Forums

Topic: Favourite Video Game Music Track?

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,448

edhe

My favourite video game tracks:

Nell's Theme - Advance Wars.
Nice guitar samples, and a great melody.

Ragnarok Canyon - Battletoads in Battlemaniacs(SNES)
Likewise, but a track I had grown to admire after hearing it in a podcast (VGMpire) - I'd been familiar with the game since my childhood, but it was only in listening to it in isolation that I could gain an appreciation for it.

Stage 1 - Sunset Riders (SNES)
Similar to Battletoads, in that I always thought I prefered a different track in the OST to this one (Stage 2), I think I actually prefer this one. I've heard a few tracks on the Megadrive version, and I definitely prefer the SNES, although I quite like the Train Stage 2 track, if not for its melody.

Prelude (Ablaze) - Fire Emblem Awakening
Though I really do like the tactical mix, the in battle version is probably my favourite. Special mention goes to Fire Emblem Warriors' rendition; Warm Blaze.

Road Taken (Roar) - Fire Emblem Fates
Same deal as with Prelude, I really like the calm version too, but not as much as the in-battle mix. As for its Warriors rendition, I'm not so big on that one.

United Kingdom - Road Rash 3
Fantastic guitar segment from 1:44. Likewise, Germany's track has a pretty decent solo.

Tennessee - Road Rash 2
My pick of the tracks from Road Rash 2 - evokes a more comedic feel than any other Road Rash track I've ever heard - fitting, because if I recall, the level's road cop is a bit of a duffer.

Battle: Realm of the Fey - Miitopia
Honourable mentions go to Boss Battle, Battle: Peculia, and Battle: Powdered Peaks for its rocking guitar in particular.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

klingki

It's probably already been said in this thread, but for me, nothing will beat the SNES Donkey Kong County soundtracks (all three games). Stickerbrush Symphony has to be my all time favorite, but there are others that could give it a run for its money.

klingki

iKhan

Probably not my favorite ever, but the one I currently have on repeat. A Hat In Time: Battle of Award 42... what a banger. It opens with the screaming electric guitars to hype you up, and then you have trading motifs and instrumentation from both the Conductor levels and DJ Grooves levels. The music then persistently amps up as you progress through different stages in the amazing boss fight, eventually reaching a climactic heroic sounding bit.

And yes, I am resurrecting this thread just to hype up this piece.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

porto

Anything from Mario Galaxy or Sunshine.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Magician

Favorite video game music? That's a tough call. I have several favorite composers because of their collective body of work. Yuzo Koshiro, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc. But I think I had Jeremy Soule's Sovngarde on loop day after day when Skyrim originally released. "Do...va...kiin, do...va...kiin", ah...so good.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

How about a little Daisuke Ishiwatari?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

PikaPhantom

VVVVVV is lower on my top 10 list of favorite game soundtracks, but Pressure Cooker might be my favorite song in any game.

PikaPhantom

TheFrenchiestFry

Miyazaki laughs at you for 4 minutes because of how many times you failed to trip the ***** over and strike his head

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

SViper

My favorite track/song is from Persona 5 - Life Will Change:

But Pokémon Sword & Shield Gym Leader Battle is not far behind:
I love Blade & Soul Astromancer (13th Class) Theme - Control the Thunder even if it was made to promote that new class, so you can't find this one in-game:

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

This is just one of my favorites...

It's definitely my favorite track from Super Mario Galaxy. (Don't get me wrong, I love Gusty Garden's theme as well.) Love how it sets the stage for Mario's space adventure

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Quimbolas

To Zanarkand from FFX. So many memories...

Quimbolas

Low_ink

Really anything form Bug Fables, but I believe this is just plain great.

Goodbye. I won't be commenting or interacting with this site anytime soon, perhaps even never again. Please enjoy Crab Thursday for me!

With love, Low_ink.

TheFrenchiestFry

Best mainline Persona battle theme and one of the best in all of MegaTen

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic