Forums

Topic: Game Grumps General Discussion

Posts 221 to 224 of 224

TheKingOfTown

I personally think Game Grumps has improved with Danny. The ones with him in it are far more consistent than the Jon ones. Some episodes with Jon didn't even get me to smirk. However, when it was a good episode, it was a GOOD episode. But, I digress.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

RevolverLink

I only watched Game Grumps sporadically before the change (Jon-era Grumps was always super hit-or-miss with me), but now watching Game Grumps/Steam Train has become part of my daily routine and it's very rare that an episode doesn't get at least one laugh out of me.

I actually have the whole big "Danny-replaces-JonTron" fiasco to thank for me getting into GG; some people were freaking out so much by the change back when it happened that I decided to see for myself what all the fuss was about and how different the show was with a new personality, and it didn't take very long for me to realize that Danny-era Grumps was (and is) my favorite internet show.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

DanielPah

I just signed up for this forum after reading through this thread.

I actually knew Arin for a while. Just thought I would share.

I was dating one of Suzannah's (She went by Suzannah back then, im not sure when she decided to shorten it to suzy) cousins, Ellen. We were a lot younger than Arin and Suzy. In the christmas of 2007, Ellen asked me to come to her family's Christmas for a few hours. I spent the morning with my family, then I was dropped off at Suzannah's mother's house (her parents are separated). I talked to the family, opened presents, the usual. Overall, the family was great. I met Arin a bit later into the evening, he was incredibly shy and wasnt drinking like the rest of the adults (I was underage at the time). He also had longer hair. Ellen and I began to chat with him, I thought he was very strange. Suzannah joined us and the four of us chatted most of the night. As the conversation continued he become a bit more open and he began to make jokes. Funnily enough, he didnt talk about games at all. Which, is kind of strange considering how he's built a career around them! I think he thought I was older than I was.

Anyway, at the end of the night we organised to hangout the next day with Ellen and Suzannah. A double date. We went to see a movie. I unfortunately cant remember exactly what it was. I think it may have been Juno, but i looked it up and the film came out in September, months before Christmas. Anyway, the next day, boxing day, we went to a shopping centre, sadly I cant remember which venue it was. After the movie he suggested we hangout again. We exchanged numbers, but he never called. I assumed he was too shy.

A few months later Ellen broke up with me and I never saw her family again. I had only met Suzannah a couple of times, but she came off as really kind. She was also really picky with food, again, not sure why I remember that kind of stuff. Arin was very different to who he is now. I remember him being shy and didnt seem like he had much confidence. His voice was also really deep! Much deeper than it is in his animations. Im not sure what happened to it. Also, for some reason I swear I remember him saying was commencing his final year of a physics degree. After watching his videos, I dont think this is true. Either he was lying or memory, yet again, has escaped me. Probably the latter.

Anyway, I think his popularity has really allowed him to come out of his shell.

DanielPah

Electricmastro

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I personally think Game Grumps has improved with Danny. The ones with him in it are far more consistent than the Jon ones. Some episodes with Jon didn't even get me to smirk. However, when it was a good episode, it was a GOOD episode. But, I digress.

I think the best way to put it is that the Jon & Arin duo have the best competitive chemistry while the Danny & Arin duo have the best compatible chemistry.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.