Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 5,198

LzWinky

Instead of spending $4 per person, they give out $5 - $30 games. Nintendo is so freaking cheap!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

iphys

Those $30 games don't cost them anything though, unless we were ultimately going to buy those games and they lost a sale, which we probably would have bought those games by now if we were going to. For all the work we put into doing their surveys, it's really not worth it if they're just going to give us games we could buy with money that we can probably earn more easily even with just a minimum-wage job.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

LzWinky

iphys wrote:

Those $30 games don't cost them anything though, unless we were ultimately going to buy those games and they lost a sale, which we probably would have bought those games by now if we were going to. For all the work we put into doing their surveys, it's really not worth it if they're just going to give us games we could buy with money that we can probably earn more easily even with just a minimum-wage job.

Here's a solution: No more club Nintendo. That way no one can complain about the lousy complimentary stuff.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Justlink

Swiket wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Instead of spending $4 per person, they give out $5 - $30 games. Nintendo is so freaking cheap!

Yeah I'm sure it's costing them millions to give out digital licenses of their own games.

But it is. The game loses value every download. So if its free, they lose tons of profit because less people will purchase them in the future now

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

KryptoniteKrunch

Zizzy wrote:

I'm surprised people want toys and knick-knacks over free games...

CN is still down for me, what the hell...

Yeah, I personally favor a free copy of Earthbound (or a bunch of other options) than a poster or something. But each to their own I guess.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

iphys

I wish people would stop calling the rewards free or complimentary when we have to do so much work filling out surveys for them. The rewards are pretty mediocre on Disney Movie Rewards too, but at least I feel like those are actually free because I can just enter a PIN and immediately get all my points without having to do two surveys and answer like 10 + 20 questions. The worst is how often the Club Nintendo surveys fail to register and then you have to do them all over again, because they won't just let you browse back to your filled-out survey and resubmit it. I might just give up filling out post-plays from now on and just register my hardware and retail games for decent amounts of coins.

Nintendo_Ninja

iphys wrote:

I wish people would stop calling the rewards free or complimentary when we have to do so much work filling out surveys for them. The rewards are pretty mediocre on Disney Movie Rewards too, but at least I feel like those are
actually free because I can just enter a PIN and immediately get all my points without having to do two surveys and answer like 10 + 20 questions. The worst is how often the Club Nintendo surveys fail to register
and then you have to do them all over again, because they won't just let you browse back to your filled-out survey and resubmit it. I might just give up filling out post-plays from now on and just register my hardware and retail games for decent amounts of coins.

It's taken me, at most, 30 minutes to take 3 surveys. It wasn't necessarily hard work.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

What_Sthat

Never considered the surveys to be work. Literally takes a minute or two to do. Most everyone I know who does them doesn't actually do them, just breezes through. I'd assume most of those surveys aren't really of benefit to Nintendo. The people who do take them seriously choose to do so, that's nobody's fault but their own. Nintendo isn't required to offer any sort of incentive program for purchasing their product, and the consumer isn't required to join any incentive program Nintendo gives. I can understand being disappointed but I can't figure out the mentality of some of the more extreme reactions people are having.

Game(s) right now: Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon, World of Final Fantasy Maxima

yyyy89786

Webby-sama wrote:

Never considered the surveys to be work. Literally takes a minute or two to do. Most everyone I know who does them doesn't actually do them, just breezes through. I'd assume most of those surveys aren't really of benefit to Nintendo. The people who do take them seriously choose to do so, that's nobody's fault but their own. Nintendo isn't required to offer any sort of incentive program for purchasing their product, and the consumer isn't required to join any incentive program Nintendo gives. I can understand being disappointed but I can't figure out the mentality of some of the more extreme reactions people are having.

This.

yyyy89786

yyyy89786

Summary of this thread today...
Nintendo gives free games!
Why no physical rewards?
Anyone want to buy my code?
I deserve better than this free garbage.
Prints cost $4.
Filling out surveys is hard labor.
Nintendo hates people.
Stupid Nintendo, why did you give your customers free games?
Whining, Whining, Whining.

Edited on by yyyy89786

yyyy89786

LzWinky

Not to mention a lot of companies do surveys and don't award the people anything for doing them

LzWinky

iphys wrote:

I wish people would stop calling the rewards free or complimentary when we have to do so much work filling out surveys for them. The rewards are pretty mediocre on Disney Movie Rewards too, but at least I feel like those are actually free because I can just enter a PIN and immediately get all my points without having to do two surveys and answer like 10 + 20 questions. The worst is how often the Club Nintendo surveys fail to register and then you have to do them all over again, because they won't just let you browse back to your filled-out survey and resubmit it. I might just give up filling out post-plays from now on and just register my hardware and retail games for decent amounts of coins.

Except they are complimentary. You voluntarily choose to fill surveys that can take ONE MINUTE to fill. They are free, complimentary, and require no extra money, hence why we designate them as such

KryptoniteKrunch

iphys wrote:

So much work, really? One survey will take me like, two minutes.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

faint

iphys wrote:

just did one for game and wario. took 2 minutes

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

MsJubilee

Oh my god i just did the survey for earthbound wow!!! I'm tired but seriously guys the surveys take like 2 minutes or less depends on who you are.Is a little thing who cares.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

iphys

I don't know how you guys do the surveys so fast, but I think you're probably not realizing just how much time they take, especially when the site always seems to hang for a minute every time you try to log in to do one, and when you have to redo surveys because they fail to submit properly. At the start of this year I spent 2 hours doing surveys as fast as I could do them honestly and only earned 215 coins. I earned over 900 coins last year, so I probably spent over 8 hours doing surveys, which is a full day's work, and for that 900 coins I'll probably end up with 2 SNES games, 2 N64 games, and NES Remix, so that's about $52 of games for 8 hours work. I'd only have to work 5 hours at minimum wage to make that much money to just buy those games, and the sad fact is those are games I probably wouldn't have even wanted to buy with real money in the first place.

CaviarMeths

How thoroughly are you answering questions? It's not an essay prompt. I take my surveys seriously, but I always just make a few points for each answer field. Sometimes I'll write a paragraph if I feel there's something to be said, but even then, a paragraph shouldn't take more than a minute to write.

The person reading the surveys probably goes through hundreds per day. He or she isn't even going to bother reading an essay. If you want your opinion heard, make short, concise points.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Eel

According to my shoddy calculator, achieving 600 coins (plat. status) would take about 14~ mixed 3DS and WiiU games in the span of a year.

If I hear correctly, you receive two surveys for every game you register. Let's say filling out each survey with just the right amount of effort takes you around 6 minutes.

That would be 168 minutes, or 2.8 hours.

That's about 0.03% of the time you have in a normal year. I think. Did I do the math right?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

Which equates to roughly $24 minimum wage before taxes...

LzWinky

iphys wrote:

I don't know how you guys do the surveys so fast, but I think you're probably not realizing just how much time they take, especially when the site always seems to hang for a minute every time you try to log in to do one, and when you have to redo surveys because they fail to submit properly. At the start of this year I spent 2 hours doing surveys as fast as I could do them honestly and only earned 215 coins. I earned over 900 coins last year, so I probably spent over 8 hours doing surveys, which is a full day's work, and for that 900 coins I'll probably end up with 2 SNES games, 2 N64 games, and NES Remix, so that's about $52 of games for 8 hours work. I'd only have to work 5 hours at minimum wage to make that much money to just buy those games, and the sad fact is those are games I probably wouldn't have even wanted to buy with real money in the first place.

I got tired of looking at ~40 surveys so I spent about an hour and a half on them. Since I filled out so many, I already know what the questions are and how I will answer them.

Edited on by LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.