Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,460

FireMario887

Me and my family watched Man of Steel two days ago and it was AWESOME!!! Absolutely beautiful CG, amazing story, great characters, and intense action made it my favorite movie of all time. I really like it!

I have the first New 52 Superman comic, well the action comics thing. Great read.

FireMario887

Midnight3DS

Sooooo, anyone going to check out Beware the Batman in July. It looks to be more out there than 'The Batman'. I'll try it, but man, I miss Timmverse...

Beware the Batman sizzle reel

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

the_shpydar

Beware the Batman looks absolutely horrible. The CGI style does not fit Batman at all. Ugly ugly ugly. Absolutely no desire to see this show, and I love Batman.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

Beware the Batman looks absolutely horrible. The CGI style does not fit Batman at all. Ugly ugly ugly. Absolutely no desire to see this show, and I love Batman.

I agree as well. I thought that I was being picky seeing that my favorite animated Batman was Batman: The Animated Series.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

supered91

what does anyone think of that goku vs superman death battle

supered91

RR529

supered91 wrote:

what does anyone think of that goku vs superman death battle

Although the ending wasn't to my personal preference, I thought it was a really fun watch nonetheless (I do like that they put so much effort into those).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HawkeyeWii

Okay I got the first volume of Superman New 52 comics and I really wanted to start getting into Superman, so I was wondering, which is the best Superman comic?
Action Comics, Superman, or Superman unchained?

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

Oh and I'd like to share my thoughts on Man of Steel.
It was has one of the better action sequences out of most other superhero movies, but it doesn't hold a candle to any of the Dark Knight movies, or the original 1978 Superman.

Twitter:

Syrup

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Okay I got the first volume of Superman New 52 comics and I really wanted to start getting into Superman, so I was wondering, which is the best Superman comic?
Action Comics, Superman, or Superman unchained?

Definitely Superman Unchained.

shingi_70

All of them are good but I'd rank them.

Superman > Superman Unchained> Action Comics.

I'd pick up the first arc of Action Comics (#0-6) as its an origin for superman in the new 52,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

All of them are good but I'd rank them.

Superman > Superman Unchained> Action Comics.

I'd pick up the first arc of Action Comics (#0-6) as its an origin for superman in the new 52,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HawkeyeWii

Thanks for the advice and I had heard that Actiona comics were the origin, so I will pick that up.
So is Unchained and just Superman in the same universe/setting. How does that work?

Twitter:

Syrup

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Thanks for the advice and I had heard that Actiona comics were the origin, so I will pick that up.
So is Unchained and just Superman in the same universe/setting. How does that work?

It's pretty much the same thing that happens with the three Batman titles. They're all in the same universe, and they all tend to happen at around the same time, but the stories don't step on each other/contradict themselves.

shingi_70

So the new creative team of Action Comics is Greg Pak and Araon Kruder.

Tomorrow's a big day with all three of the Justice League books are out.
Justice League
Untitled

Justice League of America
Untitled

Justice League Dark
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Checklist for Trinity War
Untitled
Untitled

July 2013
PRELUDE: TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA #1
PART 1: JUSTICE LEAGUE #22
PART 2: JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #6
PART 3: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #22
TIE-IN: CONSTANTINE #5
TIE-IN: TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA #2
August 2013
TIE-IN: TRINITY OF SIN: PHANTOM STRANGER #11
PART 4: JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7
TIE-IN: TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA #3
PART 5: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23
PART 6: JUSTICE LEAGUE #23

WAT!

shingi_70

The prelude to Trinity War starts this week with Trinty of SIn Pandora #1.

Two Preview Pages from Justice League 22
Untitled
Untitled

Two from Justice League of America 22
Untitled
Untitled

Two Pages from Justice League Dark 22
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

DC announced a crap ton of annuals today for October each one starting or ending a Line event or storyline.

Untitled

ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #2
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by KENNETH ROCAFORT, DAN JURGENS and NORM RAPMUND
Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
On sale OCTOBER 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Part 1 of “KRYPTON RETURNS,” continuing next month! What does this mean to the Universe? Superman, Supergirl and Superboy are enlisted by the Oracle to go back to their homeworld and correct what the villainous H’El has done! This epic adventure spans eons, from Krypton’s savage past of Clones to the very minutes before Kal-El’s ship is sent into space! You only think you know what happened in the last days of Krypton!

Untitled

AQUAMAN ANNUAL #1
Written by JOHN OSTRANDER
Art by GERALDO BORGES and RUY JOSE
Cover by PAUL PELLETIER and DANNY MIKI

Aquaman must reunite with The Others to investigate whether or not their recently deceased member Vostok has returned from the dead. If he has, he is definitely not the same Vostok they remember…

Untitled

GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #2
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI
Art and cover by SEAN CHEN

Don’t miss the stunning conclusion of “Lights Out!” Can Relic be defeated? Who lives? Who dies? The new status quo for the Lanterns is revealed here!

Untitled

NIGHTWING ANNUAL #1
Written by KYLE HIGGINS
Art by JASON MASTERS
Cover by TONY S. DANIEL

Robin and Batgirl grew up fighting side by side…but with Dick Grayson about to embark on a new crimefighting quest and Barbara Gordon no longer fighting under the Bat, is there anything left between them? Following the “Batgirl: Wanted” epic, this is the story of a twosome with nothing left to lose, fighting for the only thing they can: each other!

Untitled

SWAMP THING ANNUAL #2
Written by CHARLES SOULE
Art by JAVI PINA
Cover by TRAVEL FOREMAN
On sale OCTOBER 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

Tying directly into the current storyline with The Seeder—witness the next evolution of Swamp Thing! Alec’s going to need to take his powers to another level to take Seeder down...with help from the stranger coaches imaginable! Plus: an appearance from a Swamp Thing you never thought you’d see!

Untitled

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #2
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by ANGEL UNZUETA and ART THIBERT
Cover by EDDY BARROWS and • EBER FERREIRA

Leading into next month’s landmark issue #25, the Teen Titans continue their trip through time as the team must confront Jon Lane Kent, the Superboy of the future, who could one day wipe out the most powerful heroes on Earth. Can the Titan's Superboy defeat the man he was cloned from by Harvest?

I'm in for Action Comics,Green Lantern, and Swamp Thing as they're related to book i'm reading. May pick up aquaman since the annual is umored to be a apilot for a second aquaman book based on the others.

Also my buy list for this week is
Green Lantern #22
Green Arrow #22
Swamp Thing #22
Action Comics #22

WAT!

RR529

Finally got around to watching The Dark Knight Rises! It was a great film, and my personal favorite of the trilogy.

My only gripe with it, like so many movies these days, was that there were scenes that were pointlessly dark. I know Batman is supposed to be a moody series, but when two people are talking outside, in the middle of the day, one eye (or half their faces' in one scene) aren't going to be covered in a pitch black shadow. And there's no reason to have it be so dark, as you can't tell what's going on when they're fighting in the sewers (seriously, when Gordon's team first entered the sewer, their flashlights weren't illuminating anything. It was just a bunch of round lights floating around nothingness). I know directors think it makes their movies more dramatic the darker they are, but it doesn't. It just makes them harder to watch.

There are scenes where this works (most notably when Batman shut off the lights during his first fight with Bane), but when half the movie is like that, it just undermines the few moments when it actually makes sense for the image to be so dark.

Sorry for the little rant (which I gave during my opinions of The Amazing Spider-Man in the Marvel thread as well, and somewhere before that), but it's just something about modern movies that just really irks me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

shingi_70

Still haven't got around to watching The Dark Knight Risies. Batman Begins is still my favrite of the bat films I have seen.

The solicts for October are out and these are the five best ones.

Untitled

FOREVER EVIL #2
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND
1:25 Villain A variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
1:25 Villain B variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
1:25 Villain C variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
1:200 B&W Variant cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND
On sale OCTOBER 2 • 32 pg, FC, 2 of 7, $3.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
Retailers: This issue will ship with six covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The villains have taken over the world! The Teen Titans fight back! Can the inexperienced teen heroes do what the adults could not? (Answer: Nope. It goes very poorly.)

Untitled

JUSTICE LEAGUE #24
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:25 Variant cover by AARON KUDER
1:100 B&W Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
On sale OCTOBER 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for more information.
A “Forever Evil” tie-in! THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS DEAD! But who’s at the top of the food chain now? And what does BLACK ADAM have to say about it?

Untitled

GREEN ARROW #24
Written by JEFF LEMIRE
Art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
1:25 B&W Variant cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
On sale OCTOBER 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
After months away, Green Arrow returns to Seattle with new ally Shado at his side. But a furious Count Vertigo is hot on their tail! Plus, the city’s mysterious new crimelord is revealed!

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic