Forums

Topic: Is Harry Potter The End?

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

Noire

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine~

Just kidding, we haven't even had all the Twilight films come out, maybe once those are over we can have an end to bloated, overrated movies series about mediocre-to-terrible books~

plz plz plz plz

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Aqueous

The Harry Potter films had so much trouble following the books, that it bothered me. The Chamber of Secrets is one my my favourite films. There are more books they could try making into films, if that's what you want, say Artemis Fowl, Pendragon, etc. It's not likely the end but now a different book series will take over. Assuming you mean book adapted movies and of course something like Star Wars might happen again, were an original idea takes off.

@SquggleTail - didn't you use that in a pony related forum with different text? If so how many blank ones do you have ready to add text to and post? They are kind of interesting.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

shingi_70

lol. When is your comic starting.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Syrup

Untitled

@Aqueous Oh, exploitable...
Yeah, I did use it for that other pony thread. But, you can use it when somebody says something shocking/disturbing, or, you see something shocking/disturbing

@shingi_70 It already started! (Disclaimer: Must be AT LEAST 18 years or older.)

shingi_70

SquiggleTail wrote:

Untitled

@Aqueous Oh, exploitable...
Yeah, I did use it for that other pony thread. But, you can use it when somebody says something shocking/disturbing, or, you see something shocking/disturbing

@shingi_70 It already started! (Disclaimer: Must be AT LEAST 18 years or older.)

I'm one year above the Disclaimer.

You're right your drawings suck.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

RoyalBlur

Actually I'm not why of those people who just debunks a movie because it didn't follow the book to the letter. I am a movie buff and I enjoy most media arts. I still don't get why so many people made a fuss about Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Superman Returns, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Clash of the Titans, A Serious of Unfortunate Events and Eragon being lame.

True, Eragon is a bit of a departure from the book but nonetheless I still liked it. If I like something then that's my preference and it isn't nice of anyone to take me to task on it or mock me for my personal preferences just as I wouldn't do that anyone else out of respect for their freedom of choice and diversity of likes and dislikes.

As Aviator said, it's all about fan service. I enjoy reading books and then I love to watch the film adaptions because it's just plan darn joy. I don't think that Clash of the Titans has the same charm as the original 1981 classic nor does Eragon ride on the same saddle of perfect from page to screen as does Captain America: The First Avenger or The Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Lawrence of Arabia but it's still a ride worth taking for the die-hard film buff.

Seriously, when do you ever expect to see someone adapt a movie that is a precise following and adherent to the book? I mean really? Why so serious? That's never going to actually happen. I mean, if you want to talk about a horrible adaption of something then leave off Eragon and Harry Potter and let's discuss M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender or James Wong's Dragon Ball Evolution or even Charleton Heston's Ben-Hur which is a great deviant from the books but yet a classic movie all in it's own right.

I for one enjoy films easy come easy go and I'm not going to bash up like others do because I know that most film makers don't care to much about being precisely faithful to source material. I do think that Peter Jackson and Andrew Adamson did a marvelous job of translating the lands and peoples of Middle Earth and Narnia from the page to our eyes via film and I think that Andrew Stanton is also doing a splendid job in taking John Carter of Mars from the pulp page to the stars via the magic of FX. Again, lets not become technical about this, it's fan service and nothing more and no less and it's perfectly alright for the true fans.

Things like Harry Potter, Tron, Eragon, Avatar The Last Airbender, Peter Pan, John Carter of Mars, Return to Oz, The Chronicles of Narnia, Once Upon A Time, The SpiderWick Chronciles, Scott Pilgrim vs The World and Clash of the Titans are more than just movies, comics and TV shows to fans who consider themselves True Believers; this is something more merely a movie or a book, it's an experience,a belief, a cult classic with a cult following. This stuff takes us beyond the beyond sort of like a good clean acid trip if there were such a thing. Why do geeks and dweebs take ComicCon and AnimeCon and E3 so seriously?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

shingi_70

TokyoRed wrote:

Actually I'm not why of those people who just debunks a movie because it didn't follow the book to the letter. I am a movie buff and I enjoy most media arts. I still don't get why so many people made a fuss about Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Superman Returns, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Clash of the Titans, A Serious of Unfortunate Events and Eragon being lame.

True, Eragon is a bit of a departure from the book but nonetheless I still liked it. If I like something then that's my preference and it isn't nice of anyone to take me to task on it or mock me for my personal preferences just as I wouldn't do that anyone else out of respect for their freedom of choice and diversity of likes and dislikes.

As Aviator said, it's all about fan service. I enjoy reading books and then I love to watch the film adaptions because it's just plan darn joy. I don't think that Clash of the Titans has the same charm as the original 1981 classic nor does Eragon ride on the same saddle of perfect from page to screen as does Captain America: The First Avenger or The Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Lawrence of Arabia but it's still a ride worth taking for the die-hard film buff.

Seriously, when do you ever expect to see someone adapt a movie that is a precise following and adherent to the book? I mean really? Why so serious? That's never going to actually happen. I mean, if you want to talk about a horrible adaption of something then leave off Eragon and Harry Potter and let's discuss M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender or James Wong's Dragon Ball Evolution or even Charleton Heston's Ben-Hur which is a great deviant from the books but yet a classic movie all in it's own right.

I for one enjoy films easy come easy go and I'm not going to bash up like others do because I know that most film makers don't care to much about being precisely faithful to source material. I do think that Peter Jackson and Andrew Adamson did a marvelous job of translating the lands and peoples of Middle Earth and Narnia from the page to our eyes via film and I think that Andrew Stanton is also doing a splendid job in taking John Carter of Mars from the pulp page to the stars via the magic of FX. Again, lets not become technical about this, it's fan service and nothing more and no less and it's perfectly alright for the true fans.

But Eragon was a crappy book in first place.

Also you kinda devalidated your first part by featuring scott pilgrim. That movie was critically Loved but bombed in theaters.

The rest of the movies on the list were Average films.

Captain America follows the comic pretty closely if your following the Ultimate universe.

WAT!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

JayArr wrote:

Yes, Harry Potter will be the last good movie ever made. No one in existence now or in the future will ever create another movie worth watching. They might as well shut down Hollywood and every theater in the world cause it's the end!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

theblackdragon

shingi_70 wrote:

that kind of thing, it's not about being technically beautiful so much as it is being funny, and that was funny :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

shingi_70

theblackdragon wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

that kind of thing, it's not about being technically beautiful so much as it is being funny, and that was funny :3

Its a line from one of the comics on his tumblr. =p

WAT!

StreetRat

shingi_70 wrote:

Magi wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The Marvel movieverse has the potential.

I'm more into the Indie scene now. (that sounds pretentious)

Would love to see more movies in the vain of Drive,Blade runner, and aliens.

I'd agree with of each of these points. The Avengers is on the way and it HAS to be a blockbuster. You can't cram that much awesome into one movie and it still disappoint I hope.

For all of the crap that some people give Netflix, It's been a huge source of "alternative" viewing pleasure for me. For example, I probably would never have watched the unknown to me movies like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. A FANTASTIC flick imo. It might not be considered an "indie" but its definately outside the scope of my mainstream viewing.
With Prometheus on the way, I'll get my Alien fix. The whole Alien series is one of my favorites and I'm glad it's continuing.

I don't really have anything to complain about with regards to movies being released. Things are being done now that I would never have dreamed possible 10 years ago and I continuously find myself entertained. Now if they could just make a sequel to The 13th Warrior...

Man I really Want to watch the girl with the dragon tattoo (either one) but I won't till i finish the book. I started in the summer and got halfway through until I couldn't take reading on my phone screen anymore. Luckily i'm getting a Kindle for christmas.

Netflix has been heaven for Foreign film lovers.

One film I reccomend to everyone is "enter the void". While I've been getting into more serious film I have to say i wouldn't mind the comback of the 80s action movie.

Enter the Void is spectacular. As was Drive. Now, everyone should check out the movies Moon and Fantastic Mr. Fox. Easily some of the best movies I've seen.

Anyways, in regards to the topic, I hope something tops HP, because I dislike it's entirety except for the Prisoner of Azkaban. The Marvelverse has the potential, as does Star Wars (if Lucas actually does rerelease the entire series and makes episodes 7, 8, and 9) However, I find the best movies are rarely tied down to franchises: Movies that are great in their own right. Independent and Foreign films are great for this purpose, but there's also the occasional big budget/wide release film that hits the mark. For example, Schindler's List.

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.