Forums

Topic: Game Grumps General Discussion

Posts 201 to 220 of 224

FriedSquid

This is really disappointing. I'm a big JonTron fan, and even though I like his videos, I don't mind if he hasn't made any in a while. I enjoy him on Game Grumps everyday much more anyways, but thanks to everyone whining about him not making more videos, we all have to say goodbye to him. I hope they're happy, Game Grumps isn't gonna be the same again. I'll give the new guy a chance but I already don't like him.

Alas, farewell Not-So-Grump.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Garo

Based on his first appearance, Danny can be just as funny as Jon so I'm not really upset about this change. I'd just hoped that Jon would at least finish Sonic '06 and Chulip with Arin.

Garo

kkslider5552000

This is honestly for the best. And I'll be surprised if he isn't back occasionally.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I don't care for Game Grumps anymore. Screw it, I'm leaving with John.

I may just be in the same boat.

ALSO WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS SACRED IS STEAM TRAIN
AND WHY

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Electricmastro

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This is honestly for the best. And I'll be surprised if he isn't back occasionally.

What exactly do you mean when you say "for the best"?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

FriedSquid

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I would not say that at all. I'd rather have them tone it down a notch on how much content they make for now, even to a full stop, to give Jon time to make new videos. I would never call this best, this is the worst. I was hoping this wouldn't happen, but it did. Honestly, if they kept Jon for a bit, finished up some series real quick and then brought Game Grumps to an end forever so that the two of them could carry on with their own things, I would be fine with that, really, I would. They would be stopping it for a valid reason, so while I respect and agree with Jon's decision, I think that continuing the show with Dan is almost insulting. I have no clue who this guy is, and I don't like him. I would much rather have Barry or even Suzy or someone I'm familiar with step in. But aside from that, the worst part is the way this whole thing was handled. I was excited to go watch some Grumps today, only to find that Jon was gone. Like, that's really dumb. I would have at least liked it if they said something about it before it happened. They can't expect people to not get md about this...

sigh
Sorry, long rant. But even though it's rather dumb, I'm unsubscribing from them. I'm not interested in the content they're gonna be putting out from this point.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

edhe

I actually had a dream about JonTron last night. It's obviously affected me more than I originally thought it would.

Though I do prefer JonTron, I am dissapointed at the dislike-bombing the new videos are getting - particularly the new Steam Train series. Then again, I'm not really a fan of that first episode: Steam Train - Hotline Miami - it's pretty awful.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

GamecubeMan

Am I the only one here that thinks their style of Let's Plays is sloppy and kinda lazy......

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

GamecubeMan wrote:

Am I the only one here that thinks their style of Let's Plays is sloppy and kinda lazy......

I've found plenty of let's players with ghetto microphone/video quality, and boring/intolerable personalities...Jon & Arin don't seem like one of those people...

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

SubBronze

Just watched the Super Mario Bros. 2 episode that got uploaded, and I was very happy with it. Danny's no Jon, but that was a very good episode, along with the Punch Out one. I can get used to Danny

But Steam Train, that needs a LOT of work... Maybe its just their inexperience, or the fact the tutorial guy was just too hard not to make fun of, but unless it gets better I think I'll skip over Steam Train.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

GuardianKing

Danny is definitely more of a passive comedian.

While I agree that the dynamic between Arin and Jon led to some insane antics, the two were really annoying to the ears whenever they had nothing to talk/joke about.

Danny, on the other hand, is more of a guy who doesn't go for crazy laugh out loud moments, but is overall just more chill and more fun (and bearable) to listen to for however long Game Grumps last.

Is Danny the "Not-so-Grump" Jon was? No. Does he have to be? Nope, and I quite like him for that.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

pntjr

I like the new GameGrumps. It's not the same show, but I enjoy it in a different way. Steam Train on the other hand.... its awful. I think they should drop it and focus on GameGrumps. It's just bad timing, which is why everybody is unsubbing. First Jon leaves and then Steam Train is introduced. 2 bad things in a row. They should've at least waited a couple months after Jon left to start Steam Train.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

RevolverLink

Is it heresy to say that I actually like the new guy better?

Don't get me wrong, I like Jon, but Danny's sense of humor seems to mesh better with me and he clearly has good chemistry with Arin.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

SubBronze

I really like Danny, and I feel Arin's having more fun now (just watch the Jackal episodes to see what I mean). I'm actually enjoying Game Grumps more now with Danny, but nothing will ever beat the Kirby Superstar and Goof Troop episodes, along with the rest of the early Game Grump series with Jon.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Electricmastro

RevolverLink wrote:

Is it heresy to say that I actually like the new guy better?

Don't get me wrong, I like Jon, but Danny's sense of humor seems to mesh better with me and he clearly has good chemistry with Arin.

I wasn't able to enjoy Dan at first because Jon abruptly left just a few hours after his announcement that he was leaving and I got off on the wrong foot as a result. Now that it has been about two weeks and have had time to mourn about Jon and move on, i've come to enjoy Danny. With Jon, what games were played and for how long seemed to be rather limited since he would often quit, but now we have the potential for more completion of game series, more genres (such as RPGs), and at least a little more attention to games and less blame for the game supposedly not telling them what to do or where to go when it clearly did.

The only criticism I have is that Danny doesn't exactly fit that "not so grump" title. He's not the type of goofy or non-seriousness that fits the title such as Jon did, one has to be serious while the other is not as serious. It's like having two Arins.

Edited on by Electricmastro

PanicPuppet

GamecubeMan wrote:

No you're definitely not. I tried watching a few of their vids and they just came off as shallow, and barely staying on the subject at hand.

I highly recommend watching "James & Mike Play" though, they're what the GGs should've been and more.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Kyloctopus

Thought I would revive this thread. I've watched the Grumps, less than I've had 8 months ago. [youtube:g-Jl6Q0XToQ]

Have you stopped watching Game Grumps, have you watched it more? I want to get some feedback.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.