Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,460

FireMario887

I would send a creepy Martian Manhunter picture I made, but I don't know how.

FireMario887

shingi_70

ITs been confirmed that this isn't related to the nolan films and the Line from the Dark knight rises just sounded cool and the movie isn't an adaption

If they're going to adapt any Superman/Batman story my pick would be either world's finest from BTAS or the Detective story arc from Smallville Season 11.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

So I have been reading around the web today and various places are saying that the movie will be inspired by the comic arc The Dark Knight Returns. Which pulls Oliver Queen into it as well. So I am wondering if that means they might pull the Arrow TV show into the mix as well?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

Tasuki wrote:

So I have been reading around the web today and various places are saying that the movie will be inspired by the comic arc The Dark Knight Returns. Which pulls Oliver Queen into it as well. So I am wondering if that means they might pull the Arrow TV show into the mix as well?

Probably not until Justice League. From what I gather the movie will draw on the most popular Superman Batman stories but the line read at the panel will factor into the film of the two knowing each other by the middle of the film.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reference arrow but this is strickly a world's finest story. Plus taking from Dark Knight only works with an older superman and Batman and where Superman is the government stoog. DC has worked too hard making superman cool again to have him be apart of the men.

I'm just hoping we get away from the uber realistic nolan batman.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Mickey

Sony_70 wrote:

DC has worked too hard making superman cool again to have him be apart of the men.

While Frank Miller's utter butchering of Superman's character had plenty to do with Superman's "uncool" look to the ignorant public, the main reason was that people just decided that Superman was lame because he only had one (well-known) weakness and because he isn't human. Therefore, in there eyes, he is unrelatable. I'm kind of bitter if you hadn't noticed already.

I'm just hoping we get away from the uber realistic nolan batman.

I hope they get out of the Baleman formula. Villain is in power, Batman is utterly clueless, Batman finally gets a clue and he wins... sort of.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

shingi_70

That isn't what makes superman relatable. Clark Kent is what makes superman relatable and from a psychological stanpoint the superman persona is what we as men strive for the power to make the world a better place. Its one of the big differences between superman and Batman.

Despite being a Kryptonian and being 1 of the most powerful beings on the planet the thing is that Clark Kent that human side is always the dominant persona and superman is just clark kent trying to make a better world,

Contrast that to Batman who has always been shown as Batman being the dominant Persona and Bruce Wayne being the costume for him as a means to an ends. (this doesn't mean he cares not for the persona.). If anything that should make Batman more unrelatable. Its one of the reason why I enjoy the current superman comics as they've been making an effort to focus on clark kent.

As far as Batman goes I hope his costume in the new Universe is a nice medium between The Batman
Untitled

and
The new 52 batman
Untitled
Untitled

Looking back i'm not a fan of the more realistic militaristic take on batman from nolan. (expect Batman Begins as year one should always be pretty low tech). I don't want them too try and rip off Iron Man but one of the coolest thing about the batman is the gadgets and batman works best when he has a range of movement and has a sleak side,

less
Untitled

and more
Untitled

WAT!

Mickey

@Sony_70 Are you talking about this post I made in "The Question Game" thread?

Mickey wrote:

He tries his best, bad things have happened to him but he doesn't let that get in the way of his happiness and he's generally trusting of others.

If you aren't then I'll have to remind you I wasn't talking about what makes Superman relatable, I was talking about why some (ignorant misguided) people think Superman is unrelatable.

The Mousekeloggery

shingi_70

Nah I was talking bout what makes him relatable.

WAT!

Mickey

Kay. You just confused me when you said

Sony_70 wrote:

That isn't what makes superman relatable.

as if in response to what I said. Sorry about that misunderstanding!

The Mousekeloggery

FireMario887

@Happy_Mask: Is that Kevin Conroy?

My favorite DC superheroes (Best from top to bottom)
1. Martian Manhunter
2. Superman
3. Green Lantern (I can't decide between Hal or John)
4. Batman
5. Blue Beetle

FireMario887

FireMario887

Oh ok. Never heard of him. He must've been a recent voice actor or past live action actor.

FireMario887

FireMario887

No. I probably never watched the movies or shows he does Batman on.

FireMario887

FireMario887

Ok. Than I really KNOW that I didn't watch it.

FireMario887

Midnight3DS

I've seen every episode multiple times over decades, and it's still not officially released to dvd. Shame, shame.

Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

FireMario887

Well no. I don't think I've ever watched anything Mr West has acted for.

FireMario887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic