General Discussion Forum

Topic: Atlus Fan Club

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,083

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

401. Posted:

zoipi wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Persona 2: Innocent Sin Remake incoming!

We got the Persona 1 remake, so hopefully we'll get this one as well.:)

Now we need the remakes of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Persona 4 (let's think in how would it be to control a female Souji Seta and try to hit on Yosuke and Kanji).

I'm sure those are soon to follow. Personally, Atlus could croak for all I care, so long as Innocent Sin is available in the U.S., I'm fine. That game's my favorite SMT game after Strange Journey.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

402. Posted:

@Mickeymac Great news, but I don't have a PSP. I'll stick with my fan-translated PSX version, I suppose.

@zoipi I'm pretty sure Atlus announced they weren't going to be doing anything with P4.

I'd actually rather they move on to P5 than keep doing remakes of these older games. O_o It's weird and they're turning into Square-Enix with all this Persona milking going on.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

403. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Mickeymac Great news, but I don't have a PSP. I'll stick with my fan-translated PSX version, I suppose.

@zoipi I'm pretty sure Atlus announced they weren't going to be doing anything with P4.

I'd actually rather they move on to P5 than keep doing remakes of these older games. O_o It's weird and they're turning into Square-Enix with all this Persona milking going on.

They've remade the original Shin Megami Tensei 4 times already(Plus a rerelease), and it seems they're keen to do it again. Innocent Sin Marks the fifth SMT-related remake on the PSP. I'd say they've already fallen down that path a long time ago. Not to mention is Innocent Sin does well, it's inevitable that Eternal Punishment would follow soon after, since they're two parts of the same game.

EDIT: With that said, I'm not complaing. I hope they remake SMT again, and this time they actually localize it (See where the whole series began!), though I hope they keep the difficulty of the original. Yes, it was brutal, but I loved it! I'll probably buy both Persona 2 remakes on day-One, too, and I'm hoping to pick up a copy of the Japan-only Demon Summoner for the PSP someday. Remakes and rereleases are far from a bad thing in my opinion. They're cheaper to make, and have already proven to be good.:D While I'll always prefer the originals, a good remake of a good game is far from a bad thing. I may even pick up Persona 3 Portable when I'm done with FES, just so I can be a girl!<3

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Stuffgamer1

404. Posted:

I find the financial info in the link about 3DS support more interesting, actually (mostly because I already knew the rest of it). Over $5 million operational profits ain't bad at all for such a niche company! Of course, that year did include the surprise hit Demon's Souls, which I'm sure boosted their earnings above expectations. I'm glad to see the company doing so well, at any rate.:)

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

405. Posted:

Oh I did the dumbest thing ever. So ive been saving in EO3 mainly by using the flash save in dungeons and havent actually saved in a long time and accidently hit a FOE and died, yeah I went from character levels 15+ to 8 :O Yeah, owww! Now Ive gotten all the quest done and in B2 in the first Stratum and cant find what to do next again.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

406. Posted:

slapshot82 wrote:

Oh I did the dumbest thing ever. So ive been saving in EO3 mainly by using the flash save in dungeons and havent actually saved in a long time and accidently hit a FOE and died, yeah I went from character levels 15+ to 8 :O Yeah, owww! Now Ive gotten all the quest done and in B2 in the first Stratum and cant find what to do next again.

Ouch!! I never do a quick save I just shut the system and never turn it off!
Side note I will be coming your way next week. Going to Kansas city Kansas to see my sister.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

407. Posted:

@Tech.... Kansas is still a good long ways off from the coast of Alabama lol. I actually have never been to Kansas, but Ive heard its a great place to live.

Oh, I flippin marked a path in B2 that was open as closed, but I got it. Im back down to B4 now again finally as Ive dropped a good 5 hours or so into the game this weekend. I think all my characters are now Lv 20 and all my characters Im not using are now Combat Study Lv10.

Aight this isnt an Atlus game but its a niche title that I think you guys might enjoy. PS2 for $1.99 at Gamestop, its called Zone of the Enders. Its a Hideo Kojima game wich is the guy who created Metal Gear Solid, its a awesome mech game that is insanely fast and has a great story wich is common for Kojima games. If you guys havent played it and have a PS2, I higly recommend grabbing it.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

408. Posted:

@slappy I have Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. Great game, but the story is so convoluted (the opening video which summarises the story of the first game is like half an hour long!) I couldn't get into it. I think maybe I should play the first one first but I can't find it anywhere. The games look awesome cool though.

× steam

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

409. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@slappy I have Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. Great game, but the story is so convoluted (the opening video which summarises the story of the first game is like half an hour long!) I couldn't get into it. I think maybe I should play the first one first but I can't find it anywhere. The games look awesome cool though.

Story in Z.O.E. summary: It's like Mobile Suit Gundam but more pretentious.

Go in for the robot fights, and just the robot fights. I've yet to see a story scene in the whole series where I didn't cringe.:P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

410. Posted:

In other words, a typical Kojima game. :P

× steam

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

411. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

In other words, a typical Kojima game. :P

Exactly, and I love Kojima game myself so I kinda have enjoyed the story so far in ZOE! Great game, especially for $1.99

So down to B4 in EO3, finally made it back to the game and I cant hardly put it down again. About to take on the FOE that the Senatus put me on the quest for. Ive tried bringing my Buccaneer back but the Gladiator, Prince, Hoplite, Monk, Farmer party I have set-up is just fantastic.

Oh and the Combat Study skill is flippin awesome. The guys/gals might be like Lv 3, but when I pull them out to play they will have like near max skills lol.

Edited on by Slapshot

AuthorMessage

MERG

412. Posted:

So I'm through the 2nd Stratum in EO3 and am trying to take on the whale (I can't remember it's name). WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That flippin' thing is H.A.R.D.!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

413. Posted:

MERG wrote:

So I'm through the 2nd Stratum in EO3 and am trying to take on the whale (I can't remember it's name). WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That flippin' thing is H.A.R.D.!

Well, it is a whale, after all. Have you ever seen a whale that was a wimp?:P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MERG

414. Posted:

@Mickeymac...no, but still. I've tried 3 times to take it on...and failed. I'm gonna go back and grind for a while before I take it on again.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

415. Posted:

LOL MERG! You are now farther then me in the game. I stopped playing for awhile need to pick this back up. :-(

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

416. Posted:

Tech...I may be further now but I just hit a brick wall.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

417. Posted:

Lol yes, he's a whale. Suggestions:

• Get Refresh on your Monk to level 4+ so you can line refresh. His devastating attack only affects sleeping characters. The other option is to get Prevent Order on your Prince - you'll have to recast that a lot but it's worth not wasting a turn to refresh people.
  • He's weak against fire, so a Zodiac or Arbalist can help a lot. The Hellfire limit break is great here too.
  • IIRC it's possible to use status effects like poison, blind and head bind on him. All of those are useful if you can land them.

Your party is almost exactly like mine was. (Gladiator, Hoplite, Buccaneer / Prince, Farmer) and I didn't have too much trouble with him thankfully. I had to fight him twice but I got through on the second try. :) I actually got through without Refresh and Prevent Order somehow. The fight lasts ages so stick with it, and good luck!

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

418. Posted:

Time to bring out the cannons!!!! I Thanks H-Mac said this boss was very hard and would give tips if need. You know I think I've heard! That one of the wildling beasts the one that does instant kills from the start of the battle can kill it with one shot! One of the tigers I believe!

Edit: Speaking of H-Mac howdy!! LOL.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

419. Posted:

Thanks HM!

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

420. Posted:

@Tech Lol hey Tech! :P Not had much time for gaming the past week or so. Been really busy! Hope to play with you soon, or at least get back to EO3 lol. :)

× steam