of our societal decline than all these "poor blacks listening to rap".

And btw? Morons listen to metal. People that listen to classical music and 60s/70s-era music are technically the most literate, successful people from a demographic standpoint. Not that dumb people don't listen to all types of music.....which also destroys your argument. Go scream your voice out listening to repeated thrash chords--I hope a skinny, well-upkept white dude mugs the shit out of you on the way home today.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

King_Elemento

Superman wrote:

And besides, what would somebody who uses Mega Man as an avatar know about Metal? Um, I'd wager close to nothing!

I feel this image is appropriate:
Untitled

Wii: 0586-8683-7141-4552
MKWii: 4940-9518-0566
SSBB: 4897-8741-8094

Machu

I never knew Superman was racist. Who the **** is this guy?!

Pressing 'the button', again.

EDIT: Such a shame, a thread that should be filled with hope, is gonna die because of repeated attacks, by those in the minority.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

SwerdMurd

King+Elemento wrote:

Superman wrote:

And besides, what would somebody who uses Mega Man as an avatar know about Metal? Um, I'd wager close to nothing!

I feel this image is appropriate:
Untitled

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that headbanging megaman just gave me an erection.

Most amazing animated gif I've seen in a minute....can't help but smile when you see that!

-Swerd Murd

Metang

For any of you who saw the comment that said I agree with Superman, that was my brother, using my account. The post has now been deleted to reflect this.

Wow, Superman. Two trolls in two days. What's even more hilarious, they're both bigots! Bigman69 is a homophobic and Superman is a racist. Just... wow.

EDIT: Oh, and you know what's even more hilarious? These guys trolled in the same thread! (However, Superman was trolling in a Nintendo Download update a week ago.)

Edited on by Metang

Racism is one of the things that is making society decline

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SwerdMurd

Yeah...sorry for my semi over-reaction there...reading that kind of stuff just absolutely sickens me--especially being a person who considers himself pretty educated, enjoys rap in addition to many other genres when done well, and having plenty of not-cookie-cutter-anglo friends. Apparently someone found my button

Never understood homophobia...gay people are really nice on the whole. PLEASE don't read that as a pun--totally intended as a compliment, not a gay-dig...what damage have homosexuals ever done...to anything?

-Swerd Murd

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Superman wrote:

Oh, and Metal will never contribute to this country's decline. People who enjoy Metal are nothing like people who listen to Rap. People who listen to Rap are usually illiterate, ignorant, and poor (which does more to a person's state of mind than you probably realise). Metalheads are completely coherent, and actually know how to play instruments. There's a huge, huge difference. And besides, what would somebody who uses Mega Man as an avatar know about Metal? Um, I'd wager close to nothing!

This quote is disgusting. It's absolutely sickening. My guess would be? You're spoiled, your parents coddle you, you like metal, and you're racist. You'd be surprised how much of the population is black, likes rap, and is substantially smarter than you. Comments like these are much more indicative of our societal decline than all these "poor blacks listening to rap".

And btw? Morons listen to metal. People that listen to classical music and 60s/70s-era music are technically the most literate, successful people from a demographic standpoint. Not that dumb people don't listen to all types of music.....which also destroys your argument. Go scream your voice out listening to repeated thrash chords--I hope a skinny, well-upkept white dude mugs the shit out of you on the way home today.

ugh, personal attacks are evil, thats probably why i am not watching this thread
EDIT: at least you apolagized, Swerd

Edited on by Zenman

longtimegamer

@Swerd- I understand you wanting to insult this Superman fool, but people who listen to metal don't deserve that. I'm sure smart people listen to that too (excluding this jack*ss). Though I assume you were just saying this to insult "^Superman".

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Metang

On a side note: Swerd, about your response to Superman. I listen to some metal, does that make me a moron to you? Just curious.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.