Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,460

Midnight3DS

Excuse me, but what the heck are you talking about? I made it clear it's a vibe feeling from surveying the landscape to date. And apparently you seem to agree.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Mickey

I was talking about you saying "DC trying to emulate it seems sloppy and forced, sad to say." You didn't say "it looks like DC is trying to emulate the Marvel route, judging by the rumors." You said DC is taking that route and it looks sloppy and forced. What you've made clear is that you think Justice League will be a disaster based solely on rumors.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Midnight3DS

What are you saying? They may not be trying to build up to a JL movie, like the Marvel formula, and just going in cold? More clarity please.

Mickey

@Midnight3DS Okay, my bad. I meant "it looks like DC is trying to emulate the Marvel route, judging by the rumors. Also judging by the rumors, they'll do it sloppily." I think they will do a Justice League movie and I have high hopes for it.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Midnight3DS

I have high hopes too. I've flip flopped from mostly Marvel to DC the last several years, particularely with the Arkham games and revisiting animated Batman and JLU. I also hope to see a Wonder Woman movie, as that's been in the rumor mill for a long time. As far as I know, a script or two have been written.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

Mickey

The DCAU has to be, in my opinion, one of the best things to happen to DC in awhile. And I like DC! The Arkham games certainly help DC's credibility as well. But when it comes to Marvel vs. DC for me, DC is the lesser evil of the two. They've both done some really stupid things in recent years (Marvel movies notwithstanding), but DC has retained most of it's awesomeness in my opinion.

PS: You said "supposedly decent Superman film". Does that mean you dislike it or have you not seen it yet?

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Midnight3DS

I haven't seen it yet. I'm just going by general observation of opinions on it. I love Timmverse. A high bar to match in the live action movie realm.

Mickey

Kay, now I understand. Also, it would be nice if the movies reached the level of awesomeness that was the Timmverse (specifically referring to JLU).

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Mickey

Well what do you know. As long as they don't get that hack Christian Bale to play as Batman, I'll enjoy it most likely.

The Mousekeloggery

Syrup

Untitled

Harry Lennox wrote:

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat," Lennox read, quoting Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns." "I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

I think the fact that they revealed film by quoting the big climatic battle between Superman and Batman from Frank Miller's seminal classic The Dark Knight Returns is a bit... concerning, yet exciting. This implies that Batman and Superman aren't going to be on the best of terms, and quite possibly despise each other. While this is practically the norm whenever they explore the earlier years between them (a more recent example of this is the recently released Batman Superman comic), I'm hoping that they are able to properly pull it off on film, and establish the strong friendship that they end up sharing.

Edited on by Syrup

Mickey

I can't believe they just reminded me of that Superman-hating story written by that Superman-hating writer Frank Miller. They better not be thinking about pulling a similar stunt.

The Mousekeloggery

Happy_Mask

The new Batman has yet to be cast. Christian Bale has, however, said he would not return to the role.

I think we all know who will be returning to the role of the caped crusader.
Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Tasuki

I wonder if they will go along with the ending to Dark Knight Rises and have Joseph Gordon-Levitt be the next Batman.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KaiserGX

Mickey wrote:

I can't believe they just reminded me of that Superman-hating story written by that Superman-hating writer Frank Miller. They better not be thinking about pulling a similar stunt.

Batman didn't even give credit to Green Arrow lol... That's Green Arrow for ya always getting the shaft, even though he's been a better Batman than Batman has.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Midnight3DS

Tasuki wrote:

I wonder if they will go along with the ending to Dark Knight Rises and have Joseph Gordon-Levitt be the next Batman.

That would be terrible. If you're making a 'dream' iconic teamup movie, go classic or get out.

Mickey

@KaiserGX I completely forgot! I'm surprised Green Arrow didn't shoot Batman after that!

"There, I shot Superman! Hah, now Batman's got him in his-WAIT, HE'S TAKING THE CREDIT!? Aw, screw that." and then he shoots an arrow up Batman's briefs.

@Midnight3DS I agree 100%... that, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt would look stupid in the cowl in my opinion.

The Mousekeloggery

KaiserGX

Same thing happens in Injustice in the Elsewhere universe. He was the first one who stood against Superman and died because of it. (Well Shazam too) yet we don't see any memorials for him like we saw with Lex Luthor. Except for this universe's Green Arrow... but that's in one of the Battle Mode endings.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Mickey

@KaiserGX Wow, I never really thought about it until now. I guess he does get the short-end of the stick most of the time. At the very least he has his own show, right?

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic