Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,657

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Oh boy, Dark Souls. Another franchise I'd kinda like to try but know I'd regret almost immediately. That WOULD cause an aneurysm. XD

Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII (3DS), Ori and the Blind Forest (Switch), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx let's put it this way, if You think hollow knight is extremely difficult, DS basically sits back, has a drink, and laughs at HK.. Maybe give it a shot if you know someone who has it instead of buying it. Who knows you might like it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I'd borrow it and do a Let's Play: "1001 Ways To Die Horribly in Dark Souls". XD

Hollow Knight barely crosses my line. DS is miles past it, based off of footage I've seen.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII (3DS), Ori and the Blind Forest (Switch), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

NotTelevision

@Tyranexx DS is a hard game, but itโ€™s tough not to recommend if youโ€™ve never experienced it. Iโ€™d put it up there with Doom and Resident Evil 4 for best combat system in a 3D action game.

NotTelevision

Fastback

I beat the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt for the third time

Fastback

Xyphon22

I just beat Unravel 2 after a number of people on here recommended it. I have absolutely no idea what was going on story-wise, but the gameplay and the visuals were great. And being an indie game done by EA, the credits lasted longer than it took me to beat the game, but it was still fun while it lasted.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tyranexx

@NotTelevision I'll possibly borrow the game or pick it up for cheap down the line. It's not very high on my priority list right now.

Xyphon22

@NintendoByNature It won't tell me my play time since I only first played it 3 days ago, but that should probably emphasize how short it is. I would guess in the 3-4 hour range, but I usually think I have played less than I actually have, so it might be more than that. There are only 7 main levels, but they all have medals for getting all the collectibles, beating it without dying, and beating it in a certain time, and I got very few of those. There are also an additional 20 challenge stages, but I have done 8 of those and they only take 5-10 minutes each if that long. So there is a bit to go back and lengthen the play time if you are into 100% completion.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 good to know. I welcome shortened games actually so i might be able to squeeze this in soon.

klingki

Finished another two short games recently.

The first was puzzle-platformer 6180 the moon. I had a good time with this one. The graphics and gameplay mechanics are refreshingly simple, and the music is fantastic. It plays sort of like a simplified Celeste, with tricky platforming where you will die a lot, but then instantly respawn to try again. The main difference is that every jump will take you off the top of the screen where you will loop back down to the bottom of the screen. It allows for some pretty unique ways to navigate through the levels. I think overall it was much easier than Celeste, and the checkpoints made it pretty forgiving. But even though you still die a lot, I never found myself getting as frustrated as I did in Celeste. I think it's due to the calming music, and the fact that it didn't seem as daunting, so I knew it wouldn't take me too long to eventually overcome what I was stuck on. I'd probably give it in the 7.5-8/10 range for what it is.

The other game I beat is Limbo. Now for some reason I had watched a let's play of this game a while back, and I oddly remembered a lot of the puzzles from it, so it ended up not being as challenging for me as it might be for most people (except for the secret level which I never saw before, and oh man was that a pain). I also saw the ending in the let's play and had read a lot of the theories about it, so beating it also didn't really have the same impact on me that it might for others. But overall I could still see why this is such an acclaimed game. The atmosphere is very unsettling, and the puzzles are really well done. I'd say it's probably an 8/10 for me. Maybe would have been higher had I not spoiled it for myself.

klingki

NintendoByNature

Finished New Super Mario Bros DS on Wii u. I had a good time with it. No complaints, just your standard Mario bros platforming game that doesn't stray too far from its roots, which is a good thing.

I have a few more Wii u games on my list to finish, but they're mostly vc, and my switch backlog is real. So I've decided to hold off on anymore vc games for a few weeks to catch up on some of my switch titles. I'm probabaly half thru the witcher 3, so ill be at that for a while. With that said, I'm either going to start on RE5, SP: Fractured but Whole, AC: Rogue, or Darksiders 2. I'm leaning towards re5 or AC since they're both shorter games ๐Ÿค”

NotTelevision

@klingki Limbo was an original game for the time. Particularly the art style that looked unlike anything from that year. I remember being really drawn to it when I got it on the 360.

Now there are so many atmospheric puzzle-platformers out there, but I think a fair bit owe a debt to Limbo and its success.

NotTelevision

klingki

@NotTelevision Yeah, it's pretty interesting because I've never played the game until now, and playing a lot of similar games concurrently on the Switch, you can see how much they have in common. But then when you remember that Limbo game out in like 2010, it's pretty clear the influence that it had. And it still holds up against everything else, even though it was one of the firsts of its kind, and all the other games have had ample time to tweak and update the formula.

klingki

JoeDiddley

I finished SMT IV (chaos route) this week. Fantastic game but harder with SMT games to give immediate impressions. The gameplay is fantastic, my favourite turn based battle system. But the themes and story are usually something that mean more when I think about them later, they take a while to settle.

One thing about the ending bothered me, but I guess that's a spoiler for a 7 year old game.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
3DS: 5327-0913-7260

Zeldafan79

Well the game isn't recent but i recently beat an Nes game for the first time! Yeah i still play my Nes. Wanna fight about it? Anyway it's a shooter called Abadox. It's similar to another awesome one you might have heard of called Life force!

Zeldafan79

Late

I would like to get back to SMT IV. I know there are multiples routes and I'm yet to finish one. I'm pretty sure I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do next, back when I dropped it, and I've since tried to get back to it twice. Last time I did, I stumbled upon some really hard battle and I was immediately wiped out. Haven't tried since. I think I'm about 40 hours in. I really liked the game back when I got it but it's also really hard to get back into.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

JoeDiddley

It's hard picking up games half way through. I've just gone back to Etrian Odyssey Nexus where I left it 25 hours in. I thought it would be fine as the gameplay doesn't really change but it took a few hours to re climatise.

SMT IV I felt constantly lost when playing it, and the demons were tough. So I can imagine it'd be hard to pick up 40 hours in. You could get back into it in an easier area to re familiarise yourself, and you'd probably gain a few levels at the same time.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
3DS: 5327-0913-7260

OorWullie

I just beat the original Doom for the first time and loved every minute of it. I played through it on Hurt Me Plenty, which was tough but fair. I had to make the most of the quick save state in the 4th episode though, especially Map 1. I'm not done with it yet though, I'm going to play through the unofficial 5th episode,Sigil.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic