Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,460

shingi_70

I dunno man I think Snyder has a pretty interesting take. If I were doing a Superman movie it would be an adaption of Grant Morrison's action comics run.

Untitled

So september alongside it being Villain month its also the start of the crossover Forever Evil.
Untitled

• Forever Evil by Geoff Johns and David Finch
    -FE is going to spilling out to other books like Teen Titans and Suicide Squad.
    -Other tie in five issues mini series
    • Forever Evil: Rouges by Brian Buccellato & Patrick Zircher about Flashes rouges.
      Forever Evil: Arkham War by Peter Tomasi and Scot Eaton
      Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. by Matt Kindt
      Also the next major Arc of JLA is a five part story about Martian Manhunter and the fallout of TW.
      While the society is a constant Lex Luther is the main character of Forever Evil

DC already started announcing books and it looks like instead of one title that month there will be four per each book.
Starting With Batman

Untitled

BATMAN #23.1: THE JOKER
Written by ANDY KUBERT
Art by TBA
3-D motion cover by JASON FABOK
On sale SEPTEMBER 4 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
The Joker has FOREVER been the face of EVIL in the DC Universe…but what led him on this devious path of treachery? Andy Kubert pens this early adventure showcasing the maniacal exploits of the Crown Prince of Gotham—the JOKER!

Untitled

BATMAN #23.2: THE RIDDLER
Written by SCOTT SNYDER and RAY FAWKES
Art by JEREMY HAUN
3-D motion cover by GUILLEM MARCH
On sale SEPTEMBER 11 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
With The Dark Knight out of the picture, The Riddler engages in an epic game of wits. Learn what maddening early moments led a young Edward Nygma to evolve into Gotham City’s Prince of Mischief! And see how events of ZERO YEAR continue to affect The Riddler today!

Untitled

BATMAN #23.3: THE PENGUIN
Written by FRANK TIERI
Art by CHRISTIAN DUCE
On sale SEPTEMBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Follow The Penguin’s latest quest for power as he prepares to undermine one of Gotham City’s most powerful politicians. What does the criminal mastermind stand to gain?

Untitled

BATMAN #23.4: BANE
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by GRAHAM NOLAN
On sale SEPTEMBER 25 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Batman is gone, and the inmates of Arkham Asylum are running wild in the streets! Bane is in Gotham City with one goal…to take it over no matter who he has to break!

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Detective Comics
Untitled

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.1: POISON IVY
Written by DEREK FRIDOLFS
Art by JAVIER PINA
For too long, Poison Ivy has played with men’s hearts and been a pawn in their games too—but no more! Now that Batman is gone, she will grow into a force of nature unlike anything Gotham City has seen before

Untitled

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.2: HARLEY QUINN
Written by MATT KINDT
Art by NEIL GOOGE
3-D motion cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
If Dr. Harleen Quinzel wasn’t crazy when she fell for The Joker at Arkham Asylum, she sure was messed up afterwards! Find out more from Harley’s time with her beloved Mr. J. and see what got her into so much trouble that she was “recruited” for the Suicide Squad!

Untitled

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.3: THE SCARECROW
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
See the new Gotham City through the eyes of the Scarecrow! It’s Arkham Asylum unleashed on humanity—and it’s all the Scarecrow has ever wanted!

Untitled

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.4: MAN-BAT
Written by FRANK TIERI
Art by SCOT EATON and JAIME MENDOZA
Dr. Langstrom has given in to the Man-Bat side of his personality. Left unchecked in a world without heroes, he brutally stalks his prey in Gotham City! If Langstrom won’t stop himself…who will?

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

The Dark Knight
Untitled

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23.1: THE VENTRILOQUIST
Written by GAIL SIMONE
Art by DERLIS SANTACRUZ
3-D motion cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
The origin of the Ventriloquist is revealed! One of them has powerful telekinesis and the other is a cold-blooded murderer—but who’s the real dummy in this act?

Untitled

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23.2: MR. FREEZE
Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by JASON MASTERS
Mr. Freeze takes his obsessions over the line when he sets his sights on his newfound family and getting revenge on Batman

Untitled

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23.3: CLAYFACE
Written by JOHN LAYMAN
Art by CLIFF RICHARDS
It’s the biggest audition of Clayface’s life as he attempts to impress the Secret Society and join their ranks. Desperate to prove himself more than a monster, Clayface sets a scheme into motion that quickly unravels! Will he make his mark—or dig his own grave?

Untitled

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #23.4: THE JOKER’S DAUGHTER
Written by ANN NOCENTI
Art by GEORGES JEANTY
The Gotham Underground is quickly becoming a base of power in the DC Universe! After the destruction of Arkham Asylum, The Joker’s Daughter is gaining hordes of followers across the terrifying and brutal landscape! In a world where ugly is considered beautiful, what dark initiation rites befall this madwoman’s new recruits?

Probably won't post all of the rest jst the ones that look and sound the most interesting. So the outcome of Trinity War is Arkham Asylum gone and the Bad guys taking over Gotham while the Bat flees.

WAT!

shingi_70

Sollicts for Batman and Robin the most interesting one is the Killer Croc based one.
Untitled
[quote]
BATMAN AND ROBIN #23.4: KILLER CROC
Written by TIM SEELEY
Art by FRANCIS PORTELA
3-D motion cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY
As the battle for Gotham City continues to build, the scales become unbalanced when the ferocious Killer Croc enters the fray! [/qute]

Superman Solicitations
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/04/brainiac-bizarro-paras...
Untitled

SUPERMAN #23.1: BIZARRO
•Written by SHOLLY FISCH
•Art by JEFF JOHNSON and ANDY SMITH
•3-D motion cover by AARON KUDER
•On sale SEPTEMBER 4 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
•Lex Luthors’s sinister plan to manipulate Superman’s genetic material to create a mindless soldier under his control results in the monster known as Bizarro: opposite of Superman in every way, with no compassion, no remorse and no mercy!

Action Comics
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/06/first-look-dcs-action-c...
Untitled

Action Comics #23.3: Lex Luthor

Written by Charles Soule

Art by Raymund Bermudez

3-D motion cover by Aaron Kuder

On sale September 18 - 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US - RATED T

Evil genius, sadistic businessman, sociopathic inmate — Lex Luthor is all this and more. Now released from prison, there is nothing to stop Luthor from getting his way ... not even Superman!

WAT!

Midnight3DS

Well, Arkham Origins looks pretty fantastic.

And two PS3 DLC exclusive costumes, including classic Adam West. Nifty.

Untitled

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

FireMario887

Martian Manhunter is my favorite DC character. His powers are cool and he's a cool guy. Yet, he doesn't have his own New 52 comic series nor is he a character in Injustice.

FireMario887

shingi_70

Man of Steel was awesome; Takes the superman Mythos and updates it for a modern audience.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

I hear there is shaky cam action scenes. Too bad about that part. I also hear Zod is pretty awesome here.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

shingi_70

Plan to go see Man of Steel again sometime this week and then put down my definate thoughts on the film. Next month is Comic-Con so were probaby going to get more solid details on their film plans.

Plus DC just announced a Superman/Wonder Woman team up book by Charles Soule and Tony Daniel.
Untitled

WAT!

RR529

Our local newspaper's movie critic bashed Man of Steel O_O

He said that (outside of Clark) all of the characters are portrayed blandly, all cold and emotionless. They said it ruins itself further by being overly serious (the opposite problem that IM3 had, where it "ruined" itself by being bloated with too many corny one-liners). They said the Smallville scenes were the best of the whole film, but their short length & implementation feels like an afterthought. They said the action is great, but grows tiresome fast, as they mainly repeat the same things over & over again.

They said it's better than Superman Returns, though, and as far as recent Sci-Fi superhero movies go, it's better than Green Lantern, but not as good as Thor (which they said is a shame, since Thor wasn't very good either).

First time I've seen a negative perception of it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

I'd agree with the Smallville stuff being the best parts and the film can be overtly serious. I 'd say its better than Thor but I'm a big superman and DC fan. The rveviews have been somewhat negative but audience reviews on RT are in the 82%.

Anywho DC is hyping the next Green Lantern crossover slated for October called lights out.
Untitled

Has to do with the rings of the spectrum going out and we say a bit of that in the latest issues of Green Lantern and GLC.

Also announced today was that Tom Taylor the writer of the injustice comic book is going to be writing Earth-2.

Also one more new series was announced today called Justice League 3000.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46132

WAT!

Mickey

I'm going to go see Man Of Steel. I promise I'll give you all my honest, truthful and totally not joking opinion of it.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Happy_Mask

Mickey wrote:

I'm going to go see Man Of Steel. I promise I'll give you all my honest, truthful and totally not joking opinion of it.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Drobotic

Was anyone else thinking of shouting "NO CAPES!" while watching Man of Steel?

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

shingi_70

Just came from seeing Man of Steel a second time and it only got better and I was able to better understand the criticisms levied at the movie. TThe movie suffers from not showing a decent passage of tiem during cuts in the adult supes stuff. Zod is a good villain with understandable motivations, but he doesn't hold a candle to Faora who is the breakout of the film. (thankfully she's set up to return in Justice League or Man of Steel 2)

WAT!

shingi_70

Eh looks like the Batman Zero year stuff will be tieing into other books and that doesn't even make sense.
Untitled

I'm not even sure how this is possible when most of these guys aren't even heroes until a post superman world. I guess Zero Year can refer to the Year between Superman and Justice League. I thought it more refereed to the state of gotham at the time.

WAT!

Syrup

Sony_70 wrote:

Eh looks like the Batman Zero year stuff will be tieing into other books and that doesn't even make sense.
Untitled

I'm not even sure how this is possible when most of these guys aren't even heroes until a post superman world. I guess Zero Year can refer to the Year between Superman and Justice League. I thought it more refereed to the state of gotham at the time.

When they originally revealed that the other Bat titles were going to be tying into the Zero Year story line, Snyder stated that they're not going to be part of the main story line; instead, they're going to be showing what those characters were doing around that time. I suppose they're extending it to cover the main DCU, possibly to explain what was going on with those characters at around that time.
Honestly, I'm sure that this was an editorial mandate.

Mickey

The movie was fantastic. It DEFINITELY could have been better and Christopher Nolan's terrible storywriting skills DO shine through every now and then but overall, it was a decent flick. And it was better than The Amazing Spider-Man.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

the_shpydar

While I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, I did just recently re-watch Superman Returns when they were running it on FX. I have to say that I appreciate it much more than I did when it originally came out. It does have a lot of problems (which don't need to be rehashed here), but it really does have a lot good going for it — the classic theme and title sequence, the fact that it's technically a sequel to the impeccable Superman II, the references and nods to events of the original 2 films, and a lot of the overall thematic elements of Superman as a character. I'm glad I gave it another shot — I can overlook the flaws a lot easier now, and truly appreciate it.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic